Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Cleanses, Losing Fat, While NOT Losing Muscle

(13-03-2013, 03:41 AM)timarie Wrote:  @ Abi-- LOL that is a good plan! I hope it goes well for you and please let us know how-- and if-- it works for you Smile

@ CocoChanel-- That sounds like a good plan for cleansing, for a week, twice a year. Just curious about how you go about the cleanse when you are on it for the week: Do you eat the soup all day long as your only food source for multiple servings, or do you eat the soup just once a day accompanied by other food sources?

Thanks guys!

I eat the soup all day long but I would sometime swap the soup for a salad with a piece of grill chicken. Plus I snack maybe 2-3 times while on the cleanse. I would snack on nuts, apples, pears, orange, berries, carrots, celery, or sugar snaps. Plus I usually start on a weekend because I tend to go more often in the beginning and it would make me gas up too. Sorry kinda gross I know.

OK. But wow did I feel awful this morning. I took it much earlier tonight. Hopefully I don't feel nearly as bad in the morning.

It does seem to be doing something though!

(13-03-2013, 08:35 PM)CocoChanel Wrote:  I eat the soup all day long but I would sometime swap the soup for a salad with a piece of grill chicken. Plus I snack maybe 2-3 times while on the cleanse. I would snack on nuts, apples, pears, orange, berries, carrots, celery, or sugar snaps. Plus I usually start on a weekend because I tend to go more often in the beginning and it would make me gas up too. Sorry kinda gross I know.

Thanks for the helpful, detailed information, CocoChanel! This will make it easy for anyone to be more likely to have success with it as you do. Also, I will be sure to start on the weekend when I get around to trying it, haha. And there is no such thing as "gross" on a thread about cleansing!

(14-03-2013, 04:03 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  OK. But wow did I feel awful this morning. I took it much earlier tonight. Hopefully I don't feel nearly as bad in the morning.

It does seem to be doing something though!

Abi, I know what you mean... I think most of my bodily problems are stress related, too. My body really takes a toll from me and my daily routine and stresses. Otherwise I am very healthy, and VERY regular. But I will tell you I really worked for that, as I used to be anything BUT regular when my stress levels were through the roof. I try to nip things in the butt now before they're a problem Wink

And you felt... awful? How? Please don't say nauseous.... I cannot stand things that make me feel nauseous in the morning, as I often have a tendency to feel that way. Dodgy How did you feel the morning after you took it earlier in the evening? Has your body gotten "used to" it yet? What results have you seen as of yet? I'm looking forward to hearing your updates!!!

(17-03-2013, 01:53 PM)timarie Wrote:  Abi, I know what you mean... I think most of my bodily problems are stress related, too. My body really takes a toll from me and my daily routine and stresses. Otherwise I am very healthy, and VERY regular. But I will tell you I really worked for that, as I used to be anything BUT regular when my stress levels were through the roof. I try to nip things in the butt now before they're a problem Wink

And you felt... awful? How? Please don't say nauseous.... I cannot stand things that make me feel nauseous in the morning, as I often have a tendency to feel that way. Dodgy How did you feel the morning after you took it earlier in the evening? Has your body gotten "used to" it yet? What results have you seen as of yet? I'm looking forward to hearing your updates!!!

A little bit of nausea, yes, but mostly just really REALLY bad cramping. Mostly abdominal, but also pelvic. And being genetically male I've NEVER experienced that before! And being genetically male it couldn't really have been anything but a side-effect of the cleanse.

I don't think timing has a whole lot to do with it, really... It was just a first few days thing that I had to get past.

I'm no longer experiencing any ill side-effects and have actually gone up to two doses of two tablespoons (coffee scoop) each, one in the morning, and one at night.

One of the first things I noticed was my big-arse veins went down in size. Also my abdominal area, stomach and sides, are getting tucked in quite impressively. I'd guess the reason I was no longer losing any more of that mess was because it was some sort of toxic build-up mostly.

Considering how I used to live (or not live, truly) that doesn't surprise me in the least.

I've also noticed a very RAPID change in my tastes in food. I was already moving away from sweets, mostly by force of will, but suddenly, I couldn't even STAND overly sweet things anymore. It's like whatever it was that was making me crave sweets is now pretty well gone.

Lemme tell you, that was a surprise.

We'll see if this lack of craving sweets holds up come next end-of-cycle... I've been downing entire gallon buckets of Ice Cream every time one of those rolls around. No, not in a single sitting. But within the week period of my hormones being so low...

Also, I used to quite enjoy the combination of Ace-K and aspartame for artificial sweetening to replace sugar with... but now my body is actually rejecting it almost. I've been drinking flavored water with it for years, and I've been slowly weening myself from it, and was down to doubling the water for a packet, now I'm quadding it and adding natural lemon juice and STILL finding it somewhat repellant.

Lemonade as sold in restaurants is too sweet by far anymore. And that's what I HAVE been drinking in restaurants because my body already started screaming at me to lose the pop ages ago!

So yeah. I'm definitely pleasantly surprised.

(17-03-2013, 02:47 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  A little bit of nausea, yes, but mostly just really REALLY bad cramping. Mostly abdominal, but also pelvic. And being genetically male I've NEVER experienced that before! And being genetically male it couldn't really have been anything but a side-effect of the cleanse.

I don't think timing has a whole lot to do with it, really... It was just a first few days thing that I had to get past.

I'm no longer experiencing any ill side-effects and have actually gone up to two doses of two tablespoons (coffee scoop) each, one in the morning, and one at night.

One of the first things I noticed was my big-arse veins went down in size. Also my abdominal area, stomach and sides, are getting tucked in quite impressively. I'd guess the reason I was no longer losing any more of that mess was because it was some sort of toxic build-up mostly.

Considering how I used to live (or not live, truly) that doesn't surprise me in the least.

I've also noticed a very RAPID change in my tastes in food. I was already moving away from sweets, mostly by force of will, but suddenly, I couldn't even STAND overly sweet things anymore. It's like whatever it was that was making me crave sweets is now pretty well gone.

Lemme tell you, that was a surprise.

We'll see if this lack of craving sweets holds up come next end-of-cycle... I've been downing entire gallon buckets of Ice Cream every time one of those rolls around. No, not in a single sitting. But within the week period of my hormones being so low...

Also, I used to quite enjoy the combination of Ace-K and aspartame for artificial sweetening to replace sugar with... but now my body is actually rejecting it almost. I've been drinking flavored water with it for years, and I've been slowly weening myself from it, and was down to doubling the water for a packet, now I'm quadding it and adding natural lemon juice and STILL finding it somewhat repellant.

Lemonade as sold in restaurants is too sweet by far anymore. And that's what I HAVE been drinking in restaurants because my body already started screaming at me to lose the pop ages ago!

So yeah. I'm definitely pleasantly surprised.

Um, WOW Abi, that sounds pretty... amazing! Sounds like a bulldozer went through your intestinal track! And to be relieved of natural cravings for sweets is so liberating, isn't it? It makes healthy eating SO much easier!

And sorry about the cramping Sad Abdominal cramping is a bitch. But for sure that means it is doing something drastic down there! And glad that it was short-lived. I am really considering this now, it sounds fantastic.

Sounds like you are getting some really nice side effects from this parasite cleanse! Although I have a suspicion that some of my stomach is a little extra fat, I also think a good portion of it is my full intestines Tongue So hopefully I will be able to experience your tummy-tucking effect, too! And veins, mine on my hands are pretty obnoxious Dodgy I never would have guessed that to be a benefit of a cleanse. But it makes sense, and sounds good!

For how long do you plan on taking DE? Or is it something recommended to stay on on a regular basis? I am dying to know how you fare towards the end of your cycle, if you and your ice cream will still have your rendezvous... Wink

(20-03-2013, 04:35 PM)timarie Wrote:  if you and your ice cream will still have your rendezvous... Wink

I had conveniently acquired a nice big stash of chocolate instead... Ordinarily I think my ice cream would still have had its rendezvous... Darn easter Wink

So nope. Does nothing for hormonal related cravings. Didn't expect it to.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon