Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

WHY SOME BOOBS DON'T GROW?

I have been reading into the acidity of the body because I have been told by a naturopath that I have high acid levels. I have also been having acupuncture to treat the high heat I have. My spleen and liver are working too hard! I still need to verify acidity with a blood ph test but it got me thinking about what I eat etc. I was told to cut out cow's milk as this is making it worse.

I have a pretty healthy diet and take good supplements. Then I remembered that I take lots of MSM plus high doses of vitamin C. Silly as this sounds it is the main culprit, so I am switching to a non-acidic vit C as I do not want to remove this from my diet. I need to get ph strips to test urine and saliva also.

My long-winded point is that if the body is too acidic, it directly impacts the absorption of herbs and supplements. Maybe this is why NBE may not work for some people. I want to get the benefit from every supplement I take so will clean myself up of acid!

I just thought I would throw it out there as it can do no harm to not be too acidic! There is a link between PCOS and high acidity (google will bring up a few links I cannot remember the exact reference now) so I thought I would mention it as I know there are people here with PCOS. I have always drunk ACV in water pre-meals, or lemon water I used to do it to feel clean LOL. Here are some alkalising recipes for those interested.

http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/acv_...cures.html

Feel free to add comment or debunk if I have got anything wrong!
HUGS xxxx

(18-11-2012, 10:00 PM)Babakins Wrote:  I have been reading into the acidity of the body because I have been told by a naturopath that I have high acid levels. I have also been having acupuncture to treat the high heat I have. My spleen and liver are working too hard! I still need to verify acidity with a blood ph test but it got me thinking about what I eat etc. I was told to cut out cow's milk as this is making it worse.

I have a pretty healthy diet and take good supplements. Then I remembered that I take lots of MSM plus high doses of vitamin C. Silly as this sounds it is the main culprit, so I am switching to a non-acidic vit C as I do not want to remove this from my diet. I need to get ph strips to test urine and saliva also.

My long-winded point is that if the body is too acidic, it directly impacts the absorption of herbs and supplements. Maybe this is why NBE may not work for some people. I want to get the benefit from every supplement I take so will clean myself up of acid!

I just thought I would throw it out there as it can do no harm to not be too acidic! There is a link between PCOS and high acidity (google will bring up a few links I cannot remember the exact reference now) so I thought I would mention it as I know there are people here with PCOS. I have always drunk ACV in water pre-meals, or lemon water I used to do it to feel clean LOL. Here are some alkalising recipes for those interested.

http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/acv_...cures.html

Feel free to add comment or debunk if I have got anything wrong!
HUGS xxxx

Okay, I have a cool, damp system according to Chinese therapy. I need to fix this. I think this is why my results are slow than the norm.

Interesting, never would have thought of anything like this before.
Found this nice little list: http://rense.com/1.mpicons/acidalka.htm
It lists alkalizing and acidic foods. It's surprising when you actually look at it!

I know diet doesn't have too much of an effect on NBE, but maybe adding this along with a few other diet changes could definitely help. Smile This also goes to show that coffee is bad for NBE for other reasons than just having a high caffeine content!

You can verify that you are acidic by getting some pH tape and testing your saliva pH at least 2 hours after eating anything, or in the morning. It should be 6-6.4. Below 6 is problem and around 8 is a serious problem. Around 8 means you're alkaline because you're overcompensating for a major acid problem with ammonia.

The body uses calcium to buffer the pH. The problem is a lack of calcium, or actually a lack of vitamin D since most people get plenty of calcium or too much but not enough vitamin D. 2000 IU is ideal, and you can temporarily use 10,000 IU to fix a deficiency.You may want to double check your levels with a doctor before using 10,000 though it's unlikely to hurt. A tan will also give several thousand IU and as long as you don't burn yourself you're unlikely to increase your cancer risk. Sunshine also promotes the release of dopamine and serotonin for proper mood balance, while vitamin D alone does not. Extreme amounts of baking soda and maybe even vinegar might change your PH forcefully, but this is not the natural way to regulate pH and it could mess with your system and your stomach. Mostly that guy is a quack. Most people are, unfortunately, too acidic so it's a great problem for him to jump on.

Calcium is in fact essential for estrogen response in boobs and for their health in general. And besides regulating pH which is important for every chemical reaction in the body, it is used in several systems throughout the body and is important for general health. Or really vitamin D is, since we have such an overinflated calcium RDA. Vitamin K is also important but unless you never ever eat colorful veggies it's pretty easy to get. Like I said unless your pH is below 5 you're not particularly abnormal and I think this guy is only trying out a fad on you. You may be unhealthy, yes, but not unusually unhealthy.

My pH is 6.3-6.4 and my calcium intake is inconsistent so I know this works. I don't need to go through any unusual rituals to keep it that way.

Thanks for the info Surferjoe, in my case the acupuncturist and naturopath both told me the same thing and made some suggestions. They happen to coincide with what the guy says but the biggest change I have made is using sodium ascorbate instead of my usual vit C. I think that alone will help as I was consuming quite a lot to help the MSM I take work better (as I was told to do a few years back). I will keep an eye on my system to see how I feel but already I feel much better which is great. I already take a calcium supplement with vit D as prescribed by my doctor but I was not aware of the calcium issue and booby growth.

It just goes to show how complex all this stuff is and altering one minute thing can have such an effect elsewhere. Hopefully the sodium intake will be okay. I saw a research paper which suggested larger amounts are okay to take, but still.

Check the amount of vitamin D in the calcium supplement, because many contain a minimal amount. If you don't get 2,000 IU at least shoot for 1,000 IU. Or if you get some UV sunlight you can get plenty even after 20 minutes or so. It's the difference between adequate to survive and ideal. A roll of pH tape is very cheap and it would help you figure out exactly where you're at. There are a lot of studies that indicate increased bone density from vitamin D, unchanged bone density (no improvement) from a source of calcium with vitamin D, and reduced bone density from calcium alone. One theory is that calcium alone depletes the vitamin D so that there is less available calcium.

Sodium ascorbate wouldn't hurt but I would get the body to regulate its own pH before figuring out how to force it. Besides calcium is essential for 1,000 things besides pH, and without vitamin D you can't use calcium. This sounds like curing a fever with ice packs; the person isn't really cured. And how much ascorbate are you even consuming that it isn't 1/100th the amount of all the other sour things you eat?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon