Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Tired of being skinny

(27-02-2013, 01:36 AM)rubric Wrote:  Ushername, have you ever checked if you have hormonal imbalance too? I'm waiting for my blood test results. I read conflicting info about maca, some call it an adaptogen, others say it's more for those with estrogen dominance. Did it help you gain in the breasts or butt? How did you take that with PM?

I have never been checked for a hormonal imbalance although I have always suspected I might have one. The problem is I don't have medical insurance or a doctor right now. I would have liked to of gotten a test kit before I started NBE but I'm already too far into it and I'm sure I wouldn't get accurate results. Plus I feel like I'm on the right track anyway with the herbs.
I actually just very recently added the maca to my PM routine so I cant say yet how thats working. I was hesitant to do so because I read not to mix other herbs with PM but apparently maca is the exception. But I can say that the PM alone gave me growth (I went from a AA cup to a full A cup and corrected my tubular breasts) and I'm still growing. I just wanted to throw in the maca and see if that would give me another boost.
Unlike most girls, I don't cycle. I take both my maca and pm twice daily, morning and evening. And i'm on a progesterone-only birth control pill. My cycles are normal and this as worked well for me.
I hope you can achieve your weight goals, I know how difficult and frustrating that can be.

I'm the same way. I'm 5 foot 5 the most I have ever weighed was 105 I'm down to 95 now and down a whole cups size : ( I've had multiple colonoscopies to diagnose crohns. But they come up empty even tho my doctors are certain I have it. Blah anyway I'm trying to gain weight now by diet, exercise, and drinking protein shakes, my personal trainer recommended I drink EAS protein I'm going to pick some up tomorrow. These are not meal substitutes but meant for drinking in between meals. Be carful some of these shakes have so many calories they can actually make you sick causing all sorts of issues including kidney failure. You don't want to be throwing 4 thousand calories into your body out of no where. Best of luck to you! And me!

Thanks, Ushername! I'm glad to hear that you're growing as I intend to start on PM too. Hope my blood test results will come on time, if not I may have to miss this month again. How recently did you add maca and have you noticed anything, apart from those related to NBE?

HeatherBeather, I've seen EAS protein and lots of other proteins online. You're right about meal replacement drinks having too many calories or even with too much sugar. I'm scrutinizing the labels, which is a little challenging as I'm not used to counting calories, etc. I wonder, for the sake of NBE and also because I'm underweight: should I be taking a meal replacement that's higher in fats or proteins? What kind of exercises do you do? Wishing you all the best in weight gain and boobie growth too!

I've been skinny my entire life too. Having lived in Asia for the first 20 years of my life, 4 months after being in the States I gained 8kg. I just ate SO much there. By the end of 4 months I could finish the entire Chinese takeout on my own. I like to cook pasta and eat 6 slices of toast with plenty on butter IN BETWEEN meals. I eat half a rack of ribs for dinner. I eat a medium bag of M&Ms in 3 days, and 3 pints of haagen dazs in a week.

This went on for 4 months and that was how I gained that much weight. So key is calorie intake >> calorie output. Be sure to gain cleaner calories though.

I am so with you guys! Being really skinny almost all my life, and cannot seem to put on weight no matter what I do! And getting tired of defending myself against others! I am drinking protein shakes along with regular meals for more than a month now, but there are no changes. I am looking to see if a doctor will prescribe a blood test to check my hormone levels, which seems to be really hard to get done here! Sad

It's good to hear from skinny and ex-skinny gals! Tongue It's indeed so hard to put on weight, just as most people who are overweight have trouble shedding extra pounds!

Loverstilly, I agree that we should stick to healthier options for gaining weight. I do like fast food and munchies too but all I get from elevated cholestrol and triglyceride levels and a fatty tummy! Blush Glad you could gain weight and hope you're keeping it!

Laika186, we're in the same boat! I'm short and not aneroxic looking (at least my face has quite a bit of fat and isn't bony!) but skinny enough for aquaintances and colleagues to make comments about my weight. Some say they envy me (which I find amusing as I prefer the curvier look), others say can you please eat more! I don't seem to be gaining weight from the high calorie drink either, maybe I should be taking it twice daily! Big Grin

(08-03-2013, 05:37 PM)rubric Wrote:  It's good to hear from skinny and ex-skinny gals! Tongue It's indeed so hard to put on weight, just as most people who are overweight have trouble shedding extra pounds!

Loverstilly, I agree that we should stick to healthier options for gaining weight. I do like fast food and munchies too but all I get from elevated cholestrol and triglyceride levels and a fatty tummy! Blush Glad you could gain weight and hope you're keeping it!

Laika186, we're in the same boat! I'm short and not aneroxic looking (at least my face has quite a bit of fat and isn't bony!) but skinny enough for aquaintances and colleagues to make comments about my weight. Some say they envy me (which I find amusing as I prefer the curvier look), others say can you please eat more! I don't seem to be gaining weight from the high calorie drink either, maybe I should be taking it twice daily! Big Grin
Don't. Know if this will help anyone out but, when I was underweight for the longest time, it was due to my high cortisol levels. When your output is high, you will be skinny and can't gain. once my levels went down, I was able to gain. Butsince I am low. Output, I am with visceral fat. So some of may have hyperadrenia. Get your. Levels. Checked to rule it out. Cortisol panel...

(08-03-2013, 05:37 PM)rubric Wrote:  Laika186, we're in the same boat! I'm short and not aneroxic looking (at least my face has quite a bit of fat and isn't bony!) but skinny enough for aquaintances and colleagues to make comments about my weight. Some say they envy me (which I find amusing as I prefer the curvier look), others say can you please eat more! I don't seem to be gaining weight from the high calorie drink either, maybe I should be taking it twice daily! Big Grin

Hey Rubric! We are indeed in the same boat! My face is plump, but as soon as you look below the neck, the illusion is all gone! Also, I am tall, so that lessens what minimal curves I have even more! Dodgy And I have been drinking the protein shakes for 2 months now, twice daily, and no effect! None whatsoever!!

(08-03-2013, 06:48 PM)tibetan113 Wrote:  Don't. Know if this will help anyone out but, when I was underweight for the longest time, it was due to my high cortisol levels. When your output is high, you will be skinny and can't gain. once my levels went down, I was able to gain. Butsince I am low. Output, I am with visceral fat. So some of may have hyperadrenia. Get your. Levels. Checked to rule it out. Cortisol panel...

It's funny you mention that, because when I did the online hormone tests on Dr. Lee and Dr. Randolf's website, I got a result of High Cortisol levels in the first and tired adrenals due to high stress in the second. That led me to think that it might be better if I got my blood tests done sooner rather than later! All this, even though my Dad is a doctor himself! Dodgy

Good luck, everyone!

Hey Rubric,

I'm not sure if someone hasn't recommended it to you yet but try exercising. If your trying to gain weight and are worried about not eating enough, that will defiantly kick your body into high gear. Just as others have stated, diet is also key with good fats and good proteins that encourage the body to pack on pounds. This will also benefit you in the NBE area as well. Once you've figured a good regiment and a means to gain and keep weight on, doing push up will firm the muscle and tell your body that this area is where the extra nutrients you intake will be needed to be placed.

I'm 5'7 and have always been 110 to 115, my goal weight however was to be 130 so that I could keep up my figure and tone it. But having an active metabolism has always made that hard for me. So, all I can say is if there is a will there is absolutely a way. Just gotta go for it and figure out what will do for you.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon