Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

protein shakes and bo

waiting for ultra breast its meant to be better with protien shake so how much protien is recommended, Which type?
If you take a protein shake which and how much I'm new to protein supplements so any information is help or if there are cheaper ways to make your own I have heard raw eggs and powdered milk in a shake would this work?

(01-10-2013, 08:28 AM)BonitaDDs Wrote:  waiting for ultra breast its meant to be better with protien shake so how much protien is recommended, Which type?
If you take a protein shake which and how much I'm new to protein supplements so any information is help or if there are cheaper ways to make your own I have heard raw eggs and powdered milk in a shake would this work?

Hey Bonita

Your raw egg and powdered milk should be fine! The reason we are advised to consume shakes while on BO is for the amino acids, which can be found in both eggs and milk. Honestly, whey protein powder IS milk, just without the casein (casein is the part sitting at the top when milk curdles, and whey is the more liquified part underneath). As for which protein shake to take, any should be fine (they all have amino acids) but if you're concerned about health, look for low (or no! ) sugars and low calorie. I take whey shakes from Optimum Nutrition and used to from BSN. Both are trusted names. There are more but I am on my phone right now and opening multiple tabs is aggravating Tongue You can search around and pass a few by me if you'd like.

As for how much, I cannot say, because I never bothered to look into it because I get enough already anyway Tongue Maybe someone else can contribute here? I think I read someone somewhere recommending two shakes a day, but I think what it all boils down to is how much amino acids you are getting in your diet. I know that for body/figure builders they consume no less than their body weight in grams of protein per day, but I imagine that for boobie growth it wouldn't be as much. If I were you, I'd shot for 70-75% of your body weight in grams of protein (so if you weigh 145lbs, consume about 100-110 grams of protein per day). Well, that is the rule of thumb for a normal diet without trying to grow muscles or boobs, so feel free to go over that amount!

Thanks so much timarie yh my diets not bad I'm not big fan for meat though mainly fresh fish so I should only need one or 2 shakes I'll try the recipe I found with some cola cau because raw eggs don't taste bad really like liking the spoon when you bake.
Whey protein is just faster absorbed than milk is that right so nbe not too worried because fast is more important for work out?

(01-10-2013, 02:39 PM)BonitaDDs Wrote:  Thanks so much timarie yh my diets not bad I'm not big fan for meat though mainly fresh fish so I should only need one or 2 shakes I'll try the recipe I found with some cola cau because raw eggs don't taste bad really like liking the spoon when you bake.
Whey protein is just faster absorbed than milk is that right so nbe not too worried because fast is more important for work out?

You're EXACTLY right Smile Fast IS more important for a workout and of no need to those just trying to help breast growth.

Milk is composed of both fast (whey) and slow (casein) digesting proteins, which is why muscle builders take them often seperately, depending on the situation of the need for slow or fast digesting protein. The BO companies probably recommend whey protein shakes for one or both of two reasons (I'm guessing): 1) Shakes are a more convenient (although more expensive) way to get your amino acid needs. Recommending something more convenient means that their customers will more likely stick to the high protein diet. Therefore, they will more likely have success, which will reflect well on the company. 2) If they recommend a specific protein powder, they're definitely getting kickbacks!

As for your fish, that is good, but the eggs are even better because they have all 9 essential amino acids (and so does red meat). This is why variety is so important, because depending on the protein source, there are different amino acids present and we need all 9 that our bodies do not produce on their own (our bodies produce 13 and we need 22).

So yeah, as long as you remember to eat a variety of protein sources AND spread it throughout the day, you'll be set. A person (depending on whether or not they work out and how much body/muscle mass they have) typically can digest anywhere from 20 to 30 grams every two hours. So that it doesn't go to waste, be sure to spread out your intake!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon