Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Anyone tried MACA?

im taking it cuz I want a bigger bum... but I heard u can get acne from it so I should take saw palmetto but from experience with saw palmetto... it gave me acne :/ has anyone experienced acne with this?

(13-10-2013, 05:26 AM)AthenaGirl Wrote:  im taking it cuz I want a bigger bum... but I heard u can get acne from it so I should take saw palmetto but from experience with saw palmetto... it gave me acne :/ has anyone experienced acne with this?

Maca never worked for me. Honestly it is only an adaptogen so I don't understand really how it would give anyone a bum unless it somehow increased testosterone by acting as an adaptogen (don't know how yet, but...) which would be how it would give a person acne, but saw palmetto? Saw palmetto (which is not a great antiandrogen, btw) is supposed to reduce the amount of testosterone in your body. So, I am just pointing out that this is an odd combination. Why not work out your butt? It is more effective and has better results anyway....

Maca only seems to work on some people its best to take with butt workouts anyway. Some people just gain weight with it because it can increase appetite I read someone say increases belly fat, but if your underweight or something maybe it would help.
I agree with timarie the simplest way to build a nice butt is working out because it will work for everyone if they do it right.

What exactly is an adaptogen? And I r just seen around the web that many girls grew a butt with this. I did start working my butt tho once taking the maca Smile I also heard maca balance ur hormones so I thought it would be good either way :0
(13-10-2013, 11:09 AM)timarie Wrote:  
(13-10-2013, 05:26 AM)AthenaGirl Wrote:  im taking it cuz I want a bigger bum... but I heard u can get acne from it so I should take saw palmetto but from experience with saw palmetto... it gave me acne :/ has anyone experienced acne with this?

Maca never worked for me. Honestly it is only an adaptogen so I don't understand really how it would give anyone a bum unless it somehow increased testosterone bu acting as an adaptogen (don't know how yet, but...) which would be how it would give a person acne, but saw palmetto? Saw palmetto (which is not a great antiandrogen, btw) is supposed to reduce the amount of testosterone in your body. So, I am just pointing out that this is an odd combination. Why not work out your butt? It is more effective and has better results anyway....

You are one of those girls...
You really never know what will yield the results you are looking for. What most of us have observed on this forum from the use of Maca.

The riddle:
While some booties grow, some boobies grow, while some booties don't grow, some boobies don't grow...

While some grow acne, some grow hairy, leaving them quite contraryTongue

Its the book of "you never know until you try it." I suggest reading more about balancing out the endocrine system as a whole. You may find a better answer there.

(13-10-2013, 06:10 PM)AthenaGirl Wrote:  What exactly is an adaptogen? And I r just seen around the web that many girls grew a butt with this. I did start working my butt tho once taking the maca Smile I also heard maca balance ur hormones so I thought it would be good either way :0

An adaptogen is something that balances the hormones Wink Adaptogens can work in different ways, too. Fenugreek for example is an adaptogen that "raises the roof" of the allowance of hormones, allowing one to have higher healthier levels of balanced hormones. I am not exactly sure how Maca works Sad But Bonita made a very interesting point though!

(13-10-2013, 04:51 PM)BonitaDDs Wrote:  Some people just gain weight with it because it can increase appetite I read someone say increases belly fat, but if your underweight or something maybe it would help.

... this might be the very reason that people gain butts easier! Caloric intake is crucial to building a butt when working out, so if Maca increases one's appetite, well there you have it. And for those who gain a booty on Maca without working out, it may be because they have a body shape that allows them to deposit their fat on their buttox first and the increase in calories from the increase in appetite from the Maca will allow for more fat to be deposited. This might very well be the reason for the butt gain from the maca, and the occasional belly gains that some will get (because their body type has them deposit it on their bellies!). Me, my appetite increased a little but my metabolism was so high that the increase did not seem to do enough for me to make a difference. Ah, it makes more sense to me now! Thanks for that, Bonita.

And Tibetan... your riddle... priceless. haha

I've been on maca for a few weeks now, and I haven't seen any real significant changes. I'm taking just 500mg in the am, and 500mg in the pm. I've been trying not to over do it, because I'm well aware of its adaptogen properties. So I've been increasing SP and drinking Spearmint tea. But it made me break out in CRAZY acne only a day after starting.
I thought I noticed a small increase in my muscle gain the first week of use, but I'm unsure about whether it's because of maca, or my workouts are just doing their job.

I also noticed a lot of people say that the powder would be best to take. I was at bulk barn today (not sure if any of you have that store) and they sell raw organic maca powder. They were selling it at $16.99/lb. Is that too pricey?
I'm thinking of switching to powder, but I don't know if that price is too steep, or should I order online? I'm not intending to grow a bigger butt (I wouldn't complain), I'm mostly using it in aid with weight gain.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon