Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Derma Roller

(02-10-2013, 04:19 AM)tinytots Wrote:  Our top two proteins that make up our skin are collagen and elastin which is formed in the skins cellular level. It is where repair takes place.

The dermis is a complex combination of blood vessels, hair follicles, and sebaceous (oil) glands. Here, you'll find collagen and elastin, two proteins necessary for skin health because they offer support and elasticity. Fibroblasts are the cells you'll find in this layer, because they synthesize collagen and elastin.

So not sure exactly what kind of answer you are looking for.

Was just looking for a re-write since your syntax was off/ made no sense, hence I did not clearly understand what you were trying to say. The first sentence you just posted above was enough to clear it up for me. Thanks Smile

(01-10-2013, 04:05 AM)tinytots Wrote:  Sounds like skin brushing. Which is basically stimulating the lymphatic system to flush. I've never heard of anyone doing it on just the face. Usually you start at your ankles and move up toward the heart.

What's liquid amino acid. Never heard of that one. Lemon juice will lighten and exfoliate the skin. I'm sure it never hurts to try new things, especially when we can get them from our kitchen all natural. Thanks for your info.
I will have to look up about the aloe.
i have a couple of products. one is 'amino fuel' by twin lab and another, 'protein 100' by genisis today. i apply them once a week, while in the bath, after my skin is clean and pores open. the man's mother was convinced her skin benefited but like i said, i have no idea. i'd like to think so. probably, one of my biggest daily concerns is neutralizing free radicals through dietary antioxidants. the aloe vera juice is good for this, too.

Tinytots:

I am back to looking into a product to help heal my scars and have cancelled out the possibility of the dermaroller for the Dermapen http://dermapen.com/?gclid=CPrCyq2ikLsCFWQOOgodOzoAig , as it seems to trump the Dermaroller in so many ways. However, I am still intrigued by your Time Master and am now trying to do my research on it and am unfortunately not finding very much!! Sad I am mostly interested in how it compares to the Dermaroller/pen (basically just how it compares to the needle) with healing scars. I remember you mentioned that you work in the industry, or something to that effect. Might you have some literature about this? I understood your explanation of it in an earlier post to this thread, but before I go and make any purchases, some literature would be helpful.

Also, where did you buy it? This is what I was able to find online: http://www.dhgate.com/product/time-maste...76060.html It looks like it is a different model from yours and I was wondering what your opinion was on it. Looking at the reviews though, honestly, I am becoming very skeptical (at least of that particular company). Here is also the one that you have http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/whol...ree-5-null which also has shady reviews (all the positive ones have very little to say, and the negative are pretty descriptive...). Anyway, at least I am not buying from THEM but I am still interested in the Time Master based on your personal review.

Is there any place from which I can buy this product that is a reliable company? And what literature you have on the product will be helpful as it is hard to find.

Thanks!

(02-12-2013, 01:22 AM)timarie Wrote:  Tinytots:

I am back to looking into a product to help heal my scars and have cancelled out the possibility of the dermaroller for the Dermapen http://dermapen.com/?gclid=CPrCyq2ikLsCFWQOOgodOzoAig , as it seems to trump the Dermaroller in so many ways. However, I am still intrigued by your Time Master and am now trying to do my research on it and am unfortunately not finding very much!! Sad I am mostly interested in how it compares to the Dermaroller/pen (basically just how it compares to the needle) with healing scars. I remember you mentioned that you work in the industry, or something to that effect. Might you have some literature about this? I understood your explanation of it in an earlier post to this thread, but before I go and make any purchases, some literature would be helpful.

Also, where did you buy it? This is what I was able to find online: http://www.dhgate.com/product/time-maste...76060.html It looks like it is a different model from yours and I was wondering what your opinion was on it. Looking at the reviews though, honestly, I am becoming very skeptical (at least of that particular company). Here is also the one that you have http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/whol...ree-5-null which also has shady reviews (all the positive ones have very little to say, and the negative are pretty descriptive...). Anyway, at least I am not buying from THEM but I am still interested in the Time Master based on your personal review.

Is there any place from which I can buy this product that is a reliable company? And what literature you have on the product will be helpful as it is hard to find.

Thanks!

Hi timarie. Sure, I can look some stuff up for you. The second picture is the one I have. However, the one I bought was sold through a rep in my industry. So I know it is of good value. But I am wondering if microdermabrasion might be a better way for you to go. When I worked for a dr they would do this tx on scars but the bad part is you have to actually make the scar bleed. I know you can get a personal unit on eBay pretty cheap. I am finding the time master is working better for plumping and penetrating products better into the skin. I use it for the penetration of pm extract in a gel. Let me call my rep and see what her opinion is on the best way to treat scars. So many options out their. Even an acid peel would help before hand. But here is the other problem. All this causes a temporary injury to the skin inducing inflammation, so you could see it get better but in the long run would make it thinner. Any type of aggressive exfoliation thins the skin causing temporary swelling and inflammation. When doing this on your face you look great, plumped up, etc but after about 2 weeks it all goes away and you will occurs more damage and thinning. I know the scars are not on your face... Just saying.
I will get back to ya this week with better information.Big Grin

(02-12-2013, 03:15 AM)Tinytots Wrote:  

Thanks!

Hi timarie. Sure, I can look some stuff up for you. The second picture is the one I have. However, the one I bought was sold through a rep in my industry. So I know it is of good value. But I am wondering if microdermabrasion might be a better way for you to go. When I worked for a dr they would do this tx on scars but the bad part is you have to actually make the scar bleed. I know you can get a personal unit on eBay pretty cheap. I am finding the time master is working better for plumping and penetrating products better into the skin. I use it for the penetration of pm extract in a gel. Let me call my rep and see what her opinion is on the best way to treat scars. So many options out their. Even an acid peel would help before hand. But here is the other problem. All this causes a temporary injury to the skin inducing inflammation, so you could see it get better but in the long run would make it thinner. Any type of aggressive exfoliation thins the skin causing temporary swelling and inflammation. When doing this on your face you look great, plumped up, etc but after about 2 weeks it all goes away and you will occurs more damage and thinning. I know the scars are not on your face... Just saying.
Sorry, ladies, for hijacking this thread. I know Tinamarie was inquiring about scars, but do you know of any effective treatment for those stubborn stretchmarks? I'm asking since you work in the industry and might be able to give some insights. I've tried Fraxel laser treatment, but I'm not sure if it helped although I only had like two treatments or was it one. Anyhow, it made my skin darker and now my stretchmarks stand out more. Do you think the device you're using will help with stretchmarks, too? Thanks.

(02-12-2013, 06:52 AM)nsas Wrote:  
(02-12-2013, 03:15 AM)Tinytots Wrote:  

Thanks!

Sorry, ladies, for hijacking this thread. I know Tinamarie was inquiring about scars, but do you know of any effective treatment for those stubborn stretchmarks? I'm asking since you work in the industry and might be able to give some insights. I've tried Fraxel laser treatment, but I'm not sure if it helped although I only had like two treatments or was it one. Anyhow, it made my skin darker and now my stretchmarks stand out more. Do you think the device you're using will help with stretchmarks, too? Thanks.
Stretch marks and scars are very much related. I do believe you treat them the same way. If fraxel caused pigmentation it should be superficial. Anytime you injure the skin you take the chance of inducing hyper pigmentation. But my guess it was superficial. Did your dr not offer you something for it. Most drs do during the follow up. But that is the chance you take especially with your skin type. Pale skin is less likely to pigment than Darker skin tones. I really feel you can only improve scars or stretch marks to a certain degree. It really depends on how deep they are. If your stretch mark is really thick underneath with keloid scarring you can use evening primrose oil daily and it will help thin it out under neath. Did your dr want to try dermabrasion, that is a deeper exfoliation.

(03-12-2013, 04:44 AM)Tinytots Wrote:  Stretch marks and scars are very much related. I do believe you treat them the same way. If fraxel caused pigmentation it should be superficial. Anytime you injure the skin you take the chance of inducing hyper pigmentation. But my guess it was superficial. Did your dr not offer you something for it. Most drs do during the follow up. But that is the chance you take especially with your skin type. Pale skin is less likely to pigment than Darker skin tones. I really feel you can only improve scars or stretch marks to a certain degree. It really depends on how deep they are. If your stretch mark is really thick underneath with keloid scarring you can use evening primrose oil daily and it will help thin it out under neath. Did your dr want to try dermabrasion, that is a deeper exfoliation.
Yes, my doctor did give me a serum to apply, but I was trying to save money and used it only sparingly. A tiny bottle was eighty dollars. Plus I had the treatment done in the summer so I think that was a factor. My stretch marks aren't terribly deep, but they are there and there are plenty of them. I don't think dermabrasion will do much for them. Right now, I'm trying to this home remedy of lemon juice then aloe vera gel. It's only been one day, but according to some people, you can see results within a week so if this doesn't work, I'll try evening primrose oil. Thanks for the suggestions.

(02-12-2013, 06:52 AM)nsas Wrote:  Sorry, ladies, for hijacking this thread. I know Tinamarie was inquiring about scars, but do you know of any effective treatment for those stubborn stretchmarks? I'm asking since you work in the industry and might be able to give some insights. I've tried Fraxel laser treatment, but I'm not sure if it helped although I only had like two treatments or was it one. Anyhow, it made my skin darker and now my stretchmarks stand out more. Do you think the device you're using will help with stretchmarks, too? Thanks.

Hi nsas,

Stretch marks ARE a type of scar. There are different kinds of scars and all heal in slightly different ways but with the same main principle. (see here http://dermaroller.com/all-about-scars ). Stretch marks are trickiest though because they are so deep, as tinytots said. Which is why, when it comes to Dermarollers or the Dermapen, they recommend you using longer needle lengths to encourage healing in the deeper levels of the dermis. With the Time Master, of which I really do not know a whole lot about, this may be different though. The Time Master does not encourage immediate healing through trauma. It just encourages the production of natural collagen, so the process can be longer. If it takes longer, it may not be as effective with stretch marks (from the information I have gathered on the differences between other kinds of scars and stretch marks), and I am imagining that our only hope with stretch marks is to encourage it to heal at the deeper level of the dermis (if we want it to heal and not just temporarily make it APPEAR better with topicals). Well, that is just my understanding. When I say I want to heal my scars, stretch marks (butt and thighs) are included in that. I also have a boat-load of scars from my job Sad I need a new job!

(02-12-2013, 03:15 AM)Tinytots Wrote:  Hi timarie. Sure, I can look some stuff up for you. The second picture is the one I have. However, the one I bought was sold through a rep in my industry. So I know it is of good value. But I am wondering if microdermabrasion might be a better way for you to go. When I worked for a dr they would do this tx on scars but the bad part is you have to actually make the scar bleed. I know you can get a personal unit on eBay pretty cheap. I am finding the time master is working better for plumping and penetrating products better into the skin. I use it for the penetration of pm extract in a gel. Let me call my rep and see what her opinion is on the best way to treat scars. So many options out their. Even an acid peel would help before hand. But here is the other problem. All this causes a temporary injury to the skin inducing inflammation, so you could see it get better but in the long run would make it thinner. Any type of aggressive exfoliation thins the skin causing temporary swelling and inflammation. When doing this on your face you look great, plumped up, etc but after about 2 weeks it all goes away and you will occurs more damage and thinning. I know the scars are not on your face... Just saying.

Thank you! But as for microdermabrasion, I already have a microdermabrasion home kit. I have only used it a few times, and I imagine that it might "buff out" some creases and make some scars a little less noticeable as well as increase the collagen production in the area, but I don't think it encourages the same amount of healing as does the needle-form of mesotherapy. But you bring up a good point... the Time Master (from the way you have described it to me) seems to be comparable to microdermabrasion when it comes to stimulating hte area into producing more collagen. The advantage that the Time Master has over microdermabrasion is electroporation (so that one might add their own extra collagen or other healing products into the dermis), and the advantage that microdermabrasion has over the Time Master is the buffing effect. It seems that neither of these are a strong match for healing deep scar tissue such as stretch marks, as you mentioned the Time Master is probably not the best for scars. I will be interested to hear what your rep has to say about all of this! Thanks so much!

PS__ I found it very interesting how you mentioned about the acid peel, and how these treatments make the skin thinner. Thinner skin results in skin that is more likely to be fragile and damageable, and wrinkles down the road. What is interesting is that the mesotherapy with needles actually works by making your skin a little thicker, isn't that correct? I have read that from a few sources already and that makes sense to make the skin less prone to wrinkles... but a part of me wonders if it would be thicker enough for it to be noticeably different, such as a callous? I have watched youtube videos and none of the users of the dermaroller products seem to look calloused... actually it is the opposite... just firm, taut skin. It is interesting, nonetheless!

Thanks again for your help!

since you mentioned scar tissue, i thought i'd mention two items which might be of interest to you. maybe, they've been mentioned before, so, forgive me if they have. it's hard to have an original thought these days cuz always someone somewhere has already had it but here goes. i used both these before when they were recommended to me by a naturopath when i had some outpatient surgery.

the first is helichrysum, usually found in a base of really high quality oils and applied topically to scar tissue. here's one mention from http://www.annmariegianni.com/ingredient...atural-oil

'It’s one of the few essential oils that contain “diketones,” which help reduce scar tissue and stimulate the growth of new skin tissue.'

the other is serrapeptase. this one you take internally. here's a mention from http://www.serrapeptase.net/

' ...remarkable enzyme does one thing extremely well: it dissolves (digests) non-living protein cells and tissue while leaving healthy tissue untouched. Thus serrapeptase dissolves: scar tissue... '

anyway, i just mention in case you would find them of interest. hope you have good luck with everything. solomé

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon