Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PCOS is ruining my body!

I've seen about 3 endocrynologists and I've gotten as much help from them as I'm ever going to get. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 12 and I also have genetic hypothyroidism.

My breasts ridiculously unproportional to my body! I used to wear a 34 A and barely filled it, since I gained weight I can barely, just barely fit it (also take into account that the 34's are too tight on me but I wear them anyway, because I now can't fill a 36 A)

I have seen absolutely no growth since I hit puberty and now since I'm almost 17 I'm terrified that I'll never have a normal body. I am not some so-called "late bloomer", I have symptoms of extremely high testosterone levels. It's gotten even worse since I quit birth control (which, while taking it I took a blood test and realized it had made my body stop making female hormones, my estrogen was below MENOPAUSAL levels!)

It's interesting how my breasts won't grow because many women with PCOS have large breasts due to their high estrogen levels but since I have had severe symptoms of my hormonal imbalance since I was literally a child I think it hit me too soon for me to even have a chance to develop.

I think my main problem is the high androgen levels, does anyone know any herbs that specifically LOWER androgens? Or can anyone suggest any success stories of women who grew breasts after their breasts became under-developed to a condition like mine?

I've had severe depression for over a year and my breasts is not my only problem. I won't bring my other physical flaws up but because of my body I'm afraid to be in a relationship or go outside and I'm even loosing friends because of my depression.

(17-08-2013, 05:38 AM)sunshine123 Wrote:  I've seen about 3 endocrynologists and I've gotten as much help from them as I'm ever going to get. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 12 and I also have genetic hypothyroidism.

My breasts ridiculously unproportional to my body! I used to wear a 34 A and barely filled it, since I gained weight I can barely, just barely fit it (also take into account that the 34's are too tight on me but I wear them anyway, because I now can't fill a 36 A)

I have seen absolutely no growth since I hit puberty and now since I'm almost 17 I'm terrified that I'll never have a normal body. I am not some so-called "late bloomer", I have symptoms of extremely high testosterone levels. It's gotten even worse since I quit birth control (which, while taking it I took a blood test and realized it had made my body stop making female hormones, my estrogen was below MENOPAUSAL levels!)

It's interesting how my breasts won't grow because many women with PCOS have large breasts due to their high estrogen levels but since I have had severe symptoms of my hormonal imbalance since I was literally a child I think it hit me too soon for me to even have a chance to develop.

I think my main problem is the high androgen levels, does anyone know any herbs that specifically LOWER androgens? Or can anyone suggest any success stories of women who grew breasts after their breasts became under-developed to a condition like mine?

I've had severe depression for over a year and my breasts is not my only problem. I won't bring my other physical flaws up but because of my body I'm afraid to be in a relationship or go outside and I'm even loosing friends because of my depression.

spearmint is meant to help with androgen excess, it's what I'm taking at the moment. and bovine ovary is meant to be particularly good for those who didn't develop properly at puberty, though I have no experience with using it. My depression is also affected a lot by my perception of how I look, and I've discovered that the worse I feel, the worse I end up looking because stress really does mess up our bodies! Nothing is permanent and the fact you know what your hormonal problem is means you have a real advantage towards solving it. I personally find the best thing to do is fake it while making progress to getting healthy - wear push-up bras and dress in a way that flatters your figure (gok wan is a genius for this kind of thing, check out his tips) so you can feel good about yourself while you make progress to get where you want to be. Good luck, I really hope you feel proud of yourself soon xxx

Saw Palmetto lowers DHT in the body (a strong form of testosterone that causes problems like acne, small breasts, excess body hair and male pattern balding). Vitex is good for balancing progesterone levels as well as natural progesterone creams. Eating soy products and other oestrogen-imitation foods can bump up your oestrogen levels. Good luck!

I highly recommend the book WomenCode by Alisa Vitti!

She herself had PCOS and completely healed/transformed her life and explains all about the female endocrine system, hormones and how to get things back in order in a simple, empowering way. I would consider her a leading holistic expert on such topics.

The problem could be a complex one, but an herb that helps convert testosterone to estrogen is peony root.

You can get it as a supplement called bai shao.
I also recommend spearmint for excess androgens, then lastly use licorice to inhibit DHT (in small amounts).

I don't recommend Saw palmetto... as it does a number of different things, but doesn't seem to do that good of a job with dht.

Overall though I'd recommend you go see an acupuncturist as well.

Good luck Smile.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon