Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Calling those with androgen dominance

I'm awaiting my blood test results and planning my programme right now. The doctor thinks I may have androgen dominance, and I suspect the same as I've always had greasy skin and acne, and am very underdeveloped you know where.

So, what have you all been taking for androgen dominance? I'm looking at adaptogens and getting a little confused. Although it is said to balance out hormones, I've read that it increases testosterone, which is something I don't need. Vitex is supposed to decrease estrogen effects and an increase of progesterone effects, and is meant for those who are estrogen dominant, but I believe my estrogen levels should be low. Saw Palmato has anti-androgen effects but can cause cellulite, but I already have stretch marks in my rear end, so I'm not keen on that.

Or perhaps I should just forget about androgen dominance as I intend to start on PM?

Spearmint?

Or you -MIGHT- be ok with using a low dose of white peony... which is also used as a tea.

Spearmint works by blocking the receptors for androgens. White peony works by ramping up your aromatase activity, converting more androgens to estrogens.

You want to be very careful especially with white peony, too much and you'll have too little androgens, which is just as bad.

hi

I'm just using spearmint, sp and dq. I like what white peony does but I feel it's too difficult for me to control it-altho I'm sure a cup a day would be fine.

Quote:Spearmint?

Or you -MIGHT- be ok with using a low dose of white peony... which is also used as a tea.

Spearmint works by blocking the receptors for androgens. White peony works by ramping up your aromatase activity, converting more androgens to estrogens.

You want to be very careful especially with white peony, too much and you'll have too little androgens, which is just as bad.

Perhaps if you were drinking white peony tea, you could just take some zinc every third day or so as a safety to be sure your androgen levels don't drop too low, as having a diet that is high in zinc supports the body in increasing androgen hormone. I'd suggest looking into it before deciding to go that way, though.

Or maybe the problem can be solved just by watching your food labels and staying away from things that are high in zinc. Good luck!

Thanks, AbiDrew. I've read that Spearmint is good for controlling acne as well, so I'll do more research about how much to take.

Carolanlorraine, thanks for sharing about the herbs you're using. Have you experienced any growth so far, and any side effects?

Outofstyle, I'll keep in mind about zinc to supplement white peony; I've not come across that information yet.

I'm trying to make my programme as simple as I can get away with, so that it's easier for me to stick to, and also pinpoint any herbs if there are issues. I can barely wait for my blood test results to be ready, but I'm trying to remind myself that more haste is less speed! Tongue

Thank you to everyone who shared, and I'll be glad to read even more experiences! I've been searching the forum but I still learnt some new things just by asking.

Well mine is a story but NBE is definitely by far working the best for me. I've gone from a small B to a medium C. FG I feel the plumpin' effect, SP I've just started on again so I'll let you know-day 2 of cycle at the mo. I'm adding RC to my massage but I don't want it to compete with PM so will only use it with cream.
And yeah tryin' to drink 3 cups of spearmint tea everyday too.
Hope this helps
Ciao for now.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon