Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Nicer skin during and after period?

Hi guys,

So I found out that I'm estrogen dominant. I always thought it's interesting that my skin would feel all smooth and supple toward the end and after my period. As my cycle progresses, it gets progressively worse lol. So toward the end of my cycle, before my period starts, my skin would be at its worst.

Does anyone else experience nice skin during and after your period?

I experience the same thing. My skin is at its worst during the 3rd week of my cycle. It stats to get better before my period, and during and after its very clear and nice. Freaking hormones. Dodgy

(18-06-2013, 09:14 PM)kaitlyn9 Wrote:  I experience the same thing. My skin is at its worst during the 3rd week of my cycle. It stats to get better before my period, and during and after its very clear and nice. Freaking hormones. Dodgy

I know right. It used to confuse me so much.

Since most estrogen dominant women lack progesterone, I think our skin probably gets worse due to a lack of progesterone in the last 2 weeks. Usually, progesterone's supposed to increase at that time, as shown here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Menstr...le2_en.svg

Since estrogen dominant women do not have enough progesterone to balance the estrogen out, we experience all sorts of havoc, including worse skin. I'm going to add progesterone cream to my regime soon. Hopefully my skin will get better along with some boobies growth.

You're spot on dearie! I added progesterone to my regime 2 months ago. But if your taking a photo-estrogen then its best to stop the use until you get your progesterone to proper levels. This month I took out PM and Ive noticed a difference in my skin with just using progesterone and some milk thistle for liver health. Smile

You should look up a method called ovulation suppression since you're estrogen dominate. I made a post a few days ago about it. There's a link that explains it. This is my first month and Ive had some deep aches and swelling.

I'm personally hoping adding Maca will balance out the hormones somewhat.

And completely off topic, but we're more attractive when we're ovulating. Smile

Be careful when adding maca. It can raise testosterone if there's a hormonal imbalance.

(22-06-2013, 08:40 AM)kaitlyn9 Wrote:  You're spot on dearie! I added progesterone to my regime 2 months ago. But if your taking a photo-estrogen then its best to stop the use until you get your progesterone to proper levels. This month I took out PM and Ive noticed a difference in my skin with just using progesterone and some milk thistle for liver health. Smile

You should look up a method called ovulation suppression since you're estrogen dominate. I made a post a few days ago about it. There's a link that explains it. This is my first month and Ive had some deep aches and swelling.

Hey Kaitlyn, so you're off phyto-estrogen completely for this month's follicular phase? I was thinking of just using flaxseed oil as phyto-estrogen now, and balance it off later with progesterone cream in my luteal phase. But now your post makes me wondering if I should just balance my hormone first.

Do you know if suppressing your ovulation is gonna somehow mess up your cycle? I'm afraid of screwing things up and getting early menopause. Part of the reason I'm scared of trying PM.

(28-06-2013, 09:12 AM)TsubakiBlossom Wrote:  I'm personally hoping adding Maca will balance out the hormones somewhat.

And completely off topic, but we're more attractive when we're ovulating. Smile

Lol, I agree. And higher libido as well. Big Grin

(29-06-2013, 06:13 AM)kaitlyn9 Wrote:  Be careful when adding maca. It can raise testosterone if there's a hormonal imbalance.

Yeah, and testoterone can be converted into either estrogen and DHT. I wonder if blocking DHT formation or receptors would cause an increase in estrogen from taking maca? Assuming you already don't have excess estrogen, I think Maca is probably best added in your follicular phase so that it can aid with increasing estrogen. I'm not sure about estrogen dominant gals using it.

Though admittedly, I did tried out Maca for a month last year, and my butts and boobs got slightly bigger. My boyfriend noticed it too. But for some reason, after that 1 month, I didn't see any more growth from taking more maca. Still confuses me to now.

(29-06-2013, 08:00 AM)goosebump Wrote:  
(29-06-2013, 06:13 AM)kaitlyn9 Wrote:  Be careful when adding maca. It can raise testosterone if there's a hormonal imbalance.

Yeah, and testoterone can be converted into either estrogen and DHT. I wonder if blocking DHT formation or receptors would cause an increase in estrogen from taking maca? Assuming you already don't have excess estrogen, I think Maca is probably best added in your follicular phase so that it can aid with increasing estrogen. I'm not sure about estrogen dominant gals using it.

Though admittedly, I did tried out Maca for a month last year, and my butts and boobs got slightly bigger. My boyfriend noticed it too. But for some reason, after that 1 month, I didn't see any more growth from taking more maca. Still confuses me to now.

Just blocking the receptor wouldn't increase estrogen. You'd just have free DHT circulating until your liver metabolized it. I makes more sense to use maca during follicular and ive never heard of anyone using it during luteal. lolz I haven't experimented much with it cause after I started using it my DHT symptoms got worse. Just make sure your estrogen and progesterone are in counterbalance before taking maca. Smile

(29-06-2013, 07:37 AM)goosebump Wrote:  
(22-06-2013, 08:40 AM)kaitlyn9 Wrote:  You're spot on dearie! I added progesterone to my regime 2 months ago. But if your taking a photo-estrogen then its best to stop the use until you get your progesterone to proper levels. This month I took out PM and Ive noticed a difference in my skin with just using progesterone and some milk thistle for liver health. Smile

Hey Kaitlyn, so you're off phyto-estrogen completely for this month's follicular phase? I was thinking of just using flaxseed oil as phyto-estrogen now, and balance it off later with progesterone cream in my luteal phase. But now your post makes me wondering if I should just balance my hormone first.

Do you know if suppressing your ovulation is gonna somehow mess up your cycle? I'm afraid of screwing things up and getting early menopause. Part of the reason I'm scared of trying PM.

Yes, this is the first month I didn't use PM or soy. I used just a little PC every other day during luteal then started using 40 mgs (2 pumps a day) 4 days before my period because I went on vacation and wanted to delay my period. Worked like a charm; my skin was clear and my boobs swelled about an inch. I stopped using it yesterday and the sudden drop in progesterone triggered my period to start.

Ovulation suppression doesn't mess up your cycle; it helps regulate and bring everything into balance. Its used by holistic practitioners and fertility doctors to help treat PCOS and infertility.

Check out a post I did a few weeks ago about it.
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=15586

There's a link that explains everything very clearly.
Hope it helps! Big Grin

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon