Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Wider Hips?

Rainbow 

I'm currently air hula hooping and doing leg lifted bicycles laying down on my side and the second one is really building my hips. I also do hip abductors laying down to help build my hips but does anyone know other tips or tricks I could use to help build wider hips. I'm doing a full body transformation for next year and so far it's going great but it's time to step up my game.

Besides building muscle also stretching and getting a better turn out can help the appearance of the hips.

I sorta know that because when I had PT for my knee my therapist told me my one hip is rotated in and is visually apparent. I'm also a dancer so the turn out does make a difference in appearance of the hips and overall line of the body.
Rainbow 

(10-12-2012, 12:49 AM)kmgator Wrote:  Besides building muscle also stretching and getting a better turn out can help the appearance of the hips.

I sorta know that because when I had PT for my knee my therapist told me my one hip is rotated in and is visually apparent. I'm also a dancer so the turn out does make a difference in appearance of the hips and overall line of the body.

Thanks girl! Big GrinBig Grin

Butterfly and frog stretches are a couple good ones also ones to stretch your hip flexors and IT band as well. I'll let you know if I think of anything else.

And another note, make sure your muscles don't get too tight and reduce flexibility because that can create issues. That can happen if you just build up the muscle and it becomes muscle bound like a lot of body builders are... Oh and don't over stretch either or push beyond your body's natural limits when stretching, it'll cause more harm than good.

Common knowledge I think but figured I'd just throw it out there since even I have to remind myself of it.

I need wider hips again. =___=
When I was about 41", my hips looked VERY nice, but then I got sick and lost almost all my muscle. :/ I'm at about 40" again now (been building my butt muscles at the gym!), but now I really want hips again. I don't look as curvy from the front without them. I'm all butt. >.<

I think wider hips will make my waist look smaller, too. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble at the gym finding any machines that'll help my hips, so I may just have to focus on those at home. I did leg circles lying on my side with ankle weights, and those are I'm pretty sure what got me my hips before (although I also had a lot of cellulite at the time, and so some of that was also probably extra water-weight). I did them with 2lb weights before, but now that I have 10lb weights, I think I'll be able to make progress much faster.

yes bigger hips I'm not bad at this before nbe was pear shape but when I would work out a lot I had very bigger hip and booty, right now I have I have small round butt would love more I love curves anyone got tips I don't have time for gym I mostly run walk a lot for health
Rainbow 

My hips have begun to spread more do to my air hula hooping, and also from me doing laying hip abductors with the stretch band. But I still have this problem area like right inbetween my hips and thighs, it just slants down until it reaches my thighs and it kills me! ugh I like the way it is, I just want it more rounded out. I think I need more fat/muscle in that region.

(16-12-2012, 08:27 PM)Emily Loretta Wrote:  My hips have begun to spread more do to my air hula hooping, and also from me doing laying hip abductors with the stretch band. But I still have this problem area like right inbetween my hips and thighs, it just slants down until it reaches my thighs and it kills me! ugh I like the way it is, I just want it more rounded out. I think I need more fat/muscle in that region.

To get bigger hips, you are better off becoming at least slightly estrogen dominant. Trust me, I know what I am talking about. This is the only way you can get those nasty fat bottom girl curves (if you are past spreading hips) unless you stop working out or get prego.

You are just going to continue to build muscle where the fat could have gone. If you really want do it this way, don't over do it with endurance and you will have to keep working out.

Rainbow 

@kmgator

I just tried the butterfly and fog stretches, thanks for those! I also looked up how to widen hips and I think this is a good article. It basically says to build wider hips you should follow this program:

3 sets Side Lunges - 8 to 10 reps on each leg going back and forth between legs

3 sets Side Dumbell Abductions - 6 to 8 explosive reps on each leg -

5 to 10 minutes of Sideways Treadmill Walking - 1 minute intervals in each direction

This program can be done 3 times a week to really focus strongly on building up the outer hips.

So I'll be trying it out and hoping for the best Big Grin

I also found Buffy's video. I <3 Buffy, her body is beautiful!! I'm going to see what I can mix in from Buffy's video.

H Emily plz keep us informed
what worked best for u?
I guess I've heard that in order to get a muscle grow bigger , it's enough have it exercised once a week to ensure growing well

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon