Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

So upset is there something wrong with me?

Hello gang,

I am very stressed out. I bought a NB and after almost 2 months of dramas getting the domes sorted out, to and fro and extra postage, I got the right domes-mediums.

But no matter what I do they don't get suction. I have tried oil, cream, foam strip, white tac. But still nothing works.

BF says I need some tissue on my chest wall to grip but I am boney. There is no gap at all between the domes when I place them both on. I had to press very hard whilst BF pumped, and then nothing.

How does this contraption work? I am not tiny but I am not wide chested at all so I can't be the only person having this issue. I had a really long cry about it because I was placing all my hopes on this. And I know I sound like an idiot but I don't care as I am so miserable about it.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks for listening

Kins

You could try pumping one breast at a time while lying on your side. I have to do that with the large domes.

(11-03-2013, 10:08 PM)Cat86 Wrote:  You could try pumping one breast at a time while lying on your side. I have to do that with the large domes.

Yeah i had this trouble in the beginning. Use a bobble/hair band or clip of some sort, bend the tubing and use one of these to hold it in place. Pump up one breast at a time. When you've got some decent swelling repeat the above but put both cups on one at a time and pump both. I know how frustrating it is in the beginning. I still find it tricky to keep suction sometimes.

Thanks for your suggestion Cat86. I tried one at once it doesn't work, but lying on the side almost got a seal on one boob. I get the feeling I might have to send these back.

Hello:

I had previously ordered a Med cup, it did not work for people so boney like us. You can go to Amazon and order a smaller size (cheaper- I ordered a small size for 8 dollars, made in China ofcourse).

BTW, 8 yrs ago, I tried this suction stuff after I saw on ABC news, however, the given dome was too huge. I used twice and quit.

-Victoria

It might be an idea to get cheaper domes but I don't want them to cave in!

Hi Babakins, have you tried what I recently posted about steaming the cups in boiling water for a few mins first? Also I massage and heat my breasts first with seed fillers I pulled out of cosy socks, you put them in microwave, won't be more than $4, euro6 depending where you are. Some suggest heating with warm towel first - free. Also bending over into the cups help. Don't give up, there are loads of tips on this lovely forum. Oh and hon - water water water - so many times when I couldn't get suction after trying so many tips I downed a pint of water in frustration from tips I read here and bingo from no suction at all to thank goodnes I got these suckers on!

I'm wondering if there's something wrong with your hand pump. Maybe it's not sucking because of some mechanical defect. You could try putting a dome on your tummy and see if you can get some suction there where it's all soft tissue and no bones. Another option would be to put the dome in a pan with a little water in the bottom. When you pump you should see the water rise inside the dome if your hand pump is working correctly.

It could be many things, defective hand pump (happens), crack in the dome, hole in the tubing, etc. etc. To test it, try pumping on your butt or tummy like doodlebug suggested. If you don't get suction, detach the pump, put the dome on your tummy, suck the air out with your mouth on the tubing, if you still don't get suction, check the dome and the tubing for cracks or holes.

Aaaaw you guys are so lovely. Thanks for the advice I will try the water and heating the domes. I am just bloody boney. I tried the suction and it works, it's just the shape of my ribcage and how the domes are gappy at the sides.

I might see if the foam rings from NB will work one at a time. I had just thought as noogling is so time consuming that I might be able to do both at once, but no chance of that.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon