Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Does anyone have a domestic US source for pig placenta?

I still want to try to get most of my supplements domestically, if I can.
I've had no luck finding a US supplier.

What are the most trusted sources of glandulars in the US, other than BO?
How do you determine the quality? In other words, what is considered to be the gold standard for processing? What about product testing etc? I'm so confused.

I saw a pituitary glandular on swanson.

Hmmm...they don't sell pig placenta, and neither does any other US company, at least as far as I can tell. I wonder why not. Maybe there's just no market for porcine glandulars in the US.

I need to make a decision soon because my pig placenta is almost finished. I dragged my feet and now I don't even have time to wait for the Maruman to arrive even if I do order it. I might still order it in the future, but for now I need something to bridge the gap. I don't know if I should just get lamb placenta, or if I should try a low dose of bovine ovary.

I've ordered plenty of other things from over seas, not just supplements. Lately customs has been holding on to my packages for longer and longer amounts of time. Maybe it's a coincidence, but I wonder if I've been blacklisted for importing such a large number of supplements from other countires over the the last year. Does US customs even work that way? I'm tired of playing russian roulette with the delivery times. One package I bought recently was held at customs for 2 months. I have no idea why.

Just came across this thread when I am now in that situation, Mocha. I am tired of purchasing from overseas and they are all a rip-off. I just cannot financially rationalize it, especially when considering that pig placenta is not the only thing I am taking for my program. So, I am considering BO now to substitute my pig placenta in my program. Fingers crossed that I will not experience any negative side effects. But I have to also ask here: How come it seems that BO is often taken by itself and pig placenta is taken along with other things? I have yet to come across someone who was just taking pig placenta for their bust increase. I have gotten this notion, whether it is true or not, that BO is stronger/more potent than pig placenta. Is this true? I know this question is rather a shot in the dark as we really do not know much about the glandular therapies in general, but I am wondering if I am alone in this perceived notion.

Thanks in advance for your input! This question is open to anyone to answer.

my guess is because bo contains more than progesterone growth factors(which seems to be the role of placenta), but testosterone, and estrogen . So yeah, id say much stronger than placenta.
Maybe sub PC for placenta?
(24-08-2013, 06:25 PM)timarie Wrote:  Just came across this thread when I am now in that situation, Mocha. I am tired of purchasing from overseas and they are all a rip-off. I just cannot financially rationalize it, especially when considering that pig placenta is not the only thing I am taking for my program. So, I am considering BO now to substitute my pig placenta in my program. Fingers crossed that I will not experience any negative side effects. But I have to also ask here: How come it seems that BO is often taken by itself and pig placenta is taken along with other things? I have yet to come across someone who was just taking pig placenta for their bust increase. I have gotten this notion, whether it is true or not, that BO is stronger/more potent than pig placenta. Is this true? I know this question is rather a shot in the dark as we really do not know much about the glandular therapies in general, but I am wondering if I am alone in this perceived notion.

Thanks in advance for your input! This question is open to anyone to answer.

(24-08-2013, 06:49 PM)tibetan113 Wrote:  my guess is because bo contains more than progesterone growth factors(which seems to be the role of placenta), but testosterone, and estrogen . So yeah, id say much stronger than placenta.

Thanks a lot for your response, Tibetan. I take a little Vitex and Red Clover during my Luteal Phase for my progesterone and a multi-herb with Fenugreek for estrogen and yet still more progesterone and PM during my Follicular Phase for estrogen... but I was taking the pig placenta mainly as an over-all glandular therapy. I was under the impression that all glandular therapies worked on the ovaries to increase over-all hormone increase (which is what I thought made them glandular therapies) and therefore pig placenta also increases estrogen and testosterone as well as progesterone (so I thought??). Is this not true? I was just wondering if the cow placenta was for some reason stronger. Maybe there is just more packed in a daily dose? I am clueless but I was prettttttttty sure that all glandular therapies DO the same with encouraging the ovaries to increase all hormones, but to different degrees it appears. Maybe I'm wrong. Now I'm just flat-out confused, lol.

.... or is my misunderstanding all this time that bovine ovary is not exactly the same as pig placenta (besides the obvious fact that they are from different animals) because one is the ovary and one is the placenta? That seems pretty obvious too, but I read somewhere that bovine ovary is another name for cow placenta. Will the ovary and the placenta play significantly different roles as glandular therapies?? My question for the day.

(24-08-2013, 09:07 PM)timarie Wrote:  
(24-08-2013, 06:49 PM)tibetan113 Wrote:  my guess is because bo contains more than progesterone growth factors(which seems to be the role of placenta), but testosterone, and estrogen . So yeah, id say much stronger than placenta.

Thanks a lot for your response, Tibetan. I take a little Vitex and Red Clover during my Luteal Phase for my progesterone and a multi-herb with Fenugreek for estrogen and yet still more progesterone and PM during my Follicular Phase for estrogen... but I was taking the pig placenta mainly as an over-all glandular therapy. I was under the impression that all glandular therapies worked on the ovaries to increase over-all hormone increase (which is what I thought made them glandular therapies) and therefore pig placenta also increases estrogen and testosterone as well as progesterone (so I thought??). Is this not true? I was just wondering if the cow placenta was for some reason stronger. Maybe there is just more packed in a daily dose? I am clueless but I was prettttttttty sure that all glandular therapies DO the same with encouraging the ovaries to increase all hormones, but to different degrees it appears. Maybe I'm wrong. Now I'm just flat-out confused, lol.

.... or is my misunderstanding all this time that bovine ovary is not exactly the same as pig placenta (besides the obvious fact that they are from different animals) because one is the ovary and one is the placenta? That seems pretty obvious too, but I read somewhere that bovine ovary is another name for cow placenta. Will the ovary and the placenta play significantly different roles as glandular therapies?? My question for the day.

It should NOT be! Placenta and ovaries are two different things! I dont know about plancenta and the other hormones but I know the growth factors and progesterone are the main thing. It could have trace amounts of other hormones, I have not researched this in depth so I have no idea!

Wish I knew. I ran out of placenta long ago! I wanted some. Here is what I used based on reasonable pricing:http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/ehj/item/4322/

Id say ust suck it up and use rakuten. I hadn't had a problem. I dont know how it compares to Marumen brand, but it seems like a decent brand.

(24-08-2013, 09:56 PM)tibetan113 Wrote:  It should NOT be! Placenta and ovaries are two different things! I dont know about plancenta and the other hormones but I know the growth factors and progesterone are the main thing. It could have trace amounts of other hormones, I have not researched this in depth so I have no idea!

Wish I knew. I ran out of placenta long ago! I wanted some. Here is what I used based on reasonable pricing:http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/ehj/item/4322/

Id say ust suck it up and use rakuten. I hadn't had a problem. I dont know how it compares to Marumen brand, but it seems like a decent brand.

Thank you! This helps. So much contradicting information out there.

I have actually never seen that brand of pig placenta before. I stopped using Maruman because the bottles they sold would expire the following month, so I could only buy a bottle per month. Plus, the jellies were cheaper. But now I am trying to buy the jellies and asked them to apply the discount advertized online (where they say if you spend more than 10,000 yen you can get 2,000 yen off your international shipping price). They told me they could not honor it without any reason. Really pissed me off. I'm just done with their shady bs. But I don't know if that is just the fault of the individual seller, or if it is a flaw across Rakuten in general. I would be willing to give something else a shot on Rakuten but if they turn down the discount also, I am no longer purchasing from them. They don't honor their word on things and it really bothers me.

Thanks for posting this brand. I have not seen this one before. I see it has a better expiration date than what Maruman used to have (also now seeing that Maruman's expiration date has extended significantly) so at least I can buy it in bulk, so thanks Smile However, it looks as though one would need to double the dose of this brand to be comparable to the miligrams of pig placenta in the Maruman daily dose. One day of K Rise (2 capcules) = 270mg while one day of Maruman (4 capsules) = 500mg. I really want to know how many miligrams of pig placenta we should be consuming in a day to get what we're looking for, as it seems as though no product line can agree on how much their consumer should be consuming in a day. The jellies have about 2,130mg in each little pack. Have you ever been able to make sense of this, Tibetan?

Interesting...

Well, you can amazon.jp maybe they have better expiration dates. Id do two in follicular and four in luteal. I took along with nu health's sheep placenta to make up the difference. Either way, you cant go wrong. Good luck with that.

(24-08-2013, 10:29 PM)timarie Wrote:  
(24-08-2013, 09:56 PM)tibetan113 Wrote:  It should NOT be! Placenta and ovaries are two different things! I dont know about plancenta and the other hormones but I know the growth factors and progesterone are the main thing. It could have trace amounts of other hormones, I have not researched this in depth so I have no idea!

Thank you! This helps. So much contradicting information out there.

I have actually never seen that brand of pig placenta before. I stopped using Maruman because the bottles they sold would expire the following month, so I could only buy a bottle per month. Plus, the jellies were cheaper. But now I am trying to buy the jellies and asked them to apply the discount advertized online (where they say if you spend more than 10,000 yen you can get 2,000 yen off your international shipping price). They told me they could not honor it without any reason. Really pissed me off. I'm just done with their shady bs. But I don't know if that is just the fault of the individual seller, or if it is a flaw across Rakuten in general. I would be willing to give something else a shot on Rakuten but if they turn down the discount also, I am no longer purchasing from them. They don't honor their word on things and it really bothers me.

Thanks for posting this brand. I have not seen this one before. I see it has a better expiration date than what Maruman used to have (also now seeing that Maruman's expiration date has extended significantly) so at least I can buy it in bulk, so thanks Smile However, it looks as though one would need to double the dose of this brand to be comparable to the miligrams of pig placenta in the Maruman daily dose. One day of K Rise (2 capcules) = 270mg while one day of Maruman (4 capsules) = 500mg. I really want to know how many miligrams of pig placenta we should be consuming in a day to get what we're looking for, as it seems as though no product line can agree on how much their consumer should be consuming in a day. The jellies have about 2,130mg in each little pack. Have you ever been able to make sense of this, Tibetan?

Thanks! Looks like I just have more thinking and researching to do. ... at the cost of going without for some time. Dodgy

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon