Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Derma Roller

(03-12-2013, 10:35 AM)timarie Wrote:  
(02-12-2013, 03:15 AM)Tinytots Wrote:  Hi timarie. Sure, I can look some stuff up for you. The second picture is the one I have. However, the one I bought was sold through a rep in my industry. So I know it is of good value. But I am wondering if microdermabrasion might be a better way for you to go. When I worked for a dr they would do this tx on scars but the bad part is you have to actually make the scar bleed. I know you can get a personal unit on eBay pretty cheap. I am finding the time master is working better for plumping and penetrating products better into the skin. I use it for the penetration of pm extract in a gel. Let me call my rep and see what her opinion is on the best way to treat scars. So many options out their. Even an acid peel would help before hand. But here is the other problem. All this causes a temporary injury to the skin inducing inflammation, so you could see it get better but in the long run would make it thinner. Any type of aggressive exfoliation thins the skin causing temporary swelling and inflammation. When doing this on your face you look great, plumped up, etc but after about 2 weeks it all goes away and you will occurs more damage and thinning. I know the scars are not on your face... Just saying.
I will get back to ya this week with better information.Big Grin

Thank you! But as for microdermabrasion, I already have a microdermabrasion home kit. I have only used it a few times, and I imagine that it might "buff out" some creases and make some scars a little less noticeable as well as increase the collagen production in the area, but I don't think it encourages the same amount of healing as does the needle-form of mesotherapy. But you bring up a good point... the Time Master (from the way you have described it to me) seems to be comparable to microdermabrasion when it comes to stimulating hte area into producing more collagen. The advantage that the Time Master has over microdermabrasion is electroporation (so that one might add their own extra collagen or other healing products into the dermis), and the advantage that microdermabrasion has over the Time Master is the buffing effect. It seems that neither of these are a strong match for healing deep scar tissue such as stretch marks, as you mentioned the Time Master is probably not the best for scars. I will be interested to hear what your rep has to say about all of this! Thanks so much!

PS__ I found it very interesting how you mentioned about the acid peel, and how these treatments make the skin thinner. Thinner skin results in skin that is more likely to be fragile and damageable, and wrinkles down the road. What is interesting is that the mesotherapy with needles actually works by making your skin a little thicker, isn't that correct? I have read that from a few sources already and that makes sense to make the skin less prone to wrinkles... but a part of me wonders if it would be thicker enough for it to be noticeably different, such as a callous? I have watched youtube videos and none of the users of the dermaroller products seem to look calloused... actually it is the opposite... just firm, taut skin. It is interesting, nonetheless!

Thanks again for your help!
Hi timarie, your so right. Micro is not enough you would need dermabrasion which is done in the office under a topical numbing agent. Looks like the best effective way is the fraxel. Of course depending on the type of skin and damage you would need around 4 or more.
About the skin needling is yes, I have heard it is suppose to thicken the skin from underneath in the cellular layer. However, all these modalities cause inflammation which leads to cell death.
Http://www.amazon.com/Transform-Your-Ski...3529735Xad dr Ben Johnson's book.
This is his philosophy about exfolation causing inflammation and cell damage.

(04-12-2013, 02:15 PM)solomé_F Wrote:  since you mentioned scar tissue, i thought i'd mention two items which might be of interest to you. maybe, they've been mentioned before, so, forgive me if they have. it's hard to have an original thought these days cuz always someone somewhere has already had it but here goes. i used both these before when they were recommended to me by a naturopath when i had some outpatient surgery.

the first is helichrysum, usually found in a base of really high quality oils and applied topically to scar tissue. here's one mention from http://www.annmariegianni.com/ingredient...atural-oil

'It’s one of the few essential oils that contain “diketones,” which help reduce scar tissue and stimulate the growth of new skin tissue.'

the other is serrapeptase. this one you take internally. here's a mention from http://www.serrapeptase.net/

' ...remarkable enzyme does one thing extremely well: it dissolves (digests) non-living protein cells and tissue while leaving healthy tissue untouched. Thus serrapeptase dissolves: scar tissue... '

anyway, i just mention in case you would find them of interest. hope you have good luck with everything. solomé

Thank you so much, Solome! I will be sure to look into these. Smile

(10-12-2013, 05:21 AM)Tinytots Wrote:  Hi timarie, your so right. Micro is not enough you would need dermabrasion which is done in the office under a topical numbing agent. Looks like the best effective way is the fraxel. Of course depending on the type of skin and damage you would need around 4 or more.
About the skin needling is yes, I have heard it is suppose to thicken the skin from underneath in the cellular layer. However, all these modalities cause inflammation which leads to cell death.
Http://www.amazon.com/Transform-Your-Ski...3529735Xad dr Ben Johnson's book.
This is his philosophy about exfolation causing inflammation and cell damage.

Thank Tinytots! However, the link you posted is not working for me Sad I would like to see it too because I have not seen anything about this problem as all the users (even youtube users) of the skin needling has been nothing but positive, so I will need to see the other take. Can you check on the link, please?

OH SHOOT, it was working before. SorryDodgy
Here is the name of the book. Lots of great information.

Transform Your Skin, Naturally: Groundbreaking Alternatives to Exfoliation and Other Damaging Anti-Aging Strategies [Paperback]
Ben Johnson MD (Author)

(11-12-2013, 05:05 AM)Tinytots Wrote:  OH SHOOT, it was working before. SorryDodgy
Here is the name of the book. Lots of great information.

Transform Your Skin, Naturally: Groundbreaking Alternatives to Exfoliation and Other Damaging Anti-Aging Strategies [Paperback]
Ben Johnson MD (Author)

Um I was hoping for some information which I could see without having to pay money. Thanks for the name of the book though, but I just don't like spending money on information when there is so much information on the internet for free! Is that really the only place wherein you can find the concepts which you are trying to share with me?

I had a dermaroller I used for a piercing scar after a month it was mostly unnoticeable I used with a oil similar to bio oil but cheaper store brand.

So I caved in and purchased a dermaroller. Everyone seems thrilled about theirs on Youtube and other forums and that helped sway my decision. It came in the mail yesterday and so I tried it out. I used it with my own concoction of lemon, msm (dissolved) and honey. This was mainly lemon so it was a very liquidy substance. I used it on my face, neck, hands, arms and breasts! Blush

I must say, waking up this morning my skin looks far more radiant than it did the morning before! There is truly a glow and the acne scars on my chin are far more subtle. I am SOLD on this product!

I plan on using it once a week. I got the 2.0 mm but am using little pressure. I have a high pain tolerance so I can't speak for how it would feel on others but it feels fine to me.

(07-01-2014, 05:47 PM)Jenniferlove Wrote:  I plan on using it once a week. I got the 2.0 mm but am using little pressure. I have a high pain tolerance so I can't speak for how it would feel on others but it feels fine to me.

Wow 2.0 mm! I felt pain with a 1.0 mm roller already!

(07-01-2014, 05:47 PM)Jenniferlove Wrote:  So I caved in and purchased a dermaroller. Everyone seems thrilled about theirs on Youtube and other forums and that helped sway my decision. It came in the mail yesterday and so I tried it out. I used it with my own concoction of lemon, msm (dissolved) and honey. This was mainly lemon so it was a very liquidy substance. I used it on my face, neck, hands, arms and breasts! Blush

I must say, waking up this morning my skin looks far more radiant than it did the morning before! There is truly a glow and the acne scars on my chin are far more subtle. I am SOLD on this product!

I plan on using it once a week. I got the 2.0 mm but am using little pressure. I have a high pain tolerance so I can't speak for how it would feel on others but it feels fine to me.

Just be careful with sanitizing. I got the Dermapen in December and have not been able to use it yet because I have been too busy to be able to take a minute to do research on thorough cleansing. You ESPECIALLY need thorough cleansing with the Dermaroller, because of how it is designed. And from what I've read, 2.0m, is supposed to be able to draw blood. It doesn't sound like you did (did you?), probably because you are applying very little pressure (but I thought you were supposed to apply little pressure? maybe you are applying even less than you should??). Just, please be careful with your cleansing of the dermaroller, and there are some places where 2.0mm is not recommended for use as well (I'm sure you know). But yes, the entire concept of the "derma" devices sold me too! I just hope it doesn't cause eventual death to layers of the dermis as Tinytots eluded to. That is unfortunately always in the back of my mind. Otherwise I would be planning on using it like crazy Tongue

The following is for other readers:
What people need to know is that it is not something to whip out and use, that there are specific ways to clean it, and specific ways to use it as well. Especially the Dermaroller, as it punctures the skin at an angle, people need to know how to roll it correctly. Please do your research, people, before using such a device! It can do good things for your skin if and only if you use it safely and correctly. It is a medical device, so treat it as so!

(08-01-2014, 06:53 PM)timarie Wrote:  
(07-01-2014, 05:47 PM)Jenniferlove Wrote:  So I caved in and purchased a dermaroller. Everyone seems thrilled about theirs on Youtube and other forums and that helped sway my decision. It came in the mail yesterday and so I tried it out. I used it with my own concoction of lemon, msm (dissolved) and honey. This was mainly lemon so it was a very liquidy substance. I used it on my face, neck, hands, arms and breasts! Blush

Just be careful with sanitizing. I got the Dermapen in December and have not been able to use it yet because I have been too busy to be able to take a minute to do research on thorough cleansing. You ESPECIALLY need thorough cleansing with the Dermaroller, because of how it is designed. And from what I've read, 2.0m, is supposed to be able to draw blood. It doesn't sound like you did (did you?), probably because you are applying very little pressure (but I thought you were supposed to apply little pressure? maybe you are applying even less than you should??). Just, please be careful with your cleansing of the dermaroller, and there are some places where 2.0mm is not recommended for use as well (I'm sure you know). But yes, the entire concept of the "derma" devices sold me too! I just hope it doesn't cause eventual death to layers of the dermis as Tinytots eluded to. That is unfortunately always in the back of my mind. Otherwise I would be planning on using it like crazy Tongue

The following is for other readers:
What people need to know is that it is not something to whip out and use, that there are specific ways to clean it, and specific ways to use it as well. Especially the Dermaroller, as it punctures the skin at an angle, people need to know how to roll it correctly. Please do your research, people, before using such a device! It can do good things for your skin if and only if you use it safely and correctly. It is a medical device, so treat it as so!

Before and after use I will always run it over scalding water for a minute and then soak it in rubbing alcohol for around 5 minutes. Completely sanitizing your face or wherever you plan on using it is equally important.

I drew no blood, but my skin definitely got red.

Just a small update on my dermaroller. I've had it for several weeks now. I really am loving it. I am using it twice a week. I've read from professionals that 3 times is the maximum amount you should use it weekly. I've begun using it on my breasts too, right now not for growth in size but growth in collagen. I have been putting my breasts through so much with stretching from the noogleberry and moving the skin around constantly from massage. I think that it's important they have a lot of elasticity and collagen in them, which is what the dermaroller is designed to improve on.

Even Chiyomilk injected collagen into her breasts (yikes!) to keep them beautiful. As I've read, you cannot ingest nor apply collagen. I have a thread on that topic here: http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=16503. Neither ingesting or applying will actually help. You can only inject it for it to work. You have to eat foods that promote collagen growth or else use things like the dermaroller to encourage new collagen.

So far, so good. Skin on my face is looking beautiful. Been using it on my hands and they too are looking far more youthful. I definitely recommend this product guys!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon