Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Questions about HOPS! Also, anti-androgen: Red Clover or Hops?

I don't know what PC she uses, I use Source Naturals. I can find it locally, but it's much more expensive that way than ordering it through Swansons.

I used to use Swanson's home brand, Menogest, but I tried the Source Naturals once when I ran out of Menogest and was unable to wait for more and like it a lot more... Not necessarily due to effectiveness, but just smell and feel and stuff. Though I do think the Source Naturals is probably more effective as well. Part of why I like it better is that it absorbs more fully more quickly.

(29-06-2013, 11:03 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  I don't know what PC she uses, I use Source Naturals. I can find it locally, but it's much more expensive that way than ordering it through Swansons.

I used to use Swanson's home brand, Menogest, but I tried the Source Naturals once when I ran out of Menogest and was unable to wait for more and like it a lot more... Not necessarily due to effectiveness, but just smell and feel and stuff. Though I do think the Source Naturals is probably more effective as well. Part of why I like it better is that it absorbs more fully more quickly.

Thank you, I'll be getting the Source Naturals one then. Smile

(29-06-2013, 07:08 PM)TsubakiBlossom Wrote:  Thank you so much!! Big Grin
Actually, I'm more like you; I was never diagnosed with having PCOS, but I lean more on that side, since I have more testosterone than anything. I'll definitely take your advice. Did you buy your PC online? I'm not sure which brand to use, any help would be much appreciated. Blush
I was never diagnosed with PCOS, but once I came off high dose BC I had a lot of the symptoms. I would say I'm low estrogen with even lower progesterone and a tendency to towards PCOS. Id probably have full blown PCOS if I didn't use PC.

I use Now Solutions from drug store.com. Fragrance free (Its the only one that Ive used that isn't tacky) Its also paraben free with no artificial additives. It also contain grapefruit seed extract and rosemary leaf extract which are powerful antioxidant as well as being anti bacterial/viral. I love it! You can sign up for 2nd day free shipping and do a free trial. When I went to cancel it offered me 3 more months. Big Grin

http://natural-fertility-info.com/proges...lity-guide

This link gives a ton of info about methods to balance estrogen dominance with progesterone. Scroll down to check out the video about PCOS and ovulation suppression with use of PC. its the method I'm basically using.

I have not heard of NAC. Ill check it out. Let me know if you find it helpful. Thank you! Smile

(30-06-2013, 05:29 AM)kaitlyn9 Wrote:  I was never diagnosed with PCOS, but once I came off high dose BC I had a lot of the symptoms. I would say I'm low estrogen with even lower progesterone and a tendency to towards PCOS. Id probably have full blown PCOS if I didn't use PC.

I use Now Solutions from drug store.com. Fragrance free (Its the only one that Ive used that isn't tacky) Its also paraben free with no artificial additives. It also contain grapefruit seed extract and rosemary leaf extract which are powerful antioxidant as well as being anti bacterial/viral. I love it! You can sign up for 2nd day free shipping and do a free trial. When I went to cancel it offered me 3 more months. Big Grin

http://natural-fertility-info.com/proges...lity-guide

This link gives a ton of info about methods to balance estrogen dominance with progesterone. Scroll down to check out the video about PCOS and ovulation suppression with use of PC. its the method I'm basically using.

I have not heard of NAC. Ill check it out. Let me know if you find it helpful. Thank you! Smile

Oh hey, I already use that site to order skin care products, so that's convenient! Wow, that's very helpful. Can't say thank you enough lol! Big Grin

NAC is also good for skin. It's a detoxifies and is an antioxidant. Many people said it's also helped with melasma and evened out skin all over their body (main reason I wanted it Blush ). Also, I read that because of the detox it makes some people's urine green-ish, but it's nothing bad.

Btw, have you noticed any uneven pigmentation from PCOS? I've read a lot of people do. The areas of my body that are abnormally dark are my cuticles, armpits, elbows, knees, under-belly, and crotch/inner thigh area. Just curious. Shy

(30-06-2013, 07:58 AM)TsubakiBlossom Wrote:  Oh hey, I already use that site to order skin care products, so that's convenient! Wow, that's very helpful. Can't say thank you enough lol! Big Grin

NAC is also good for skin. It's a detoxifies and is an antioxidant. Many people said it's also helped with melasma and evened out skin all over their body (main reason I wanted it Blush ). Also, I read that because of the detox it makes some people's urine green-ish, but it's nothing bad.

Btw, have you noticed any uneven pigmentation from PCOS? I've read a lot of people do. The areas of my body that are abnormally dark are my cuticles, armpits, elbows, knees, under-belly, and crotch/inner thigh area. Just curious. Shy

You are so very welcome! Drug store.com rocks! There was a 20% off all natural products about 2 weeks ago. I saved almost 50 bucks and everything arrived on my doorstep in less than 48 hours. Cool

That NAC stuff sounds interesting! Who doesn't want better skin? Big Grin

I can't say that Ive experienced those things. Just a little more body hair than usual and its thicker in some areas. I started to get a little happy trail but spearmint has lightened it and its much thinner. And of course oily/acne issues. I literally just eat the spearmint leaves. They taste good and are very potent; this method has helped a lot.

(30-06-2013, 09:50 AM)kaitlyn9 Wrote:  I literally just eat the spearmint leaves. They taste good and are very potent; this method has helped a lot.

Ohh... probably cheaper too! Where do you buy just whole leaves of spearmint? I'd like to price compare compared to the capsules, might need to find myself a kitchen scale and start weighing out doses with whole leaves!

Capsules are cheaper than teas... but maybe eating leaves is cheaper than capsules? lol.

Ive actually never tired the capsules because I read that fresh or dry, its better to chew them up in your mouth as it starts the breakdown process and they can absorbed better.
Ive been able to find them locally, but sometimes they're not available, then I just eat dried spearmint leaves. A couple sellers on amazon have certified organic and GMO free spearmint in a one pound bag for really cheap. Getting the individually packed teas are a huge pain! Rolleyes

Well dang. It is WAAAY cheaper. I'll just have to switch after I finish my like 5 month supply I just got done buying. Kinda wish I'd known sooner!

(30-06-2013, 08:40 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  Well dang. It is WAAAY cheaper. I'll just have to switch after I finish my like 5 month supply I just got done buying. Kinda wish I'd known sooner!

Darn! I'm sorry AbiDrew. Perhaps you can try to find some locally and test it out to see which method you prefer? But yes, its waaay cheaper to buy dried spearmint leaves in bulk. I honestly think it has the same effects, except the fresh spearmint has a better texture but.. oh well.. I can deal. Tongue

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon