Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

I'm getting tired of this anti-the-other-religions nonsense!

Rather than continue an argument with someone who clearly has their eyes completely shut to the nonsense coming from their own fingers I've decided to make this thread.

From now on when I see ANYONE slam another religion at any time when someone merely mentions something in passing or even spends a great deal of time on it, I'm going to report their post.

It's inappropriate no matter how you look at it.

It's not necessarily inappropriate to calmly and rationally discuss religious and theological possibilities on the general subject of spirituality. Many of us are spiritual beings and for many of us this is as much a spiritual journey as it is a physical and scientific one.

But when your views on spiritual truths differ from someone else blatantly disregarding their view as "completely false" is not okay. Don't do it. If you can't say something open about it don't say anything.

I have in the past been calling it when I see it, but I'm done. From now on I'm just reporting it for abuse as soon as I see it instead and I'd encourage everyone else to do the same thing. The exact reason I'll use on the report post function will be "abuse (being an asshole)".

In the main this is a very friendly and encouraging place and I like it that way and want it to stay that way. And when I see something like what happened the other day it just makes me want to smack some freaking sense of courtesy into the other person.

I know what *I* feel like when my spirituality and religious views are attacked viciously. And I can only imagine how it makes anyone else feel. Probably quite alike. And it's not much better how it makes me feel when I see it being done to others. Even when I don't necessarily myself agree with their views. It's okay not to agree. It's not okay to voice that disagreement in a way that comes across as calling the other a delusional fool. Even if your views says that's what they are. Still totally not cool to say it.

I'll admit I've slipped up on this myself at times, but when called on it I've apologized red-faced and ashamed of my own weakness of heart.

So yeah. From now on, I won't call it. I'm tired of fighting with assholes who won't admit to being assholes. So this is it. From now on if you're an asshole you're being reported for being an asshole.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon