Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

timarie's must-increase-my-bust program

Oh wait, you're right. IF competely accurate, her estradiol and progesterone would be EXTREMELY low.

As for T... It's actually not identical. Yours was given in per milliliter, while hers was in per deciliter. Quickly converting hers to milliliter and she's got 39 NG/mL.

But with the day thing to note... She could very well be just a little low like I originally misinterpreted. Sorry!

Still, recommendations the same. Boost P and E, leave the rest of it alone. T is "slightly" upper range, but that could partly be due to timing. IF it was the last day of the previous cycle, T would still be slightly elevated. Even so... Raising E and P should naturally decrease T a little bit without the need for additional anti-androgens. IMO, anti-androgens should only really be used if your measurements aren't even in range but waaaay high.

Hi Abi and Timarie,

Thanks! That definitely shed some light!

Hrrm, I don't have PM nor PC. PC isnt sold in my country, but at least we have lots of fenugreek and fennel!

Currently her program is:
Throughtout her phase
Massage
Multivits(B-complex,B6,B12,folic acid, CDE, zinc iron)
Saw Palmetto(anti-androgen) (450mg)
Evening Primrose oil
1 Tablespoon Fennel/Jintan Manis

Luteal Phase(Day17-23)
1 Tablespoon fenugreek

Since Abi said she shouldnt take anti-androgen, maybe i should drop saw palmetto off her programme.

Abi, do you have any advice on how to consume herbs?
As in, take them as tea? or just drink the powder directly?
How many times a day? Can she just take the daily dosage in one go?

And Thank you for all your advice! Smile

(09-04-2013, 05:56 AM)milkyboon Wrote:  Abi, do you have any advice on how to consume herbs?
As in, take them as tea? or just drink the powder directly?
How many times a day? Can she just take the daily dosage in one go?

And Thank you for all your advice! Smile

It depends on the herb. I basically just take everything as capsules/tablets... It's easy that way if you can get them that way. As for scheduling... That's not really a simple answer. Though mostly yes.

Hrrm, the one that we bought was pure powder form. It's for cooking purposes.

The first thing I had to tackle is the dosage since its not in capsules. I heard 1000mg is just 1/5 teaspoon. If people take 3 times daily, that would make 3000mg, which is still very little.

Ahh, another question! Do I have to cycle fenugreek?

*P/S : Me and her found out her breast lost its growth during her follicular phase. It was much fuller during the luteal phase tho.

Update

So within the past couple of days, I have noticed my skin is soooo much softer. I noticed this a couple nights ago while doing my massage. I have also noticed it while walking around, feeling my elbows. No matter how much I lotion my elbows, they have never been THIS soft! It is pretty incredible. Additionally, the wounds on my hands (that I receive regularly from work) are healing up much faster than usual. Go, collagen, go!

I began my Luteal Phase of my program today, as today marks the 14th day of this first full cycle of my program. Therefore, I stopped the PM (until the next Follicular Phase) and am taking three Beauti-full capsules, two Red Clover capsules, and one Vitex capsule a day instead. I am replacing the PM morning spray with PM morning cream.

(07-04-2013, 09:53 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  As for T... It's actually not identical. Yours was given in per milliliter, while hers was in per deciliter. Quickly converting hers to milliliter and she's got 39 NG/mL.

Nice catch. Don't know how I missed that!

(09-04-2013, 10:57 AM)milkyboon Wrote:  Ahh, another question! Do I have to cycle fenugreek?

*P/S : Me and her found out her breast lost its growth during her follicular phase. It was much fuller during the luteal phase tho.

That happens, and is to be expected. It is called Luteal swelling. And as for cycling fenugreek, I have never heard of anyone doing that, so I think you can go ahead and let her take it all month long.

(19-03-2013, 04:50 AM)timarie Wrote:  [quote='Lilylittle' pid='70960' dateline='1363642441']

Lilylittle-- I am taking Saw Palmetto and Pueraria Mirifica, both of which increase estrogen (which often results in thicker head hair), and Saw Palmetto--like any anti-androgen--inhibits your testosterone, which causes acne and hair on the body. Your head hair falling out may be a result of too much testosterone, as well as unwanted body hair growth.

I hope that helps! You can check this out if you'd like to know more about collagen: http://www.thedoctorwithin.com/collagen/collagen/

Thx tamarie,

I just checked the link u gave me. The article says that while on hydralize collagen u can't take protein powder . Which for me would be a concern as if I'm going to start BO which is going to be shipped to me any day now n I need to take protein powder with that which means I can't take collagen with that

Thx tamarie,

I just checked the link u gave me abt collagen The article says that while on hydralize collagen u can't take protein powder . Which for me would be a concern as if I'm going to start BO which is going to be shipped to me any day now n I need to take protein powder with that which means I can't take collagen with that

(15-04-2013, 09:05 PM)Lilylittle Wrote:  Thx tamarie,

I just checked the link u gave me abt collagen The article says that while on hydralize collagen u can't take protein powder . Which for me would be a concern as if I'm going to start BO which is going to be shipped to me any day now n I need to take protein powder with that which means I can't take collagen with that

Lilylittle, I understand your concern, but the good news to this is that it is a little more complicated than just not taking it with protein powder altogether. I think that website was offering a 60-day collagen recommendation program, to function kind of like a cleanse in the sense that they do not want you taking any other proteins, so to let the collagen perform entirely on its own for a limited period of time (and please note that anything meant to do within a limited period of time, is never a healthy regimen to keep ALL the time.... hence why it is only for the 60 days! Very comparable to cleanses, which are usually not a good idea to continue for every day throughout the year). The reason they are recommending this program is based off of the fact that the body can only absorb a certain amount of protein within a certain period of time, and the rest will go to waste, literally. Since collagen is a form of protein, the body will have to get rid of some of the protein if you overload (be it of collagen protein or other protein powders such as whey, soy, casein, rice, egg, etc. etc.). This would happen even if you took too much collagen protein at a time (which is kind of hard to do, btw, since for example I am taking a relatively generous dose of hydrolyzed collagen of 3,000mg, which is only 3 grams. Your body can absorb at least 20 grams of protein every two hours). So the idea of taking only collagen protein during these 60 days was in hopes that you would not risk having a situation in which your body kept the "other" protein while tossing away the collagen protein.

So, what you can learn from this is don't take it ALONGSIDE your protein drink, or any protein for that matter. Take it maybe two hours before eating protein, or two hours after eating protein. Ok? Here is a website that says how to take collagen (on an empty stomach, which is two hours after the last time you eat anything, and a half hour to an hour before you eat anything--but please note that this website is tailored for those who are taking collagen for therapeutic purposes, which is why they take it in larger doses): http://www.livestrong.com/article/391731...pplements/. And here is a website that confirms the need to have other sources of protein (which is why it would never be healthy to stay on a diet of just collagen protein all the time): http://jonathannatural2.hubpages.com/hub...ementation (check down to the 9th question and answer). It is ok today take them within the same day and in the same diet, in fact it is very good to have a healthy balance of different protein sources, but what is meant by not taking them together is: literally not putting them into your stomach to digest at the same time. This rule goes for taking your multiple protein powder drinks as well. Make sure to take them at least two hours apart from each other, or some of the protein will not be used because of the rate at which your digestive system processes it. Depending on how much protein you plan to take in a day, you might want to make sure you workout some, just so that your body does not throw away any of your protein due to lack of need (that is only if you are seriously overloading, which I doubt, since body builders typically consume a gram of protein for every pound that they weigh per day, so only unless you are taking that much protein per day would I tell you that you need to workout). So no worries, girly! You can take both in your diet Smile

Thanks tamarie for a satisfactory reply
. Now I'm looking for a gud collagen. If I find a collagen online how can I find its moleculer weight etc I'm looking for marine collagen as I heard its the best. Is fish n marine collagen is the same? Can u tell me anything about good brands of collagen which I can find in Canada or can get shipped here easily?

Good News, Bad News, Update

So, I have good news and bad news. I will start with the bad.

The bad news is that, although my BBT just rose this morning, somehow I started my period... Huh It would be only my 17th day of this first cycle, and since taking PM I was EXPECTING if anything to have a delayed period, I am assuming that maybe this is just some serious case of spotting. I was at work and the "spotting" was so bad that it went through to my jeans Angry So far, none of it is red yet and I have not had any cramping (which I ALWAYS get on the first and second days of my menstruation), so given those two bits of information and my BBT, I am going to assume it is only spotting. Fingers are crossed that it doesn't turn red! Lesson learned today: always keep my Diva Cup in my handbag while taking extra hormones, even when I am not expecting my menses...Dodgy

The good news is that I ordered a Bradelis bra the other day due to a 10% off and free shipping sale they are having, and it just arrived today!! That made my day a little better. This is the one that I bought:

I tried it on, just because I have not had any access to 32C bras except for the small-running Maidenform bra, just to see how much more I needed to grow before I hit the 32C mark officially and WHAT??? Um, I completely fill it, even more than the Maidenform bra. I guess I should start wearing it now!! But I wanted to ask a question to anyone who feels pretty knowledgeable with what bra brands have reliable sizing (Tibetan? anyone?): is Bradelis a make with a reliable bra size, or do they run small? Now unfortunately, I bought a step II bra in a C cup also, because I assumed that I would not be fitting (let alone filling) the C cup presently, so I knew that after finally getting around to fitting the C (whenever that would be), I would probably still not be large enough to fit a D even after the three months of wearing the step I bra (duh, unless I was super lucky to grow a cup size in three months!), but now I am wondering if I should return the step II bra because I completely fill it now Dodgy I guess I will just wait another two and a half months to see if I made any more growing progress, and then I will make my decision to return based off of that. Oh, bother. I hope they will have a sale then, too. Though probably not, because this is the first one I've seen since I have been browsing it since December... Yeah, I like my sales!!!!

So tomorrow I will start my Bradelis 3-Step Program!! Big Grin

EDIT: Nevermind, I just realized that Bradelis bras are not made in New York, they are made in Japan... so that answers my question. Yes, Tina Marie, they DO run small, based on what Tibetan said.... *sigh* Back to not knowing my true size again. But why then was Louloute's experience that they run larger than her usual bra brands?

(16-04-2013, 07:20 PM)Lilylittle Wrote:  Thanks tamarie for a satisfactory reply
. Now I'm looking for a gud collagen. If I find a collagen online how can I find its moleculer weight etc I'm looking for marine collagen as I heard its the best. Is fish n marine collagen is the same? Can u tell me anything about good brands of collagen which I can find in Canada or can get shipped here easily?

LOL ok, check out your thread, I posted my response there!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon