Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

BO, Underdeveloped Breasts, and PCOS

I really wanted to document my journey, so here goes!

I was only diagnosed with PCOS a few months ago, but I've had it ever since puberty, and as thus it's effected my development (PCOS is a hormonal disorder).
When I was finally diagnosed, I was put on metformin (which didn't do much) and birth control. I lost 10 pounds on the birth control in about two months, which was fantastic! My body chemistry is coming back to how it should be naturally, without the excess androgen to mess with my metabolism.
However, my breasts are still woefully underdeveloped. I'm not entirely comfortable with posting pictures, but suffice it to say that I'm about a stage IV but more...droopy. Almost as if they're slightly tuberous. Instead of perking up at the tip, my puffy areolae droop down. As you can imagine, this has led to some self esteem issues. They're fairly small (I measure a 36A but because my breast aren't round, I don't fill it out) and my breasts don't match my frame (5"5', 135 lbs). My little sister is about the same size as me but much curvier with D's, my 5", 90 lb cousin has Bs...I don't exactly fit in.
I started Swanson's BO on December 28, almost a month ago. I started on four pills a day, or 1000 mg, and after reading that that might not be enough, about two weeks later I started on six a day, or 1500mg.
I'd been feeling odd sensations in my smaller right breast (the one that's less underdeveloped) rather randomly, kind of like a tapping inside my breast, but I didn't realize what it was as most people talking about growing pains, and this never hurt.
The other day, I noticed that the breast in question has become more perky, and slightly more shapely. It's not as droopy as it was, and is starting to look like a normal breast.
Obviously, I'm really excited about this! I may post pictures as things change and I become less self conscious. I'm running out of BO, so I've gone back down to four a day, but when my new shipment arrives I'll bump it back up to six. Wish me luck!

Welcome! I have tuberous breasts which droop. But thats because they're bigger. But if most of your mass is in the areola, they probably are tuberous.
And I'm also taking BO, but its ultra breast. So far so good!
Are you thinking about trying the noogleberry? I've used mine for about a week and its really changing the shape of my breasts to be more round.

Good luck! Can't wait to see your progress

Thanks, pomelo!
I've done some research into noogleberry, and it seems really neat, but it's just not something I can afford right now. Most of my cash goes towards tuition and rent. That's why I'm just using a generic BO and not BB or UB, too much money!
I'm thinking about saving up for one, but at the moment I just want to see what the BO does on it's own.

(21-01-2013, 01:05 AM)Hootsmon Wrote:  Thanks, pomelo!
I've done some research into noogleberry, and it seems really neat, but it's just not something I can afford right now. Most of my cash goes towards tuition and rent. That's why I'm just using a generic BO and not BB or UB, too much money!
I'm thinking about saving up for one, but at the moment I just want to see what the BO does on it's own.

Have you heard about the chi massage? That will also help with your stimulation for growth.

I've heard that massage in general is good but I haven't heard about chi specifically. Can I find out about it online?

There are instructions to the Chi massage in the massage section if you look through it. I personally don't like that massage, but it may be good for your purposes. I just find it rather monotonous and boring.

Good luck! I wonder what BO might do for us PCOS sufferers. I've been considering trying it lately (since PM made my period a month late but still gave me period symptoms the entire time). Let us know how it goes!

I've also read that progesterone is what your body produces to get your breasts to stage 5, so maybe that's something to look into, even low-dose? I've been on NBE for a year now and my areolas are still pretty puffy at times, and I think a lack of progesterone in my program may be the culprit. Progesterone also helps round out the shape of the breasts. I believe I have some progesterone in my body, and just not enough to complete the growth cycle, because my breasts are very round, they just lack some of the fullness of the stage 5 breasts.

Hi i have been suffering from pcos since puberty too. I am 22 now with 34A breast size but since my breast aren't round so the cup doesn't fill in. I have been taking PM for the past 2 months and have seen no growth. Us pcos-ers have high androgen which causes unwanted hair growth and acne. I am quite thin weighing 110 lbs with 5-5" frame. I am wondering if BO will help me with the breast growth. I am also taking spearmint tea to control my acne as it lowers testosterone. I have used wild yam progesterone for only 2 weeks and felt that it made my boobs even smaller. Any suggestions as to what program i should follow??

@Kj09

I am seeing a lot of ladies come here and start up NBE lightening fast. I've done this my first time around and figured out its not at all a "one fit all" approach. There is a lot to it.

And since you have pcos, its no wonder PM isn't working well for you so far, though its still too early to tell. Give 6 months to yield results on any protocol. If you quit now and try something else, you will never know if PM really could have worked for you or not. Breasts take time to develop but seeing you are having doubts maybe you should do some thorough testing.

But since you aren't a healthy balanced female, this is already a potential mistake. Anything estrogenic can give you an androgen spike which in your case would be detrimental. I actually gave my self a form of hirsuitism after my first nbe attempt. I messed up my thyroid even more to with all the soy I was taking. The fenugreek screwed up my blood sugar.

I think you should address your pcos and do thorough testing before attempting NBE if you want success. You will know what NBE protocol is best once you know what your hormone levels are and what your body needs.

(21-01-2013, 10:02 PM)Doll Wrote:  There are instructions to the Chi massage in the massage section if you look through it. I personally don't like that massage, but it may be good for your purposes. I just find it rather monotonous and boring.

Good luck! I wonder what BO might do for us PCOS sufferers. I've been considering trying it lately (since PM made my period a month late but still gave me period symptoms the entire time). Let us know how it goes!

I've also read that progesterone is what your body produces to get your breasts to stage 5, so maybe that's something to look into, even low-dose? I've been on NBE for a year now and my areolas are still pretty puffy at times, and I think a lack of progesterone in my program may be the culprit. Progesterone also helps round out the shape of the breasts. I believe I have some progesterone in my body, and just not enough to complete the growth cycle, because my breasts are very round, they just lack some of the fullness of the stage 5 breasts.

The only concern I would have as a pcos sufferer is what my body would be doing with the estrogen and the trace amounts of testosterone in it. We don't know which bottle has more of this or that hormone since they are harvested from mammals. Its not like they go to a lab and are created in mg content per each hormone and enzymes etc. It causes acne as it is in normal females and I know its because the system does what it will with it converting it to god knows what, but other than that, I think it can be very helpful once the body adjusts.

Sorry it's been so long! Just wanted to add a quick update.

I actually saved up some money and bought a Noogleberry system. I really like it but I keep forgetting to use it! Just me being ditzy ha.
As far as the BO, I went off it for a month or two, simply due to college stress and relationship stress and not wanting to choke down more pills than I already have to. So yeah, no progress to report as of yet. However I am getting back on schedule. I've noticed that my hormones seem to be shifting in the right direction (mostly indicated by me growing thighs...hooray? I guess?) so maybe the BO will be more of an effect now! Who knows?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon