Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Wider Hips?

H Emily plz keep us informed
what worked best for u?
I guess I've heard that in order to get a muscle grow bigger , it's enough have it exercised once a week to ensure growing well

Yes, Sara, you're right. Anything from 1 to 2 times a week is good for muscle building. 3 times a week is too much, because it will not be allowing enough time between workouts to grow. Muscles that undergo weight training with heavy weights (for the purpose of building) need 72 hours of rest (which is 3 days). For optimum growing INSTEAD of strengthening, I would recommend this routine be done twice a week, and if not twice, do it only once a week. It's better to have more days of rest than needed than it is to interrupt your muscles' growing period.

This routine should be done more than twice a week if a person wants more to be toning these muscles, as opposed to building them. But, it is important to remember that building muscles only applies to the case in which you use heavy weights (you will know the weight is heavy enough if you cannot finish more than 8-10 reps per set with the weight of that certain exercise. If you cannot do more than 10 reps with that weight, it is a good weight for you!!). If a person is using light weights, they will not be needing the resting time because they will not be needing it to grow as weight trainers do. And so, if a person wants to do this routine with light weights, they might as well do it three times a week... but they will not be getting a great build mass from it. They will just be toning.

(13-12-2012, 08:10 PM)Doll Wrote:  I think wider hips will make my waist look smaller, too. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble at the gym finding any machines that'll help my hips, so I may just have to focus on those at home. I did leg circles lying on my side with ankle weights, and those are I'm pretty sure what got me my hips before (although I also had a lot of cellulite at the time, and so some of that was also probably extra water-weight). I did them with 2lb weights before, but now that I have 10lb weights, I think I'll be able to make progress much faster.

@ gym: Abductors, setting the seat back towards a decline posture, will work the Gluteus Medius. This is where you should look at hypertrophy training, you want "visual mass". ;-)

The "Hydrants" (Hip circles?) you mentioned elsewhere wlaso should get you good results. It's those other two parts of the Gluteals, mostly the Medius, you need to "grow" a bit.
As mentioend elsewhere, hula hooping, bellydance, and yoga shuold help, too - but I'm not an expert on those. there was a blog/site, IIRC - "Build your female curves," i think it was - where a competitive female body builder had exercises listed. don't knwo if it's still up, though - you'll need to google.
She did things with hula hoops and ankle weights and such for the same reasons. (though she didn't need help... Angry Jealous.)

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon