Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Why do online articles say this is good for estrogen dominance?

I've read multiple ones now. If you google pueraria mirifica it says all these wonderful benefits and how its good for hair, skin, nails, for hormone imbalances and estrogen dominance. Also, says its good for men who want to raise testosterone and stuff like that! That's all false isn't it? Men use it to grow boobs and butts so why would they recommend it for men? However, their reasoning for it balancing estrogen dominance is that it binds to the receptors and removes the harmful estrogens from environment and replaces it with these plant estrogens which have better effects on body and actually reduce estrogen dominance. This sounded legit to me, does anyone have experience with pueraria mirifica and estrogen dominance? All I hear is that it causes more weight gain and worse effects and everyone stays away from it if they're high in estrogen. I'm currently trying it for all the other benefits for skin and hair because my skin doesn't tan very evenly anymore. I think its making me retain water and get a little sleepy. All my hormones are within normal ranges so I guess I'm not estrogen dominant although sometimes I feel like I am.

I haven't tried PM, but introducing an outside estrogen source to the body might cause the body to produce less, so when you stop/develop a tolerance, your estrogen levels would go down. Like long-term drug addicts end up with really low levels of seratonin because they've flooded their receptors with artificial seratonin (obviously a negative example, but I couldn't think of another one).

Just my thoughts! Also, I think there's a lot of hype around PM, and with hype comes misinformation.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon