Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Brava rash/spots won't go away!

I've been using Brava for about 6 weeks with good results so far, but the rash/red spots/itching is driving me mad. I have what basically looks like acne on my entire cleavage area and on my underboobs. It's horrible. I can't wear any low cut tops and I certainly cannot show my breasts too anyone, which is a big problem because I have a big date Saturday night! I need a solution desperately. I would take a break from Brava but the time it would take would completely reverse all my progress. Wearing Brava is such a drag, especially because I get so itchy, but I don't want to give up because I feel the results will be worth it.

Any suggestions on how to make these spots go away? I've tried covering then with silicone sheets while wearing the cups, which did nothing to help. I tried Gold Bond extra strength healing anti itch cream, no dice. Aloe Vera gel, no joy. I'm desperate, any ideas?

(20-11-2013, 07:45 PM)fozzie Wrote:  I've been using Brava for about 6 weeks with good results so far, but the rash/red spots/itching is driving me mad. I have what basically looks like acne on my entire cleavage area and on my underboobs. It's horrible. I can't wear any low cut tops and I certainly cannot show my breasts too anyone, which is a big problem because I have a big date Saturday night! I need a solution desperately. I would take a break from Brava but the time it would take would completely reverse all my progress. Wearing Brava is such a drag, especially because I get so itchy, but I don't want to give up because I feel the results will be worth it.

Any suggestions on how to make these spots go away? I've tried covering then with silicone sheets while wearing the cups, which did nothing to help. I tried Gold Bond extra strength healing anti itch cream, no dice. Aloe Vera gel, no joy. I'm desperate, any ideas?

Wow. The only thing I could think of is your skin might be prone to be over sensitive to the brava rim materials. I use the therapy cup rims and I had no rashes. I would say you might be want to remove in between take to clean your surrounding skin, the rims and the cups instead leaving them on your breasts marathonly (!).
-V

ps: did your brava rim change the color yet?

I decided to take a break from Brava to get the rash to go away. It's been 2 nights and it seems to be fading a bit. The good news is that my breasts have pretty much kept their volume! I've been using Bosom Beauty 1-2 times a day, which I guess is helping. To answer your question, no the rims haven't changed color but little bits of silicone are starting to come off.

(23-11-2013, 12:26 AM)fozzie Wrote:  I decided to take a break from Brava to get the rash to go away. It's been 2 nights and it seems to be fading a bit. The good news is that my breasts have pretty much kept their volume! I've been using Bosom Beauty 1-2 times a day, which I guess is helping. To answer your question, no the rims haven't changed color but little bits of silicone are starting to come off.

That is what happened to me after 5 weeks of use. Mine got so raw I couldn't continue. I sweat a lot. Hopefully taking a break and still using the BB will keep you from looseing what you gained. Wink

Update: After a few days off and some improvement to my skin, I started Brava overnight again. And the red spots and itching have come back worse than ever. Some of the spots are broken, weepy skin and others are like blood that has risen to just below the surface of the skin. It's hideous. Plus, the itching is unbearable. Last night I put on Brava at around 11 p.m. and went to sleep. By 1 a.m. I awoke with prickling and itching so intense I had to rip the domes right off my chest and scratch the itch until my skin was raw. I'm sure this just makes it worse, but when something itches that intensely you don't have much choice!

Ugh, I'm so frustrated. I don't want to thwart my progress but how can I keep wearing Brava with these problems??

I'd try putting like thin plastic food wrap over them... so they still seal but they are not in direct contact with your skin.... also try some Monistat Chaffing Powder Gel.... reducing friction and irritation....

(30-11-2013, 04:28 AM)karren Wrote:  I'd try putting like thin plastic food wrap over them... so they still seal but they are not in direct contact with your skin.... also try some Monistat Chaffing Powder Gel.... reducing friction and irritation....

Good ideas, Karren, thanks! I'll try the food wrap and report back.

I think you will find your having an allergic reaction. If the cups have latex it is a common allergy and will get worse every time, your best bet other than not using it is to get some nitrile rubber sheets or use nitrile glove on the cups.
Most EMS and Hospitals no longer carry any latex items because of allergic reactions . EMTs , nurses and doctors have developed allergies from extended contact with Latex.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon