Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

New and need some advice w/ hormones.

Hey! I'm new here and i'm looking for some advice.

I got hormone tested and this are the result:

Estradiol >18 pmol/L

F.S.H 2.20 Ul/L

Prolactin 19.94 ng/dL

Androstenedione 0.80 ng/mL

SHBG 179.4 nmol/L

Testosterone 0.08 nmol/L

LH 1.90 Ul/L

DHEAS 108.0 ug/dL

17.OH progesterone 0.35 ng/mL

So, based on this, w/ which herbals should I start? Also, am using birth control with high levels of estrogens.

Thanks!

Tania.

PS: I'm so sorry for my english, i'm from southamerica Blush

Well. That's very strange really... Looks like you're super low basically everything.

The only REAL exception is SHBG which is nearly half again the typical CEILING. AKA: sky freaking retarded high.

And that really kinda explains everything.

Soooooo... We need something that fights that SHBG. Or MASSIVE hormone OD's to overcome it...

My bet though is that it's the BC that's making the SHBG go insane. I'll bet whichever progestin's in it or maybe even the PROBABLY synthetic estrogen are just making your body go WTH GET OUT!

What's your specific BC pill? Let's rule this out first. If it's potentially the cause, then we're gunna need to get your doc to get you something else.

I was taking Femelle 20, but after my doc saw the results, changed them for Feminol (Gestoden 0.075 mg, Ethinylestradiol 0.030 mg) and told me that the cause of this is unknown (this was 2 days ago).

Btw, i'm 21 and a 32A Smile

(30-08-2013, 06:13 AM)tania.javierat Wrote:  I was taking Femelle 20, but after my doc saw the results, changed them for Feminol (Gestoden 0.075 mg, Ethinylestradiol 0.030 mg) and told me that the cause of this is unknown (this was 2 days ago).

Femelle 20, took a minute, but I figured out it's constituents.

Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol combination...

My very next search terms were those two drugs and "shbg" and the very first result:

"SHBG levels increased significantly"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16595223

AKA your doc is either A: an assclown and knew exactly what happened and won't admit it. or B: an idiot.

The new drug combination...

quick search similar terms:

"levels of SHBG rose significantly during intake of the pill up to values between 210 and 240 nmol/l"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3208516

Holy even worse batman! That's going from half again the ceiling to DOUBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIKES!

I'm sorry... find a new doc. I'm thinking this one's an example of B.

(30-08-2013, 06:40 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(30-08-2013, 06:13 AM)tania.javierat Wrote:  I was taking Femelle 20, but after my doc saw the results, changed them for Feminol (Gestoden 0.075 mg, Ethinylestradiol 0.030 mg) and told me that the cause of this is unknown (this was 2 days ago).

Femelle 20, took a minute, but I figured out it's constituents.

Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol combination...

My very next search terms were those two drugs and "shbg" and the very first result:

"SHBG levels increased significantly"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16595223

AKA your doc is either A: an assclown and knew exactly what happened and won't admit it. or B: an idiot.

The new drug combination...

quick search similar terms:

"levels of SHBG rose significantly during intake of the pill up to values between 210 and 240 nmol/l"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3208516

Holy even worse batman! That's going from half again the ceiling to DOUBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIKES!

I'm sorry... find a new doc. I'm thinking this one's an example of B.

Wooow! Pretty much my doc has know idea of what to do and my hormones would be really messed up if i follow what he said, thanks for the information! Smile

So, should I wait until i find a new doc and then start with a NBE plan?

(30-08-2013, 03:57 PM)tania.javierat Wrote:  Wooow! Pretty much my doc has know idea of what to do and my hormones would be really messed up if i follow what he said, thanks for the information! Smile

So, should I wait until i find a new doc and then start with a NBE plan?

That would be what I'd suggest. Right now it'd take an insane amount of ANYTHING to overcome those insane SHBG levels.

I'd also suggest considering an IUD or patch form of BC. There's very few pill forms that won't do this. But if you find an actually good doc they'll be able to get you on the right pill that'll only get you towards the upper range, near the ceiling, and not near double it! That's what BC pills are SUPPOSED to do.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon