Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

when can I restart herbs?

Hi all,

I had been taking fenugreek, and drinking homemade bustea for 3 months. I did twice daily massages one with flaxseed oil, and one with the almond oil, geranium oil, and ylang ylang mix. I also did chest exercises. I am not sure how much I grew since I didn't think to measure prior to starting, but I do know I did fill out some. My bras fit so much better now. Even my husband noticed the difference.

I had read that it is good to change up your herbs so this cycle I tried pm. I only made it 9 days in with it. At about day 5 I started with back aches. They seemed to come a few hours after taking pm, and they seemed to get worse each day. Once I quit the pm they went away.

It also seemed each month after my period I retained a little more of my luteal swelling, this month with pm though my boobs seemed smaller after my period stopped. So my question is when can I go back to the herbs that work for me? Can I start now, or wait till my next cycle? Should I keep with the program I had, I don't want to stall.

(24-09-2013, 03:27 PM)Lucky14 Wrote:  Hi all,

I had been taking fenugreek, and drinking homemade bustea for 3 months. I did twice daily massages one with flaxseed oil, and one with the almond oil, geranium oil, and ylang ylang mix. I also did chest exercises. I am not sure how much I grew since I didn't think to measure prior to starting, but I do know I did fill out some. My bras fit so much better now. Even my husband noticed the difference.

I had read that it is good to change up your herbs so this cycle I tried pm. I only made it 9 days in with it. At about day 5 I started with back aches. They seemed to come a few hours after taking pm, and they seemed to get worse each day. Once I quit the pm they went away.

It also seemed each month after my period I retained a little more of my luteal swelling, this month with pm though my boobs seemed smaller after my period stopped. So my question is when can I go back to the herbs that work for me? Can I start now, or wait till my next cycle? Should I keep with the program I had, I don't want to stall.

How much PM were you taking? Pill form or extract? I had stopped my herbs from side effects and started PM in the middle of my cycle. I use extract and I'm taking oral 1 drop per day with 2 drops in my massage base. I can feel a difference with only 1 drop. Pm is powerful so maybe you took to much to fast. But I would think you could restart the herbs anytime since you weren't doing a cleanse. Or if you gave your body a couple of days of rest like a week you should be fine.
Just my thoughts..

Hi Tinytots,
I was only taking 1 pm pill in the am and massaging with pm cream in the evening. I did try eliminating the cream but still had the backaches till I removed the pill. I wanted to start out slow with the pm.

I wonder if I would have the same problem with red clover? Maybe I need something not as strong as pm. I am built very petite even though I am 5'3".

I think I can play around a bit, my gyn checked my hormone levels back in June (prior to starting nbe). I have been having a bit of pms lately (mostly moodiness, irritability and temper issues), she wanted to check to see if I was in perimenopause but she said all my horomones were well within the normal range.

Maybe it's the brand of PM? What brand did you use?

Hi Jennifer,

I know it has been poo poo'd here but I bought the nature's answer. I bought it specifically because of the low pm content. I tend to be sensitive to medication in general so I figured start low then if I did ok, tolerance wise, I would move up to a higher milligram version.

(24-09-2013, 06:07 PM)Lucky14 Wrote:  Hi Tinytots,
I was only taking 1 pm pill in the am and massaging with pm cream in the evening. I did try eliminating the cream but still had the backaches till I removed the pill. I wanted to start out slow with the pm.

I wonder if I would have the same problem with red clover? Maybe I need something not as strong as pm. I am built very petite even though I am 5'3".

I think I can play around a bit, my gyn checked my hormone levels back in June (prior to starting nbe). I have been having a bit of pms lately (mostly moodiness, irritability and temper issues), she wanted to check to see if I was in perimenopause but she said all my horomones were well within the normal range.

I would probably say it was the pm. How many mgs? Ii take the aintrol pm extract at 1 drp which is 40mgs. And 2 or 3 dps in my massage base. And I'm having side effects from that. When I took fenugreek, saw palmetto , wild yam all from green bush I was so tired and exhausted at night but during the day I would get so mad and irritated easily.
It was up down all the time. With pm I am getting brain zaps, and tunnel fog. It's like I am Present but i don't feel like i am, its Almost mind numbing. Also not to mention the morning dose I have to make a quick run to the bathroom..
I though about red clover to. Definitely give it a try. Also maybe try every other day to start or every few days. I have to go slow to... Bummer...
Oh and also your hormones might be in normal range but could one be more strong than the others. I have high progesterone and fenugreek increases progesterone which can make you super tired. Did she give you the results if not I would ask for a copy.

Tinytots,

It was a 100mg pm, that also contained DIM, vitamin b12, biotin and folic acid. I kind of had the opposite experience of you mentally. I actually felt more "with it" mentally on pm. I also noticed that right after I stopped the pm, my face broke out. : (

It's been a couple weeks since I took the fenugreek, I might just go back to that since it didn't bother me and it did seem to work for me. I was thinking of adding wild yam to help with pms.

I am going to call my gyn and see if I can get a copy of my labs rather than go by what she said.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon