Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Milk and high androgens?

I was just wondering if girls with high androgens should try to aviod drinking too much milk. I have had some problems with acne lately and been wondering what could be the cause. I went away for a week and during that time I didn't drink any milk and my skin cleared up. I usually drink a LOT of milk and I increased my milk intake around the same time I got acne. Could be a coincidence. I have been reading on the internet that there is an association between acne and milk consumption so I am trying to drink only milk with my cerial in the mornings. There is a diffinate connection between milk and acne but not known why. Cheryl pointed out to me that I might be doing something that is increasing my testosterone levels and I was wondering if milk could be the culprit. Any ideas or thoughts on this matter?

go soy then

I hate soy Wink but thanks for the input. Decreasing milk seems to do the trick for now at least. The reason I put this thread on the forum are my thoughts that milk might raise testosterone (especially for girls with borderline high) which might be bad for breast growth. My acne is just an indication that much milk might be bad for us testosterone high girls!

Hm, who would've thought that milk contributed to high androgen symptoms? I guess in a way I'm glad I don't drink all that much besides when eating cereal. Don't wanna revert to the 'pizza face' look I had goin' on back in middle school! XD

Maybe you could change the type of milk you drink.. brand

i drink flavored soy milk, it taste like cookies and cream, its really yummy, the brand is ensure, hope it helps.

Hi cousinrose. I know you said that you did not like the taste of soy milk. I have always been lactose intolerant. But over the last few years it has become worse. So I switched to Silk, DHA Omega 3 abd calcium, plain flavor. It took a little getting used to but I like it now. The other flavors I did not care for.

tootles

I don't know about milk and androgens. But I have been having acne from age eleven and have found that leaving milk and all other milk products (like cheese, butter, etc.) from my diet definately clears up my skin!!! When I start drinking milk or eating cheese or ice cream, the acne comes back.

I am lactose intolerance so I take Whey Protein Isolate now. It is a by product of cheese and it help my skin to clear up. Yogurt helps to clear my skin from pimples and acne too.

I am not sure whether milk will contribute to high androgen but I have learn from an expert who own a farm that produce goat's milk in my country. According to him adults have bad digestion when it comes to milk with majority of us having lactose intolerance or gassy tummy when consuming milk. Even when we drink plenty of milk we will have difficult time absorbing the nutrients. He tell me to use yogurt and cheese instead because those are products that can be digested by adults. Milk are for babies. If you insist of taking milk then take capsule probiotics. This will make sure everything is digested. Probiotics also help your skin to clear up. I took them for few months now my skin has since clear up from acne and pimples.

Thanks for all your replys Smile You are so helpful!!

My problem is also that I live in a very small town and kind of old fashioned so the variety of foods are very limitied. We only have one brand of milk in the entire country and only one brand of soy milk in the supermarket in my town so I don't exactly have a lot of choices.

I read about the probiotics and they sound like a good idea. I am thinking about giving it a try Smile I eat a lot of one milk product that is similar to yogurt, but has much more protein in it, and would love to continue eating it since I am a lacto-ovo vegetarian and having problems finding good protein sources.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon