Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Best Alternative of Nose Surgery?

Hey CelebrityChic,

Thanks for your input! I actually have researched into that, and WISH that could be an option for me... sorry that I confused you, but the entire bridge of my nose projects out from my face too much... in other words, my nose is TOO European lol. Really, everything about my nose is well in proportion to the rest of my nose--the bridge, the nostrils, the width, etc-- but in comparison to my face, everything is all just one size too big! These nose-up thingys are promising when it comes to narrowing the nose, but making it project less from the face? Eh, the best they can do is promise NOT to make it project more if you put it on a certain way. Who knows, maybe once my nose is narrower, how much the bridge currently projects from my face won't look so bad anymore!

(15-02-2013, 08:09 AM)timarie Wrote:  Hey CelebrityChic,

Thanks for your input! I actually have researched into that, and WISH that could be an option for me... sorry that I confused you, but the entire bridge of my nose projects out from my face too much... in other words, my nose is TOO European lol. Really, everything about my nose is well in proportion to the rest of my nose--the bridge, the nostrils, the width, etc-- but in comparison to my face, everything is all just one size too big! These nose-up thingys are promising when it comes to narrowing the nose, but making it project less from the face? Eh, the best they can do is promise NOT to make it project more if you put it on a certain way. Who knows, maybe once my nose is narrower, how much the bridge currently projects from my face won't look so bad anymore!

I received the Nose Up about a week ago and I think it can help in some ways, but as you've mentioned, I'm not sure how it can handle the nose bridge issue. Sad I have the same issue with my nose - the bridge projects a bit too much, && I feel like my nose is just a tad bit too big for my face. It's also a bit long. >.>

I've been using the blue Nose Up piece to pinch the bump on my nose bridge, && I've also turned it 90 degrees and use it to pinch my bulbous tip upwards. I'm going to start using it regularly so I can really see some progress. Although I'm wondering if rhino plastic surgery is the only true remedy for my situation.

I sorta feel like the Nose Up is geared towards smaller noses that want to be elongated, or wider noses that want to be slimmed down. Which makes sense considering this is a Japanese product, && those two issues are probably more common amongst the Japanese than having a long nose, strong nose bridge, bulbous tip, etc. -__-; I'll continue the routine though, && perhaps add in those facercises 'cause I think that will target the bulbous tip issue better.

I've been trying to fix my bulbous nose with nose up for one whole month, carrying it at least for 2 hours a day, often couple of hours more, but I don't really see any improvementSad

Did someone fix his bulbous nose and how long did it take??

I've tried using Nose Up for my nose bridge and bulbous tip. Unfortunately, I don't really think the Nose Up can work to fix bulbous nose tips. -__-; I wish it could, but I think the main problem with having a bulbous tip is the excess in fatty tissues. In order to shrink the bulbous look, those tissues have to be destroyed. I think using the Nose Up tool can reshape fatty tissue, but I doubt it can actually destroy it. :/

I've been looking online and there are non-surgical rhinoplasty procedures that can be done to alter the appearance of nose bridges and to diminish the size of a bulbous tip. There are other nose problems they can fix as well (shrinking a wide nose bridge, lowering nostril position, enlarging a small nose, etc.). Doctors can inject these fillers into the nose that can offer quick results with no downtime. The results last a long time, but I'm not sure if it's temporary or permanent. Still trying to find out about that. Also, it's supposed to be a cheap alternative to traditional rhinoplasty - and it's less invasive.

Here are some links to check out:
Non-Surgical Nose Job - Details
Before & After Pictures
Before & After Pictures (with descriptions of procedure)

I might actually get a consultation for this because I've always had issues with my nose, but I never wanted to get a full-blown surgery. I'm just really curious at how much these 15min~20min procedures are... >.>; This one spa has an $800 special (link here), so assuming that the results are definite and permanent, this is actually quite affordable. I think traditional rhinoplasty can start at about $5,000.

I know this may not be the alternative people were looking for, but it's still an option worth investigating into. At least for me, since I don't think I can destroy the fatty tissues in my nose tip any natural way on my own, lol. I think my first procedure would be to flatten my nose bridge...

(24-02-2013, 06:03 PM)Ever Hopeful Wrote:  I've tried using Nose Up for my nose bridge and bulbous tip. Unfortunately, I don't really think the Nose Up can work to fix bulbous nose tips. -__-; I wish it could, but I think the main problem with having a bulbous tip is the excess in fatty tissues. In order to shrink the bulbous look, those tissues have to be destroyed. I think using the Nose Up tool can reshape fatty tissue, but I doubt it can actually destroy it. :/

I've been looking online and there are non-surgical rhinoplasty procedures that can be done to alter the appearance of nose bridges and to diminish the size of a bulbous tip. There are other nose problems they can fix as well (shrinking a wide nose bridge, lowering nostril position, enlarging a small nose, etc.). Doctors can inject these fillers into the nose that can offer quick results with no downtime. The results last a long time, but I'm not sure if it's temporary or permanent. Still trying to find out about that. Also, it's supposed to be a cheap alternative to traditional rhinoplasty - and it's less invasive.

Here are some links to check out:
Non-Surgical Nose Job - Details
Before & After Pictures
Before & After Pictures (with descriptions of procedure)

I might actually get a consultation for this because I've always had issues with my nose, but I never wanted to get a full-blown surgery. I'm just really curious at how much these 15min~20min procedures are... >.>; This one spa has an $800 special (link here), so assuming that the results are definite and permanent, this is actually quite affordable. I think traditional rhinoplasty can start at about $5,000.

I know this may not be the alternative people were looking for, but it's still an option worth investigating into. At least for me, since I don't think I can destroy the fatty tissues in my nose tip any natural way on my own, lol. I think my first procedure would be to flatten my nose bridge...

This is exactly what CelebrityChic was talking about in her post above. As far as I have read, it is temporary, lasting for about 6-9 months, depending on the type of filler that is used. The bulbous tip would not BE smaller, but only APPEAR smaller, which may work for some people who can afford to add more volume to the other parts of their nose to make the tip look smaller, but I cannot really afford to make anything bigger, lol. Thanks for sharing the info, though! Your links are interesting because, although it is the same procedure, they describe on those websites as the results being permanent after only two treatments? Um, if this is true, and those big noses are actually SHRINKING in dimension because of a filler (which actually makes absolutely no sense to me, unless the "filler" burns off cartilage! Haha which would be nice), I'M IN. Seriously, this goes against all that I have ever read on the procedure. Sounds too good to be true, but you've got me looking into it again! But do please notice that, although the IMAGES APPEAR to be big noses in the before pictures... I noticed that the type of nose that both you and I share does NOT fall under the "Ideal Candidates for the Procedure" section. Notice that almost all of the "Before" photos are more "zoomed in" than the "After" photos, making the nose and all its dimensions appear larger in the "Before" photos. This would work for someone whose nose APPEARS bigger due to some disproportions, but will not work for me, as my nose has a nice shape but is just one-too-many sizes too big in ALL dimensions. Thanks for posting for the sake of those who will benefit from this though. I guess I am just bummed a bit because I am still dumb-outa-luck Dodgy But hey, when I am running out of options, I will look into the things that I am skeptical about, so I will probably start looking into this anyway! I hope that free consultations are offered...

And you are right about the nose-up. It never will be able to reduce the volume of the nose-- just reshape it (which CAN be all that some people will need). It is originally made for wider, flatter noses which desire to be made more narrow and more projected from the face. This is why it is called the "nose-up" lol despite the fact that they advertise it to make your nose "smaller"-- the Asian definition of a small nose is not the same as us Caucasian's definition Tongue This was my dilemma earlier as I had mentioned in a previous post. I discovered that there are ways to angle the device so that you do not make your nose bridge project more from the face while trying to narrow it... but it does not make it project any LESS from the face, either Dodgy

Please tell us how your consultation goes, if you decide to set one up!! I am verrrrrry interested.

(24-02-2013, 09:03 PM)timarie Wrote:  This is exactly what CelebrityChic was talking about in her post above. As far as I have read, it is temporary, lasting for about 6-9 months, depending on the type of filler that is used. The bulbous tip would not BE smaller, but only APPEAR smaller, which may work for some people who can afford to add more volume to the other parts of their nose to make the tip look smaller, but I cannot really afford to make anything bigger, lol. Thanks for sharing the info, though! Your links are interesting because, although it is the same procedure, they describe on those websites as the results being permanent after only two treatments? Um, if this is true, and those big noses are actually SHRINKING in dimension because of a filler (which actually makes absolutely no sense to me, unless the "filler" burns off cartilage! Haha which would be nice), I'M IN. Seriously, this goes against all that I have ever read on the procedure. Sounds too good to be true, but you've got me looking into it again! But do please notice that, although the IMAGES APPEAR to be big noses in the before pictures... I noticed that the type of nose that both you and I share does NOT fall under the "Ideal Candidates for the Procedure" section. Notice that almost all of the "Before" photos are more "zoomed in" than the "After" photos, making the nose and all its dimensions appear larger in the "Before" photos. This would work for someone whose nose APPEARS bigger due to some disproportions, but will not work for me, as my nose has a nice shape but is just one-too-many sizes too big in ALL dimensions. Thanks for posting for the sake of those who will benefit from this though. I guess I am just bummed a bit because I am still dumb-outa-luck Dodgy But hey, when I am running out of options, I will look into the things that I am skeptical about, so I will probably start looking into this anyway! I hope that free consultations are offered...

And you are right about the nose-up. It never will be able to reduce the volume of the nose-- just reshape it (which CAN be all that some people will need). It is originally made for wider, flatter noses which desire to be made more narrow and more projected from the face. This is why it is called the "nose-up" lol despite the fact that they advertise it to make your nose "smaller"-- the Asian definition of a small nose is not the same as us Caucasian's definition Tongue This was my dilemma earlier as I had mentioned in a previous post. I discovered that there are ways to angle the device so that you do not make your nose bridge project more from the face while trying to narrow it... but it does not make it project any LESS from the face, either Dodgy

Please tell us how your consultation goes, if you decide to set one up!! I am verrrrrry interested.

Oh wow, I totally didn't notice that CelebrityChic mentioned this earlier! I think I read her post awhile back, but I didn't quite remember it when I was writing my post today, hehe. Blush Well, if this procedure only lasts 6-9 months, then it kinda makes me think that the traditional rhinoplasty route is better and more cost-effective... Because I can't imagine spending $1,000 every year to touch up my nose, especially if the results of the procedure would still not be quite my ideal nose.

As far as I read (which wasn't too much so I may be mistaken), there are injections that can enlarge portions of the nose as well as injections that can destroy some of the fatty tissue in the nose (particularly for the bulbous nose problem). If the procedure only makes the nose appear smaller but does not actually reduce the size of the nose as you mentioned, then it only seems worthwhile for photogenic purposes. I actually want my nose to be smaller though, not just look smaller. xD;

After checking the Before and After Pictures I posted links to, I noticed how the angles were different, lol. What a nice technique to use, huh? Zooming in on the "Before" images and zooming out for the "After" images. It's almost the same method as showing unhappy expressions for the "Before" and happier expressions for the "After." This technique was more subtle, so I didn't catch on to it! You have a good eye for detail! Tongue The changes in the bridge are quite noticeable though and those results look great!

And you're right about the Nose Up. Different cultures have different ideals and definitions of what a small nose looks like, so it definitely works wonders for some people! I've tried angling the Nose Up vertically and pinching my nose tip upward, but mehh... -__-; It'd be nice if the nose bridge could be flattened down somehow though. I've been trying to use facercises for that by pushing down on the bridge with a considerable amount of pressure for a long duration of time, but I think the only solution would be for a rhinoplastic surgeon to break my nose and restructure it (lol) or add the filler injections to hide the bridge.

If I go in for that consultation, I'll let you know how it goes! Hopefully it's free and not a five minute convo. xD I'll give them a call beforehand to make sure. :p

(24-02-2013, 09:59 PM)Ever Hopeful Wrote:  As far as I read (which wasn't too much so I may be mistaken), there are injections that can enlarge portions of the nose as well as injections that can destroy some of the fatty tissue in the nose (particularly for the bulbous nose problem). If the procedure only makes the nose appear smaller but does not actually reduce the size of the nose as you mentioned, then it only seems worthwhile for photogenic purposes. I actually want my nose to be smaller though, not just look smaller. xD;

Wait a minute-- you have read that there are injections that can destroy some of the fatty tissue in the nose? WHAT?! Please attach a link if you can remember where you read that! That is something that does sound permanent to me. Remember that I am just sharing what I have read. I may have completely missed something that you found, so please share!

If this all doesn't work, a friend of my friend specializes in accident reconstruction in Brazil. Maybe together we could get a discount and make a vacation out of it Cool LOL. I believe they are called cosmetic vacations...

But before I ever resort to such drastic measures, I would like to know what you found (mentioned above). I will also be looking into it more again. Thanks for keeping us posted!

(24-02-2013, 11:28 PM)timarie Wrote:  Wait a minute-- you have read that there are injections that can destroy some of the fatty tissue in the nose? WHAT?! Please attach a link if you can remember where you read that! That is something that does sound permanent to me. Remember that I am just sharing what I have read. I may have completely missed something that you found, so please share!

If this all doesn't work, a friend of my friend specializes in accident reconstruction in Brazil. Maybe together we could get a discount and make a vacation out of it Cool LOL. I believe they are called cosmetic vacations...

But before I ever resort to such drastic measures, I would like to know what you found (mentioned above). I will also be looking into it more again. Thanks for keeping us posted!

I found the Q&A site that I got that info from (link) and it looks like I am mistaken, lol. The poster mentioned that if there is an excess of fibrofatty tissue in the nose (typical of a bulbous tip) that the cartilage would have to be removed surgically. S/he also mentioned that if one attempts to inject a filler in that part of the nose, it might actually make the bulbous tip look worse and may cause the tissue to be destroyed (I'm assuming s/he was referring to "unwanted tissue," not the cartilage we want to get rid of). Sorry. -__-; Guess I'm back at square one. I'd still like to go for a consultation though just to see. No harm in that.

I would be willing to plan a "cosmetic vacation," hahaha! Tongue So long as it's affordable and the results are fabulous~ Maybe I should find pictures of noses that I'd like to have for reference material...

(25-02-2013, 12:06 AM)Ever Hopeful Wrote:  I found the Q&A site that I got that info from (link) and it looks like I am mistaken, lol. The poster mentioned that if there is an excess of fibrofatty tissue in the nose (typical of a bulbous tip) that the cartilage would have to be removed surgically. S/he also mentioned that if one attempts to inject a filler in that part of the nose, it might actually make the bulbous tip look worse and may cause the tissue to be destroyed (I'm assuming s/he was referring to "unwanted tissue," not the cartilage we want to get rid of). Sorry. -__-; Guess I'm back at square one. I'd still like to go for a consultation though just to see. No harm in that.

I would be willing to plan a "cosmetic vacation," hahaha! Tongue So long as it's affordable and the results are fabulous~ Maybe I should find pictures of noses that I'd like to have for reference material...

Hmm. Ok so excuse me from being ignorant, but I always thought it was just cartilage at the tip of the nose. Being composed of fat tissue, as described, I wonder if a product such as this: http://www.bglen.com/en/products/body_massage could work on shrinking off the fat? Lol I sound ridiculous... Knowing that the tip of the nose is partly composed of fat tissue gives facercises a whole new meaning! haha (obviously the last part was a joke because no one can spot-reduce fat via exercise, but the first comment I made about the cream I was serious about, although it IS pretty funny!)

And yes, find photos but most importantly make sure you have a photo of your nose from the front, one from each side with your face pointed 95 degrees from the plane of the camera lens, and one from above. And yes, it will definitely be more affordable. My friend got her boobs done by the Brazilian surgeon and it was done for a little under $3,000 for the entire procedure (boob jobs typically range anywhere from $3,500-7,500).

(25-02-2013, 05:06 AM)timarie Wrote:  Hmm. Ok so excuse me from being ignorant, but I always thought it was just cartilage at the tip of the nose. Being composed of fat tissue, as described, I wonder if a product such as this: http://www.bglen.com/en/products/body_massage could work on shrinking off the fat? Lol I sound ridiculous... Knowing that the tip of the nose is partly composed of fat tissue gives facercises a whole new meaning! haha (obviously the last part was a joke because no one can spot-reduce fat via exercise, but the first comment I made about the cream I was serious about, although it IS pretty funny!)

And yes, find photos but most importantly make sure you have a photo of your nose from the front, one from each side with your face pointed 95 degrees from the plane of the camera lens, and one from above. And yes, it will definitely be more affordable. My friend got her boobs done by the Brazilian surgeon and it was done for a little under $3,000 for the entire procedure (boob jobs typically range anywhere from $3,500-7,500).

Oh jeez, lol. Well, I think the tissue in the nose is different, so I'm not too sure if it'll respond so well to a product designed for getting rid of body fat, hehe. Although that is a good idea to look into! It's probably difficult to shrink the "fibrofatty tissues" in a non-invasive way though... :/

So that kinda makes traditional rhinoplasty seem attractive to me. The permanence and effectiveness of it. Plus, I would hope that surgeons have improved the quality of their nose jobs since their debut. So I wouldn't be too worried about a nose job gone wrong, y'know? Considering my nose issues, I don't quite think I'm an ideal candidate for non-surgical rhinoplasty. x__x

And wow, no more than $3,000 for a boob job? That sounds great! Hopefully the outcome was equally as wonderful, lol. Surgical procedures are much cheaper in some countries. The U.S. is so expensive... ~.~ But if it weren't, everyone would be getting surgeries! xD

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon