Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Anything to help Varicose veins?

So since I had my kids I've been getting these little varicose veins Dodgy

Anybody know any secrets to help get rid of them? Or just diminish their appearance?

Thanks all Smile

A few hundred mg bioflavanoids found in whole raw oranges and most other fruit.

It can also be a sign of high estrogen, especially since it happened after pregnancy. But estrogen merely increases the stress against them while bioflavanoids makes them stronger. So the main thing is to get bioflavanoids.

(11-06-2013, 04:49 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  A few hundred mg bioflavanoids found in whole raw oranges and most other fruit.

It can also be a sign of high estrogen, especially since it happened after pregnancy. But estrogen merely increases the stress against them while bioflavanoids makes them stronger. So the main thing is to get bioflavanoids.

So, from the way you make it sound, bioflavanoids help PREVENT varicose veins. In making them stronger, does it decrease their size?

I do not have varicose veins, but I have spider veins heavily in one spot on the outsides of my thighs. I believe that is stress related too, but I cannot help being on my feet so much Tongue I am hoping that my daily MSM will help with the blood circulation in my legs, and I have Vitamin K that I am hoping will help. I think that almost the same treatments apply to spider veins as do to vericose veins, so you may want to try Vitamin K lotion (I bought from the Vitamin Shoppe) and MSM with me, Ariel!

Yeah bioflavanoids should help with spider veins too. Whether for prevention or healing. The appearance of the veins come from broken valves and backwards flow of blue blood. Stronger veins and their valves won't leak. And then you don't see the veins so much anymore even though they're still there. It's not really the size of the veins it's the leakiness.

(12-06-2013, 07:06 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  Yeah bioflavanoids should help with spider veins too. Whether for prevention or healing. The appearance of the veins come from broken valves and backwards flow of blue blood. Stronger veins and their valves won't leak. And then you don't see the veins so much anymore even though they're still there. It's not really the size of the veins it's the leakiness.

Wow thanks a lot for the information, surferjoe!

No one has yet mentioned horse chestnut, which has done wonders for me. I had quite bad CVI (chronic venous insufficiency) and my lower legs and feet were in a bad state. Pressure socks helped but horse chestnut actually seems to strengthen the veins and reduce their porosity, as well as acting on my toes where the socks were ineffective. It is recommended for varicose veins and the like, and also at least helps with hemorrhoids.

I almost did, but I forgot. It does help, but it does it by constricting the veins which reduces some of the pressure on them. It's confusing because I said the size of the veins isn't what makes them show up. And it doesn't directly, but it could increase the pressure on them. I still think it's better to strengthen the veins than to reduce pressure. I would guess that smaller veins would mean less blood flow too, though still better than losing flow to leaks. But horse chestnut does work for most anyone.

Good veins are also important to stroke prevention to stop leaks. And to heart disease prevention because platelet patches on leaks lead to clogs.

Vitamin C and MSM are also related to vein strength.

I take Doctors Best Diosvein supplements. They contain bioflavonoids. I swear by them- my spider veins are 40% better - it took about 3 months though. Also horse chestnut extract/butchers broom are good.

Thank you for all the responses! I'm already taking msm as part of my breast plan but I could add the lotion timarie!

I wanted to do horse chestnut, but I heard it can have bad side effects Huh Headaches in particular.

I'll do some research on the Doctors Best Diosvein Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon