Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Acne... any help plz

Hi everyone
plz can anyone help my sister ,she suffering from chronic acne that's affecting her confidence Sad ..
She was recommended to take dekutan pills .. it worked at first .. but it had dried her skin a lot .. so when she stopped taking the pills her skin started exploding again
the pimples are with white heads .. and leaving dark marks
plz any one can help? any recommendations would be much appreciated

(25-08-2013, 12:29 AM)sara_aaa19 Wrote:  Hi everyone
plz can anyone help my sister ,she suffering from chronic acne that's affecting her confidence Sad ..
She was recommended to take dekutan pills .. it worked at first .. but it had dried her skin a lot .. so when she stopped taking the pills her skin started exploding again
the pimples are with white heads .. and leaving dark marks
plz any one can help? any recommendations would be much appreciated

It sounds she has oily skin, the only way to do is using facial wipes or rice paper to wipe every 2 hours. It is internal problem I believe but washing face more often it helped. I use the Target Exfoliating cleanser- Up to Up brand that has Salicide acid and it helps to clear out.

My dermatologist does offer facial treatment after the injectment to flat down the cyst acnes. However, my facial technican told me, if you have acnes on your low chin, it means you eat too late at evening (after 9pm) and it caused that. No snack after 8 pm she recommended. And if you have acnes on your cheeks it was liver/kidney related, she said... I dont know it is true much but when I stop having late dinner (be 7pm) then my acnes only pop during pms time.

-V

Tell her to stop and Avoid harse detergent soaps. Only use 100% Castill (olive oil) soap and to use an oil cleansing method with a steamer to push oil into the pores. I would personally think manuka honey after the cleanse using a pulling method to clean the infected pores or blackheads is better then any other approach. Basically, put a dab on skin, let it setup and put your finger in it and pull the honey off your face. Then followup with another oil cleanse.

Like with like. she needs to clean her face with oil to remove the overproduced oil her skin is doing.

And follow up with an apple cinder vinegar on cotton ball as a toner cut 1:4 (acv to distilled water). You can add rose water, brewed green tea and witch hazel to the acv-water to further enhance it.

She can also make a paste with baking soda with water and apply it and let it sit for a minute or two then lightly brush it off (microderm polish) then rinse with pure water.

If its a hormonal issue, she needs to take some adaptogens to help balance her hormones.

DO NOT pop or pick at them. spreading the infection is worse then letting the body reabsorb the infection.

I don't think tea tree oil is good for acne. Grapefruit seed extract could help for severe cystic acne. Cut 50% with extra virgin oil.

Tips:
-Possibly try a lower dose in the pills? and make sure you use an oil free lotion with it.

- A lotion I like is by Marcelle (I love this cosmetic brand!) is the Hydra-C Ultra-Light Matifying Fluid
http://www.marcelle.com/en/hydra-c-radia...ying-fluid
This fluid moisturizes the skin but also helps in oil absorption. Marcelle isn't the cheapest way to go but it's also not too pricy and well worth the money.I love this product. I haven't tried the others in this line but this one in particular works great.

-Going into a sauna every now and again helps cleanse the pores a lot.

- Do not exfoliate daily...or even regularly. Use a non harsh cleanser.

- Use a spot treatment. ( either pro active, clean and clear, ect) on the really bad ones.

Hope this helps a little. Out of all of these id really recommend that Marcelle cream though!

I try this brand and I am very happy with it. I haven't had the need to go to see my 20 yrs Dermatologist since.... I bought at Vitamin World.
BTW, Tree oil is also work to take care these chronic acnes.

-V

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I had bad acne with dry/combination skin for nearly two years after having clear skin my whole life. I went to they dermatologist several times and all she did was prescribe me things that made my skin freak out worse. At first I thought it was my skin purging out the last bits of acne, but it only worsened. Then my skin had a horrible reaction to the creams she gave me and my face swelled up and I had what appeared to be a sunburn type rash all over my entire face.

I took matters into my own hands and my face has never been clearer. I still get the occasional breakout on my cheeks, but it is better than my entire face being covered in zits. My advice is:

-Get a good face wash. Nothing too harsh, nothing with perfumes. I love boscia black cleanser, and right now I am using the cosmedix line from the salon I work at. Boscia is still my favorite though.

- Vitamin C powder. They sell this at Sephora and you put a little scoop of the powder into your night time moisturizer. Made my skin beautiful and glowy!

- Do NOT pick at your face. If you have something that must be popped, wash your hands first. Do not touch your face with dirty hands.

- Drink a ton of water. Not only will your skin thank you, but you will feel better.

- Sleep with a clean towel over your pillow at night. Our pillowcases are full of bacteria! This helped my face SO much.

- Aspirin masks are the bomb. I dissolve a few plain aspirin in a drop or two of water and put the mixture onto my skin and let it sit for a few minutes, when I rinse it off I use the gritty aspirin to buff off any dead skin and help get rid of blackheads. I avoid any place that is really broken out, so I mostly focus on my nose, chin, and forehead.

Hmmmm I had the mirena IUD which gave me bad acne, the deep ones, and I went to a derm, she took it out asap and prescribed me Yaz. Cleared me up quick. Some other things to consider:

- She could try taking 1 tbsp. of hemp oil/ day --> it is high in linoleic acid which is the body's first choice of oil substance to release toxins through the skin, but if you don't get enough linoleic acid in your diet then the body will use oleic acid, which is more irritating and sticky and clumpy, thus making white pimple heads when it tries to come out.
- Omega 3 helps some people?
- She could be high in testosterone, which can cause acne for girls so spearmint teal 2x/day could help.

Just by how you described her skin to be, I would try the hemp oil and omega 3, and then the posters above me had good suggestions for topical help.

It takes time though, whatever she chooses she should stick with it consistently for 4 months.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon