Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

A more tasty weight gain drink...

A more tasty weight gain drink...
September 27 2009 at 6:16 AM PrincessLyn (Login PrincessLyn)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have taken Russian Bear 5000 in the past. It works, but it isn't very tasty, and after a while I get so tired of drinking it. I get tired of the same routine meals and drinks and would like to add some type of variety. It isnt as chalky tasting as some other drinks, and I would recommend it to others for that reason, but now Im wondering if anyone else knows of some drinks that help to put on weight that have a better taste, or maybe some fruits or something I could add to it...

I have tried it with milk and also with water... and I tasted both Vanilla & Chocolate. Vanilla is better if adding fruits though...

Sooo... any suggestions anyone??

~~Lyn

Author Reply
CelebrityChic
(Login CelebrityChic) a more tasty weight gaining drink. September 27 2009, 6:07 PM

I drink my Russian Bear in Vanilla with Vanilla Silk Soy Milk. It is good. OR you can try Ensure. They taste soooooo goood now. Voted Best Taste by something, it's on their bottle. I love vanilla.

Sailorvenus44
(Login sailorvenus44) Re: A more tasty weight gain drink... September 27 2009, 10:08 PM

Oh my God, Boost is so good. It's made by nestle. It's better than chocolate milk.

I also take Cytogainer but I think it may be on the same level as Russian Bear.

Note to self: I probably shouldn't be taking so many supplements + my multivitamin all in the same day. -__-

PrincessLyn
(Login PrincessLyn) Re: A more tasty weight gain drink... September 27 2009, 11:22 PM

Thank you both...

I'm going to do some research on the two and see the ingredients and all and give it a try.

~~Lyn

emmiedee
(Login anothertry) blend! October 2 2009, 5:14 PM

if you blend frozen fruit with vanilla powder of almost any brand it is so much better... you can buy the fruit in the freezer section at the grocery. i use water, powder, and packaged frozen fruit! plus, it's healthy!

Sailorvenus44
(Login sailorvenus44) Re: A more tasty weight gain drink... October 6 2009, 12:16 AM

Hey, I just wanted to tell you guys that (even though I said I like Cytogainer) I did some research on these supplements as of last week, and they could be dangerous. They contain an ingredient called Creatine, which has caused seizures in HEALTHY people - although there isn't enough testing to see how commonly this has occured. I will post a my own thread in the main forum about this because we need to make sure that these things are safe. I stopped taking Cytogainer this week after I found out about those adverse effects.

PrincessLyn
(Login PrincessLyn) Re: A more tasty weight gain drink... October 6 2009, 9:36 AM

O wow... yeah I heard that wasnt good. My brother wanted to bulk up a bit too, he did his own research years ago and mentioned that to me. Thanks for the info

cupcake25
(Login cupcake25) Re: A more tasty weight gain drink... October 8 2009, 9:57 PM

Hey,

Have been reading this thread with interest as I'm desperate to put on weight. Does anyone know if this Boost drink is available in the UK? I've been googling it but can't find anything. If not, anyone know a British equivalent which is tasty and works?!

Cheers,

cupcake25

emmiedee
(Login anothertry) ensure October 8 2009, 10:12 PM

if you can't find boost, try ensure. i think i saw that last time i was in the uk. check with the aisle with supplements and protein bars and stuff at the supremarkets.

PrincessLyn
(Login PrincessLyn) Re: A more tasty weight gain drink... October 10 2009, 7:22 AM

I just read up on this smoothie recipe... coconut milk is high in calories and bananas are great for gaining weight. Some recipes add pineapple, which I read are high in carbs, This sounds sooo tasty, I wanna try it TOMORROW.

In addition to coconut milk & bananas, I know that these help with weight gain as well, so maybe someone could come up with a recipe:
Almonds, walnuts... and other nuts
Peanut butter
Mangoes
Muskmelons
Oatmeal
Avocados
Chocolate

If you own a juicer, theres also some veggies that you might want to juice to add to your smoothies.
I am definitely going to try the coconut milk recipe though, and I'll probably add some of my weight gain powder to it as well.

~~Lyn

PrincessLyn
(Login PrincessLyn) Re: A more tasty weight gain drink... October 11 2009, 5:14 AM

OK GUYS...

I made that drink today. I used Coconut Milk, Banana, some of my Russian Bear weight gain powder, & a bit of Chocolate syrup for a little more flavor (only a small amount though). This was great. There is no chalky taste from the weight gain powder, the fruit is so tasty, it tastes like a regular shake... but it should help with weight gain. Im definitely going to continue this for a while, but I'll add different fruits from time to time. I bought pineapples, so I guess I'll add those in one of the days. I'll do a strawberry banana one, maybe a pina colada one. I'll try to let you guys know how it goes.

~~Lyn

emmiedee
(Login anothertry) mangos October 11 2009, 3:06 PM

mangos come in the frozen fruit section in a lot of supermarkets... and make DELICIOUS shakes. i will sometimes make a strawberry-mango protein shake. YUM.

peanut butter also goes well with bananas and with strawberrys. or almond butter! then you won't need chocolate either...

annielizstan
(Login annielizstan) Re: A more tasty weight gain drink... March 12 2013, 5:21 AM

Hello,
Take Ccoconut milk, banana.
Regular shake should help weight gain.
Boost is also so good.
You can try it.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon