Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Has anyone tried "It Works" Body wrap??

I found this too Abi...it says overnight.

http://www.ehow.com/how_7867989_wrap-sto...-wrap.html

Oh! OK! So it's just water loss...

Bleh. Thanks for the info anyways. I'll look more into this just in case there's more to it.

And yeah, you're right, I'm not really very big at all. I'm not sure how, but I seem to fluctuate between 29-30 inches waist.

Well. After looking into it as fully as possible, it's definitely purely water loss. Shame. Great for something extremely temporary, but if you're after ANY kind of lasting effects, look elsewhere. This won't ever do anything you won't immediately put right back once you stop doing it and just maintain normal hydration levels.

You'd have to intentionally maintain a dehydrated state to keep the water off. Which wouldn't be good at all.

Yeah that's what the itworks wraps are too (water weight), which is why I think they're ridiculously over-priced. Buttt it does work awesome if you want to look particularly good in a certain tight dress or top :-) And it tightens the skin (permanently I think) which helped after I had my kids.

Do you think if you stayed hydrated the water weight might stay off? You're much more science savvy than me.

My doctor told me to lose my spare baby tire to try popping 2 fish oil pills before each meal? It's going very well for me! That and I replaced my water with that flat belly water recipe, it actually works! I've lost an inch (permanently) off my waist and 2 off my belly :-)

I wish I could stick to a healthy diet. I do try, but I have a major sweet tooth, that gets worse with my cycle Blush

(29-05-2013, 04:53 PM)ariel Wrote:  Yeah that's what the itworks wraps are too (water weight), which is why I think they're ridiculously over-priced. Buttt it does work awesome if you want to look particularly good in a certain tight dress or top :-) And it tightens the skin (permanently I think) which helped after I had my kids.

Oh. Yeah. If all you're after is doing the exact same thing, then deffo go the cheaper route!

(29-05-2013, 04:53 PM)ariel Wrote:  Do you think if you stayed hydrated the water weight might stay off? You're much more science savvy than me.

No. Quite the opposite actually. You'd have to intentionally keep yourself DEhydrated in order not to regain your water weight. And it really wouldn't take long at ALL to regain it.

(29-05-2013, 04:53 PM)ariel Wrote:  My doctor told me to lose my spare baby tire to try popping 2 fish oil pills before each meal? It's going very well for me! That and I replaced my water with that flat belly water recipe, it actually works! I've lost an inch (permanently) off my waist and 2 off my belly :-)

That's interesting. I'm already using similar supplements and they aren't doing a thing for me as regards to my pudge. They're helping with other things though, so, whatever.

(29-05-2013, 04:53 PM)ariel Wrote:  I wish I could stick to a healthy diet. I do try, but I have a major sweet tooth, that gets worse with my cycle Blush

Ugh. I know about that all too well! I find if I just don't put myself in temptations way it's a little easier... Still real danged hard. But yeah...

I'm looking at Forskolin based topicals... Trying to find something not toooooo expensive. Best I've found so far is $40 for 6 ounces gel... Sad

I've never really understood the whole drink more water to lower your water weight. Honestly I don't really understand water weight period.
If you're already taking similar supplements maybe try taking them right before meals (well 30 minutes before) and see if it does anything? Unless you already take you supplements before meals lol

I'm not sure what forskolin is? Can a topical cream really make you lose fat? I've used cellulite creams that work I wonder if they would do anything belly fat wise...

I tried the "it works" on my stomach. I lost bloating and only 3/8 of an inch. I only did one. Basically it gave me a jump start.

Interesting, it's a shame it's only water weight Sad I'm not very big at all but I do gain weight primary in my stomach and no where else. I also find I'm very square in that area. Do you think of instead of losing weight the squeem or corset would make my body look more of the hour glass shape permanently?

I know the whole diet thing is hard, i just have to many pasta and sweets cravings. I was going to try Paleo but i just couldn't give up pasta Sad I thinking may try again though. I have two friends that swear by it, one went from a size 10 to a size 3 in a year and the other was a size 11 to a size seven in six months. Both did really strict Paleo though.

I also suggest to check out the Ashy Bines Bikini Body challenge, she has a facebook page, and it seems to be getting a lot of good testimonials and a lot of support without such as restricting diets. Anyways check it out and let me know what you think Smile

&& wow well seems like a good start tiny tots! Can you keep me posted and let me know if it seems to be lasting?

(29-05-2013, 06:33 PM)ariel Wrote:  I've never really understood the whole drink more water to lower your water weight. Honestly I don't really understand water weight period.
If you're already taking similar supplements maybe try taking them right before meals (well 30 minutes before) and see if it does anything? Unless you already take you supplements before meals lol

I'm not sure what forskolin is? Can a topical cream really make you lose fat? I've used cellulite creams that work I wonder if they would do anything belly fat wise...

I have to take with meals. Well. I don't have to take ALL of them with meals, but I do have to take one with meals or very very bad side effects WILL occur. And that one is a twice a day. So I really only have one dosing time a day that I don't need to take with a meal.

But calling anything I eat a "meal" is a bit much. LOL. I'm a snacker. A Bagel here, a cup of yoghurt there, popcorn roundabout here... and chicken breast for dinner lol. No fixings. Just straight up broiled chicken breast.

I eat small... very VERY lean. As long as I keep out of temptations reach.

As for Forskolin, it's the primary active of Coleus Forskholii, a Chinese ayurvedic herb which is known for actually getting real results for burning fat without heavy exercise. With lots of real hard science to back it up. Especially when combined with a few other chemicals, as a topical preparation, it has been proven effective at eliminating fat rolls in "problem areas" without reducing overall fat elsewhere.

It can also be taken systemically, with similar, though more global, results, along with other benefits.

I might end up adding it systemically... so far it looks cheapest that way... And I don't REALLY want "fat boob" anyways. I want real lean breast tissue development first and foremost. I can always put the boob fat on later once I get the rest of my body trim.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon