Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Acne due to vitex

Hi!

Since i started using vitex, i have started getting acne, a lot of very small zits Angry I am low on progesterone so i need a herb for that. I am hoping that initially this might happen due to hormonal changes and after sometime things will settle down.

Has anyone experienced acne after starting vitex but cleared later. I have read that vitex is a slow acting herb and takes 2-3 months to take effect and that initially it may raise estrogen.

I have been feeling the occasional pain in the breasts Big Grin But mostly only when i touch them. i feel like my nipples are getting bigger and are very umm, i dont know how to describe, erect! Huh

I am currently taking vitex-400mg/day, ground flax, vit C-400mg and calcium-500mg.

Please share your experiences. Thank you! Smile

I haven't taken Vitex myself, but as you already know everyone says it's a long working herb and you need at least a couple of months to judge it. Plus hormones and hormonal balance are so delicate and individual that they can easily react in unpredictable ways when you first start taking a herb, so again you have to give it time. Vitex seems to have been positive in very many cases that it's probably worth persevering with, although acne is such an annoying thing to have. It may be just a phase you need to get through, but no herb is suitable for everyone and it may be that you're in a minority that vitex has negative rather than positive effects for.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon