Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Divorce? Anyone? Need some advice please.

I feel like most the ladies on this forum are like family. So I feel I can say anything on here and not be judged. I'm going to be going through divorce soon and need some advice.

Basically in a nutshell my marriage has went to hell in a handbasket and I'm fed up with it. I've been married for over 5 years, the first 2 years were amazing, then he started to change. For the past 3 years I've gone through emotional hell with him, hot and cold, etc. He has brought up divorce so many times I can't even count them. Last year in August I caught him cheating with another woman, he claims to not have had sex with her, but he was chatting online with her, camming with her, talking nonstop on the phone, having phone sex and cyber sex, and even told her he loved her. I found out because I saw the messages on his computer and looked further into it. When I confronted him he blamed everything on me... it was all my fault, not his. At this point he was NOT working. He was going to school and stayed at home while I worked 70+ hours at work in order to support him in pursuing what he wanted in a career. But it was all my fault right? So anyway, I then took his phone and started texting the other woman as him until she called. Then I asked her what she thought she was doing messing with a married man. Get this... he told her we were going through a divorce and once it was final he would be with her. We made love just a few days before I caught him... yea really sounds like divorce doesn't it?

So anyway, last year he lost 70 lbs and ever since then he's changed even more. He makes me feel like I'm a fatass and not good enough for him. When I still work to support him and his ambitions. For the past 3 years it has only been me trying to keep us together, never him. So I'm at this point where I'm just done, and I feel I deserve better than this. I just wanted to reach out and vent a bit, get some advice from ladies who have been through divorce if possible, I'd greatly appreciate it.

To let you ladies know how he's gotten worse in the past few weeks... he went down from about 215 down to 145 lbs last year, he's 5'11 so at this weight his bones were showing and it was disgusting. After me having an intervention with him he started eating like he should again and started working out at the gym. Now he's about 160ish and about 9% body fat, so he's where he needs to be. Last week he told me he's going back on his diet cause he's still fat. He wants to be back down to 145ish. He also said he's going to get his ears pierced and start gauging them out. I told him I thought that was hideous and he would be stupid to do that as he wouldn't be able to get decent jobs that way. But he said he's doing it anyway.

We work at the same place just different departments. Everyone at work says he's way too immature to be with me, he acts like a kid, etc. And that he acts like he's single when not around me.

I think I'm at that point where I'm just done with him and I want to eventually find a real man, not a little boy. Any advice would be much appreciated. This is the reason why I haven't been as active on here nor am I doing my program like I should.

I am so sorry to hear that. I have family members & friends went through exactly like your situation. I recently have another friend whom his ex wife cheated on him several times and lied about it and yet he took her back over and over (Koolaid) after she repeatedly asked for divorce (guilt I guess). Finally it was over for him this year (took him 3 yrs to realize that) and now he feels he was a fool for her and in depressing mode as he is now in the 40's with 2 failed marriages.

When someone constantly asks for a divorce it is not worth to stick around. When someone constantly cheat, got caught red hand and yet still denied, it is yet not worth to stick around either. When a man got no job and not looking for a real job, it is not worth to stick around either. When a man refuses to be a man and standing on his own feet to support himself without loosing any dignity (make you work so he can be lazy), then it is not worth to stick around, he will drag you down period.

A person can get an ambitious dream but the reality is he still has to work to earn the living and not live off others period even with his own spouse/family members. He could just work like a barista and use some spare time to work on his other dream goals and that is a man in my book not just live off and pretend to have an ambitious dream. So far I see, he has no respect for you so cut him loose. He is a looser.

Please walk away. I don't want to see you waste your youthful life. My family members stick around for 10 years on men like this (twice) and now she is in her late 40's to bear any kids or too tire to start over again.

Be strong. Be firm. Put yourself, your mentality first (very important). I will be here for you if you need someone to listen to.

-V

I'm so sorry to hear about this!

And yeah. Totally past time to ditch him. You've given him more opportunities than it sounds like he deserved.

I've never been married... Never even really been on a REAL date. Oh, I tried once or twice to date as a "guy" but my heart just wasn't in it, I was just trying to get my room-mates and family and... off my back. If it seemed like I was trying, then they generally accepted my half-assedness and didn't make things even more awkward.

Anyways, you'll find someone better. I'm sure of it. My brother did when he finally ditched his drug addict leech of a wife.

Unfortunately I also have family who are the worthless scum in their relationships... ah well.

Your relationship troubles need fixin' before you can take care of any of your other concerns. Those have a way of leeching into every other aspect of our lives. And it's sooo definitely better to be single than in a sour relationship.

I had no Idea it was this bad. Sounds like he has some sort of fat phobia!

Yep,been there done that. I let my man walk out the door to cheat as he was wanting an open marriage, LOL. WTF!

We were done! It was over for me. I left and he begged me back. I have no regrets.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I know that marriage problems can create huge amounts of stress. You, and you alone, are in the best position to decide what is best for you and your baby. My only advice to you is to not make a fear-based decision. Those are the kind that become regrets later. Take care of yourself, so you can be there for your son.

Sending positive thoughts your way.

aaww i feelng so bad for you i think you need to really think do you want it to work out with him?
your married you promised eachother to love forever he was cheating when he had no job and you said he his friends said his wife used to be hot its said he needed to feel more like a man im not saying hes right at all but men can be very stupid if their pride is hurt.
if i was you id make him want me more than ever and then if i thought it wasnt worth it id leave either way you'd win either in getting back what you had but stronger or leaving sure and more confident.

Im sorry about this. I never went through a divorce but i was once with a guy for over 5 years and had a child with him. It was so hard to get out of it as my family was worried about my daughter and that they dont want her to suffer to have a broken family because of my decision to leave him. But for me, i cant take of him sneaking out anymore, doesnt have a job. I dont want to let my child to grow up seeing him as somebody hurting mommy's feelings and lying and not having a job to support his family. Im scared that my daughter will perceive that there is nothing wrong with that. I am worried about her that when it is time for her to have her own family, she'll think that a guy treating her like that is normal. I realized that i am not gonna be happy for the rest of my life if i'll be with someone who dont even know how to respect me at all. One thing i have learned, never compromise yourself to something less than what you deserve. Marriage is a 2-way road. Even if he chose you and leave the other and promise you that he'll be better, the answer is all up to you. Think, are you gonna be happy in 3, 5, 10 years being with a guy like this? Is it worth it with all the emotional trauma that the marriage is giving you? I hope you find the light and the strength..take care of yourself. (Hugs)

Thanks ladies, I really appreciate it. It's confirming what I already feel. He makes me feel like I'm the wrong one and he's the saint. So sometimes I have my doubts if I should just continue to be with him. But I am miserable, I have been for a long time.

On a side note... my son is not his, he was 3 when we got married. He does have a job now, I got it for him last September. He works at the same place I do just different department.

I think what is making matters worse for me is I did meet someone that I'm friends with that I think I'm falling for. Problem is he's married also. I can tell he feels the same way I do. But I don't want to cause a divorce for him unless he wants that without me being the reason. He has been married for 12 years and said he has never loved her, basically we vent to each other about our marriages. He said he is only with her for his kids. They've split up 3 times within their marriage and she keeps his kids from him when he does that. So I haven't tried to push for more than just friendship because of that. Ugh, it sucks.

(09-07-2013, 05:12 AM)Anastasia916 Wrote:  Thanks ladies, I really appreciate it. It's confirming what I already feel. He makes me feel like I'm the wrong one and he's the saint. So sometimes I have my doubts if I should just continue to be with him. But I am miserable, I have been for a long time.

On a side note... my son is not his, he was 3 when we got married. He does have a job now, I got it for him last September. He works at the same place I do just different department.

I think what is making matters worse for me is I did meet someone that I'm friends with that I think I'm falling for. Problem is he's married also. I can tell he feels the same way I do. But I don't want to cause a divorce for him unless he wants that without me being the reason. He has been married for 12 years and said he has never loved her, basically we vent to each other about our marriages. He said he is only with her for his kids. They've split up 3 times within their marriage and she keeps his kids from him when he does that. So I haven't tried to push for more than just friendship because of that. Ugh, it sucks.

Girlfriend, don't do it. It would be an emotional rebound and never lasts. Trust me, I tried to be with someone who was in separation and divorce but then he was never ready as he thought he would.

Give yourself a break from love (especially if you are getting out of your current marriage), define your need first my dear, right now you are too emotional to make any right path for your future.

-V

That's why I haven't done anything to pursue a relationship with him. Just staying friends.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon