Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

L-Tyrosine

Hi

I've read up on Holland & Barrett's website (a UK herbal shop), and it gives this information:

Protein makes up the structure of all cells and tissues in the body, including muscle tissue, internal organs, tendons, skin, hair and nails.

The 20 amino acids are the building blocks of protein. 12 of these amino acids can be made in the body so are referred to as non-essential amino acids, whilst the other 8 are known as essential amino acids as they must be supplied in the diet.

Tyrosine is a non-essential amino acid.

What I want to know is:
Is L-Tyrosine a protein capsule - is it like a protein shake? Or do you need to take the L-Tyrosine to help the protein you consume (either through shakes or through diet) work and get into your system better?

Also, I don't understand what it is saying regarding amino acids. Can anyone give a easier understanding please.

Thanks

(09-10-2013, 10:11 PM)djt-d Wrote:  What I want to know is:
Is L-Tyrosine a protein capsule - is it like a protein shake? Or do you need to take the L-Tyrosine to help the protein you consume (either through shakes or through diet) work and get into your system better?

Tyrosine is not protein itself but the body can use it to make protein. The protein you eat in your diet is made up of amino acids.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon