Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Acne scars

Hey, I wonder if anyone knows of any natural remedies for acne scars. I have a few scars which are not terrible, but are worth getting rid of and are fading only very slowly. I read somewhere that lavender oil can help. I've also heard tea tree oil mentioned but not everyone agrees with that. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

My best solution for acne scars was yogurt and honey. Just plain yogurt with no flavours and pure honey. I had a lot of acne and really dark acne scars before and did so much research and tried so many things but that's the only thing that helped me a lot! I still use that mask to keep my skin clear Big Grin I just make a mask out of 1 tbs of plain yogurt and 1/2 tbs of manuka honey (idk if you'll find it where you live because its from NZ and I live in Australia so it's very easy to find here) or you can just use normal pure honey and apply it to your face and leave it on for 30 mins or so. Do that 2-3 times a week. I remember how after about 2 weeks or so of doing it my mom told me to carry on with whatever I was doing with my face because she noticed a huge difference Big Grin

I've just started using Bio oil. Everyone says it's great for scars, and in the two weeks I've been using it, I've already had a few old acne scars peel off, with brand new skin underneath! I'm truly amazed!!! At first, I thought there was no way that's what it could be. But I'm seeing more and more progress every day! They suggest using it for at least 3 months to be able to see full results, but I really think I may have flawless skin in under two!

I've never had acne, so I don't have any scars from that, but I do have a burn scar on my right foot from dropping melted sugar on it (DON'T ASK!)... I also have a scar on my left leg from grass and shrub cuttings at work managing to penetrate my skin... And there's some small scarring on my breasts from the first time I tried to noogle and brought all this painful fluid to the surface. I still don't understand how the last happened, and it's never repeated itself, but the scarring is not going away. :/

I have a final little rainbow scar on my left knee, but that's ancient and from splitting my knee open in elementary school phys ed. Nothing's ever going to make that budge any more than it has. It's not really super noticeable anymore though.

Luckily, only the cuttings scar on my leg is in an area that it's often visible... It's on the side of the calf... Really REAAALLLY painfully obvious...

Anyways... what's this bio oil Doll and do you think it'd be helpful at all on any of these other types of scarring? The cut and stitching on the knee I'm sure is a lost cause, that's one battle scar I'll never be rid of, but as I said, it's really not that bad of one.

Lots of people have remarked on the one on my calf though. And a fair number have noticed the burn scar on the foot when I'm barefoot or wearing open enough shoes.

Bio oil is GREAT, but I don't know how it might work on a real scar. I've read a million and one reviews, and pretty much everyone said it helped either diminish their scars or almost get rid of them completely. However, down the road, if they decide to stop, they always complain that the scar gets darker again. :/ My thought is that it reflects the light away from the scar tissue, and makes it almost "disappear", without being permanent. Although it is pretty much a miracle oil, and definitely helps repair skin over long periods of time.

Of course, since it's peeling my acne scars away, that's permanent, but something like an actual scar on the skin probably won't see too much of a difference unless you plan to use it for years. Maybe these people who are stopping are stopping too soon, and need to stick with it for much longer periods of time to see lasting results...

Is this what you are talking about Doll?

http://www.google.com/shopping/product/5440085705672147880?q=bio%20oil&hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&prmd=imvns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=e0911e75caa7989b&bpcl=35466521&biw=1484&bih=821&tch=1&ech=1&psi=FEyNUOC9I5Kv0AH83oH4Aw.1351437345846.3&sa=X&ei=GEyNUJDFEYL40gGJjoCoDg&ved=0CGIQ8wIwAA#ps-sellers

I also need to rid my skin of scars, because I am such a picker and have left it a little mess. I want to try yogurt and honey, but I also very the worlds most sensitive skin, so I am little wary. Also, I eat a lot of yogurt and honey, so I would be delving into my breakfast/post-workout snack budget. I might try this since it is so inexpensive!

Yes!!!

I love it, because it smells like pumpkin spice! That's a good price, I've never found it for that price before! Lol Well worth it, too. Since it's an oil, it takes a while to dry, so you can just use it at night, or at the beginning of your morning, and use a vitamin E lotion overtop of it to help it absorb. When I wear it to sleep, I wear a band to keep my hair out of my face so it doesn't make my hair oily. I also probably don't need to use as much as I do, either! ^^; I guess if you use the right amount it probably absorbs pretty quickly! Blush

I have super sensitive skin too but my skin's fine when I use yogurt! In fact if my skin gets some sort of bad reaction with some product (if that made any sense at all) I use yogurt to calm it down :3 Idk, I just love that stuff so much lol Big Grin Ahh I used bio oil and it made me breakout like crazy >.< It works for some people but it just wasn't for me I guess Tongue

I heard that freshly squeezed lemon juice can be effective at fading scars. Have any others heard this?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon