Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Dips in Hips

(28-07-2013, 03:32 PM)smiillee Wrote:  if I need to grow muscle I will need some sort of protein increase I guess.

If you want to build muscle, you will need to consume at least as many grams of protein a day as you weigh Wink So if that is more than what you currently consume, then yes, you will need some sort of protein definitely.

Haha I've never heard of this being called a hip dip before! I have these, it's normally caused by wearing too tight a trouser on the hips causing weight to be distributed there. It's strange I know! If you do side planks ( you'll have to look it up because it's a bit weird to describe) for about 3 reps of 30 seconds bon both sides, in the evening before bed, and try to avoid wearing tight fitted hipster trousers they should blend out. However small ones are perfectly natural to have.

(20-01-2014, 06:46 AM)batool100 Wrote:  Haha I've never heard of this being called a hip dip before! I have these, it's normally caused by wearing too tight a trouser on the hips causing weight to be distributed there. It's strange I know! If you do side planks ( you'll have to look it up because it's a bit weird to describe) for about 3 reps of 30 seconds bon both sides, in the evening before bed, and try to avoid wearing tight fitted hipster trousers they should blend out. However small ones are perfectly natural to have.

? Are you referring to her slight muffin top? Because "weight being distributed there" is not a hip-dip. A Hip-dip is a depression under the hip bone and above the top of the femur. In other words, it is a depression between the two bones. If anything, a dip-in-hip is caused by weight to be distributed FROM there!

Planks are a static exercise. Static exercises do not build any muscles, they tighten and make muscles more compact. Why are you suggesting she use this? It is not a bad idea for the waist--at all-- I do these for my waist routine actually. But I wouldn't suggest it to get rid of extra fat around the waist such as she has. It is good for tightening waist muscles, NOT burning off fat. And the planks will, again, only tighten the muscles of the outer thigh, since it is a static exercise. In order to build the muscles in that area, she will need to use an exercise involving movement with weight.

As for the tight pants, I am not sure if I can confirm or deny that as being a factor Tongue

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon