Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

help please

Can you still use these methods if on a hormonal form of contraceptive? I have to be on the pill as a requirement of other meds I am on which cause birth defects. I haven't been able to find a definitive answer about this, but I seem to get luteal swelling - every month I think I have grown until I get my period!

Hi CHDchest sorry i cant answer your question, i am new here and still doing all my research. I have read several threads though where people are taking various herb combos along with creams whilst on birth control. I think it depends on the type of contraceptive, etc.. Apart from BO (bovine ovary) i know with that you are not supposed to be on birth control.

Sorry i cant give you a definitive answer, im still reading so if i find the answer your looking for i will be sure to let you know.Smile

(03-07-2013, 07:37 PM)Sammy95 Wrote:  I have been reading up on the herbs and found that you should take a herb that boosts each of the 5 hormones. What i wondered was, do people generally take them all together or seperately throughout the day?

Depends on what you decide is best for your needs. During follicular phase (first day of period till start of ovulation), you'll want to take estrogenic herbs. FG, PM and such. During luteal phase (ovulation till start of period), you'll want to take progesterone related herbs. Vitex, PC, wild yam...

I'm estrogen dominate, yet I still have low estrogen levels. My progesterone is very, very low and doesn't counterbalance with estrogen. Many women have this problem. So I don't take any estrogenic herbs and use PC to help get my levels back up.

Checkout this thread if you think you may have a progesterone deficiency.
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=15586

If your not sure about the hormone deficiencies you may have there's a thread that has a list of symptoms. Just do a search for it. Its super helpful!

Hi kaitlyn9

Thanks for your reply, that link was really helpful. I have just taken the online hormone test to see if i have an inbalance, the problem is according to that i have several Sad what i found difficult when determining the results though is that a few symptoms could be caused by pretty much any of them, for instance fatigue/cravings etc. That makes it difficult to figure out which inbalance is causing those symptoms. I would really like to get a proper hormone test by my Dr but im not sure how willing they would be. I am going next week so i will see what they say. How did you figure how you were estrogen dominate?

The other problem i have is my periods are not always regular so how will i know when i am ovulating and so forth.

I read that you should cycle PM. So take it for the first 15days of menstruation, then stop....is that right? when do i then start taking it again.

Sorry for so many questions i am still reading up on it all and trying to take in as much info before jumping into taking anything.

Thanks again Smile

(05-07-2013, 01:16 AM)Sammy95 Wrote:  Hi kaitlyn9

Thanks for your reply, that link was really helpful. I have just taken the online hormone test to see if i have an inbalance, the problem is according to that i have several Sad what i found difficult when determining the results though is that a few symptoms could be caused by pretty much any of them, for instance fatigue/cravings etc. That makes it difficult to figure out which inbalance is causing those symptoms. I would really like to get a proper hormone test by my Dr but im not sure how willing they would be. I am going next week so i will see what they say. How did you figure how you were estrogen dominate?

The other problem i have is my periods are not always regular so how will i know when i am ovulating and so forth.

I read that you should cycle PM. So take it for the first 15days of menstruation, then stop....is that right? when do i then start taking it again.

Sorry for so many questions i am still reading up on it all and trying to take in as much info before jumping into taking anything.

Thanks again Smile

Hi Sammy! I would advise against going to the Doc for testing. They will more than likely want to do blood testing, which isn't as precise as saliva testing, and if your periods aren't regular then you probably have an imbalance.
Hers a link that can further help you determine if you have any hormone issues. You can also buy the saliva tests from this site.
http://www.johnleemd.com/store/resource_...etest.html

I figured out I was estrogen dominate because my symptoms correlate with all the signs of of excess estrogen and low progesterone. And I'm going to school for holistic health science, so I do a lot of research. It fascinates me. Big Grin

As to how you know when your ovulating... if you are..: Sometimes you can feel a mild ache on whichever side around the 14-15 day of your cycle. Women also tend to get cervical mucus before they ovulate. To be sure, you can take your temperature.

Some women cycle PM, or take it for a 3-6 months at a time. Depends if they have low estrogen. If your estrogen is high you should cycle it day 1-12.
The key is balance. Your hormones, mainly progesterone and estrogen, must counterbalance with each other. Smile

Thanks kaitlyn9 you really know your stuff.

I took the hormone test and according to that i have several inbalances. The only problem i had when determining the results was that several symptoma could be caused my more than one of the hormones, for instance, fatigue, cravings etc..crop up in a few of the categories so its hard to know for sure. I would love to send off for a saliva test but its so expensive its not really an option at the moment.

I have ordered some PM along with fenugreek, collagen + HA, calcium + vit D, L-tyrosine and looking to get some spearmint tea as i have heard several people talking about how good it is to help balance things a bit.

I am thinking of cycling the PM as to not overload my system but i wondered if i took the rest of the herbs throughout the whole month? Also what do people tend to take in the luteal phase of the month? Do i buy a PM cream and use that aswell or is that too much estrogen combined with ingesting it to?

Thanks again you have been a great help.

Hey hey Sammy! Thanks, I want to gain as much knowledge as possible and Ive learned a lot from the ladies on this forum as well.

Read this thread! Smile It will answer your questions about PC and spearmint very concisely.
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=15640

Let me know if you have anymore questions after you've read it.

The fenugreek and PM are both photo-estrogens; you won't need both. PM is the strongest of them all so be careful. If you find yourself getting headaches or dry eyes then your overloading on the estrogen. Ive done it, and its not fun.

It can be difficult to pinpoint. This is a much more in-depth hormone symptom list.

http://natural-fertility-info.com/proges...#deficient

Anyway, any questions just ask.

(03-07-2013, 08:19 PM)CHDchest Wrote:  Can you still use these methods if on a hormonal form of contraceptive? I have to be on the pill as a requirement of other meds I am on which cause birth defects. I haven't been able to find a definitive answer about this, but I seem to get luteal swelling - every month I think I have grown until I get my period!

It depends on the BCP, some favor synthetic estrogen and some progestins. Check to see what your brands contains.
You should do a search on your specific brand. I was on yasmin and it basically stopped my natural hormone production. I did a search on Google and found TONS of forums about it having the same or worse side effects on other women.

Thanks Kaitlin and Sammy. My BCP is a low dose pill with 20mg synthetic estrogen and 125mg of synthetic progesterone. I couldn't find anything about NBE herbs interacting with BCP - so there doesn't seem to be any known interactions.

Welcome dear! If you cant find any interaction then the best thing to do is find out for yourself.

Start out with FG or PM and take during days 1-12ish. If you experience headaches or dry eyes you may be getting too much estrogen. Ive found the PC can be used to help on days when this happens. Then on day 15 consider using PC until day 26.

Sometimes people have found that taking estrogenic herbs for 3-6 months at a time works best for them. You've just gotta figure out which is best for you.

Balance is key.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon