Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Help please!

Hello, I took two herbs (Pueraria Mirifca and Red Clover) a few months ago. Prior to taking these herbs I was getting PMS symptoms before menstruation (I would get hungry, tired, depressed, grumpy, breakouts, etc). Well, a few months ago I started taking Pueraria Mirifica in the second half of my cycle, and Red Clover in the first half. I experienced NO problems with this. Only when I switched and started taking Red Clover in the SECOND half of my cycle and Pueraria Mirifica in the FIRST half of my cycle have I started experiencing PMS-like symptoms after menstruation has ended. Also, I have been getting migraines before menstruation.

When I went to the doctors awhile back, before taking any herbs, I was low in progesterone during the second half of my cycle. (I had no problems with migraines at this time).

I took these herbs initially to get some breast growth, which I didn't see much unfortunately--I don't think I was taking enough, but now its been a few cycles that I haven't taken ANY herbs and I'm still getting my PMS after my period. It's causing a lot of issues for me, mainly migraines. Since you all are very knowledgable about herbs and hormones, what hormone could I be high in during the first half of the month now, and what hormone might be high in the second half? Also, do you think taking Red Clover in the first half, and PM in the second will help to revert my hormones back to their normal cycle? Thanks

My best guess is RC during your whole cycle and progesterone cream during your 2nd half. Lay off the PM for now until your issues clear up; you're unlikely to grow from an imbalance anyway. After the issues clear up use PM during the first half and RC & PC during the 2nd half.

My reasoning is that estrogen is supposed to be higher in the first half and lower in the 2nd half, but always present. Progesterone is supposed to be higher in the 2nd half. But you already have too much estrogen, and naturally even more in the first half, so adding PM overloaded you. RC is much weaker than PM so it may be used the whole month, and it could even block some of your excess during the first half. Once you get better the idea is high estrogen in the first half (and no extra progesterone) + low estrogen and high progesterone in the 2nd half.

B vitamins such as those found in whole grains or bran, 2000 IU vitamin D and 1-2 tsp fish oil may help too.

WILD YAM is one of the best Progesterone herbs for me, best in creme form, PM is best for body enhancment, its not about more, sometimes more hurts your balance, it about balance, you'll know when your there, you can feel it.
Annie

(01-11-2013, 08:17 PM)Annie-T Wrote:  WILD YAM is one of the best Progesterone herbs for me, best in creme form, PM is best for body enhancment, its not about more, sometimes more hurts your balance, it about balance, you'll know when your there, you can feel it.
Annie

No, wild yam is most often useless.

Surferjoe once again speaks wisdom.

PM and WildYam work best in combinations, like the body does.no single type estrogen type can work by its self optimally .the parts that responds to hormone therapy have multi receptors and work differently depending on how the hormone is cycled and how the potancy is varied.So getting it right is no easy task.what works for me may not for you.
Annie

WY is not progesterone nor a direct phytoestrogen. It is an amplifier that increases your sensitivity to everything else and works well in combination with, PM, RC, progesterone cream or anything else. It may balance you out if you have at least a little existing progesterone to work with. Fenugreek, goat's rue and shatavari are similar, and unlike other herbs there seems to be no upper limit for these even with tens of grams. More => more. Except that you need an extract, tea or sprouts to handle large amounts, some people are less tolerant than others so try low amounts first, and GR is toxic in very large amounts and too much should not be used (the other 3 are non-toxic). Combining things like RC that really are phytoestrogens with PM generally only weakens the PM.

So you could do RC + PC, and on top of that use WY, FG, GR and/or Sv if you want.

why is it that estrogen has many more varieties then the andro counter part testoserone.this unfairly puts us at risk of having things tilted out of wack if one of its parts is out of balance.having a nice figure requires having our hormones finely tuned like a race car, otherwise we loose the race.men have it easy in compare some.
AnnieAngry

in the first half of our monthly cycle we are naturally estrogen dom.second half we should be progest dom.poor body we dont have a chance to feel "NORMAL".
AnnieHuh

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon