Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Anyone on adaptogens

I'm trying to decide whether to take maca or vitex for hormonal imbalance. Are any of you on either herbs and do they help with growth? I've read about weight gain and booty growth from maca but most ladies don't seem to grow in the boobs.

Can you share why you take maca or vitex, for how long, and what were the effects or side effects? TIA.

Hi. I don't know if my answer will help much but I will answer anyways just in case. Please note: I'm also taking Saw Palmetto so all of this may not be a result of just maca.

I'm a 21 year old female. I started taking maca extract (VitaminShoppe brand) only about 5 weeks ago because I suspect that I'm androgen dominant (I'm like 95% sure). The very first pill I took got me sick like massive cramping (not like menstrual cramping, more like exaggerated pre-toilet cramping but I didn't actually use the toilet).
From the second pill to now, I've experienced no more bouts of sickness. I worked my way up to 3 a day. I finished the bottle and purchased the Natrol brand 2 days ago.

Side Effects:

So far, I've had random days where I get extremely hungry but it hasn't happened at all recently so maybe it was an introductory side effect.

My boobs have constantly been sore and extra-extra sore right before my period (before maca, my boobs only got a LITTLE sore the week before my period). As far as growth goes, my boobs have definitely gotten fuller. I'm doubting my measurements because it happened too quickly but it looks like I may have gained about an inch so far.

And my weight hasn't gone up (even though I desperately want it to) and my hips look like it's trying to go up (normally I'm 34in or 34.5 but after 2.5 weeks I saw 35 to 35.5 but I haven't been eating enough lately because of final exams so it went back down).

I also think I feel more focused (diagnosed w/ severe ADD) as I've been able to sit down and do my school work now.

Technically, I'm still "new" to maca so that's all I can tell you about it so far. Hope I helped some.

Thanks, Skinnyminny, for your most helpful reply! I'm also trying to put on weight and it's good to read that you had some gain on the boobs and potentially the hips. I came across a website where several ladies mentioned having cysts and endometriosis after taking maca. I think they may already have them and maca accelerated the growth of those as well. Wishing you all the best for your finals!

Would love to hear from others as well!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon