Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Request to Eve! Please make this an adult forum

(08-11-2012, 09:43 PM)Luxy Wrote:  
(03-11-2012, 04:16 AM)Mono Wrote:  There's no way of restricting anyone to access this forum and I think it would be unfair but I agree that it's annoying to explain the same things over and over... when I read questions like “ how do I massage?“ in the massage section or “what herb to take ?“ in the herbal BE section I really think that those who still answer are true angels from heaven.

Whats worse than people asking the same question over again is people complaining about it. The simple solution is to not answer them. No one is forcing you to.

Anyway I completely agree with aoz. I also think this age limit thing is ridiculous. I don't think its any of your business policing what teens to on the internet and to their bodys. There is plenty of info telling them to wait until their older. At the end of the day they are going to do whatever they want, and we're not their parents. Secondly this site provides non invasive alternatives like massage and hypnosis, that could be helpful to them, Or perhaps just a place to talk. We don't know them, and we don't know their lives. Maybe they already graduated early so lets not tell them to find 'more important things to do' as that sounds super hypocritical considering you guys are do the exact same thing. Perhaps you should find more important things to do than monitor teens on the internet. Smile

Its a bit different, you cannot compare an underdeveloped teen body to an underdeveloped adult but I agree now, It's best just to ignore the questions that already have the answers on the forums from here on out.
I really don't give but a little damn. With that said, go ahead (to all teens ) and make your decisions, your body anyway. Whether you screw your hormones up or not (and it will cost $$ to just fix it taking tests and such), just please be mature enough to not complain or blame those on the forum. It's bad enough as it is that most youngin's don't read and do their own Due diligence.

...and I would add that everyone should encourage them to leave and NOT HELP THEM.

(09-11-2012, 03:31 AM)Wahaika Wrote:  ...and I would add that everyone should encourage them to leave and NOT HELP THEM.

Or at least actively push them onto the non-invasive methods and away from the herbs and supplements.

As for underage males... Just send them away.

If EVERYONE sends them away, maybe they'll listen...

(08-11-2012, 09:43 PM)Luxy Wrote:  Whats worse than people asking the same question over again is people complaining about it. The simple solution is to not answer them. No one is forcing you to.

Anyway I completely agree with aoz. I also think this age limit thing is ridiculous. I don't think its any of your business policing what teens to on the internet and to their bodys. There is plenty of info telling them to wait until their older. At the end of the day they are going to do whatever they want, and we're not their parents. Secondly this site provides non invasive alternatives like massage and hypnosis, that could be helpful to them, Or perhaps just a place to talk. We don't know them, and we don't know their lives. Maybe they already graduated early so lets not tell them to find 'more important things to do' as that sounds super hypocritical considering you guys are do the exact same thing. Perhaps you should find more important things to do than monitor teens on the internet. Smile

What I meant is that ok they don't search for answers but they don't read either when what they are looking for is right before their eyes in the exact same section they posted their question and most of the time just right under their thread.
And I don't answer them like I said “those who answer“ obviously I'm not talking about me.

Would it be a problem to make a forum for them? Or even just a thread saying why it could be detrimental to their health to use herbs (and maybe alternatives on what they could try)? I think it might be helpful to have the information there for them since they obviously don't know what they're doing. It'd be easier to direct them there than to repeat telling each teen newbie why they should rethink what they're doing.

I think that the point should be to try and be helpful rather than casting them out since if they're here and are participating in the community we'll at least know they're not going to go out and do anything stupid. Cover all bases and try to be supportive.

There's already tons of threads warning them away. In the herbal forum there's even a stickied "quick tips" thread that Wahaika unfortunately polluted by saying be born biologically female, but he and others also said to be over 18 as well... though that really should be 20...

I know I'm going to get a lot of hate comments but just because you're an adult doesn't necessarily mean you can decide what a teenager has the right to do. I'm sure every one of you people here wanted to have big breasts as a teenager. There are a lot of things teens can do to make their breasts bigger like massage, noogle, heat pad, BO and the list goes on. Yes, they cannot use herbs because they're young and can mess up their hormones but its not good for adults either. They increase breast cancer risks and you get horrible acne and get sick and other side effects. Those are signs of your body telling you that the change is not healthy for you yet you guys just go with it anyway. Just let them learn what they don't already know they can do to boost their growth. There's nothing wrong with that. Just let them be. I mean seriously. It's their life, they can do what they want. It's funny how they can have birth control which messes up your hormones and causes infertility and can stop periods forever and you guys have no problem with them whatsoever. Maybe they don't know at first and accidentally use herbs for a bit but then they learn what's right or wrong and I'm sure that won't cause as much damage as BC does but that doesn't concern you in any way. If they're being warned not to use them but they use them anyway then it's their mistake so why do you care? Besides I'm sure everyone learned what they know from experimenting what's good or what's bad. Most of you aren't trying to "save" them from getting harmed but you just don't want teenagers to have access to this forum because they'll learn tips and have something you never had at their age. You're talking about teen rights here, well let me say this you have no right to make rights for them. Also breasts grow until you're 25 (I've seen it myself) and I'm sure a lot of you are under that age but you still ignore that and start doing things to make them grow anyway. It's better if you support them because you've gone through the same phase. Help them by letting them know what they don't know they can do and so that they don't have to go through what you went through as a teenager instead of arguing to make this forum adult only. If you're tired of posting the same thing over and over again then don't post. It's better if you don't post at all rather than posting and complaining.

Actually if you read many of my posts you'll find that I vehemently disagree with the form that current bcp takes. I hate progestins and estrogen-like chemicals and think that all such use should be completely discontinued. They can come up with birth control using USP progesterone and estradiol. They won't though, so people are just going to have to use the nasty drugs they insist on selling them...

My point is that if they're not looking up the information then maybe a fact sheet that's specific to them could be created so that when one of them pops up with questions, everyone can just link them to the page instead. It would save time in explaining things ourselves, and the fact sheet might also encourage them to do their own research. I'm suggesting that instead of taking on a negative attitude about this we could turn it around and help them in a most efficient way that doesn't inconvenience anyone.

So maybe a "READ ME FIRST!" global sticky across the entire forum could be made by Eve with a such a thing? I doubt they'll read it, but I suppose it's worth a try. And if they don't, well, we just ignore the one's who don't. And if they do something foolish anyways, we have that to point to and say that we said not to do it and they did it anyways.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon