Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

When do I take progesterone cream?? Thanks.

BlushHi lovelies.
I have come off my natureday pills programme, for a while (if not forever) .. but that remains to be seen..

So to cut a long story short, after weight gain around my tummy and hips, extreme moods and emotional outbursts followed by a very short cycle, its not worth the .5" increase!

I'm quite happy about this to be honest, feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Progesterone cream (wild yam cream). Please advise if you think taking this may help balance out the extra estrogens I have taken over the past 3 months and if so at what stage do I apply it?

Thanks in advance.

I am using progesterone cream to normalize my cycle which was thrown off by taking PM. But the PC i use is not from wild yam. I read through some threads here and online that wild yam is not converted by the human body into progesterone.

I use PC as per bottle instruction. Starting from the 12th day of my cycle and for 14 days. Smile

(29-11-2013, 07:13 AM)Koko Wrote:  I am using progesterone cream to normalize my cycle which was thrown off by taking PM. But the PC i use is not from wild yam. I read through some threads here and online that wild yam is not converted by the human body into progesterone.

I use PC as per bottle instruction. Starting from the 12th day of my cycle and for 14 days. Smile

ohhh thanks koko, shows you how much I know! I thought wild yam WAS progesterone cream or PC was derived from wildyam ha ha. but thanks for that Smile

(29-11-2013, 07:13 AM)Koko Wrote:  I am using progesterone cream to normalize my cycle which was thrown off by taking PM. But the PC i use is not from wild yam. I read through some threads here and online that wild yam is not converted by the human body into progesterone.

just a quick note the PC cream I ordered from iherb is natural progesterone cream with no mention of wild yam so yay! thanks again

Smile Good to know!

If you take wild yam your body won't be able to turn that into progesterone. Those natural / bioidentical Progesterone creams are made as follows:

"Laboratories take wild yam or soybean, extract a plant hormone called diosgenin, and convert that to progesterone. Diosgenin does not turn into progesterone in human body. The conversion has to be done in laboratories."

I quoted it from this website: http://home.hiwaay.net/~eueda/progesterone/whatis.htm

Here are also good informations about progesterone: http://voices.yahoo.com/learn-real-truth...html?cat=2

(29-11-2013, 03:23 PM)peggy Wrote:  If you take wild yam your body won't be able to turn that into progesterone. Those natural / bioidentical Progesterone creams are made as follows:

"Laboratories take wild yam or soybean, extract a plant hormone called diosgenin, and convert that to progesterone. Diosgenin does not turn into progesterone in human body. The conversion has to be done in laboratories."

I quoted it from this website: http://home.hiwaay.net/~eueda/progesterone/whatis.htm

Here are also good informations about progesterone: http://voices.yahoo.com/learn-real-truth...html?cat=2

thanks for that peggy. ive read the article, im now confident this brand I brought is the real deal. and glad you posted this as I wouldn't have known the difference. god bless iherb! - ps I only hope as its derived from soy its not GMO!

Sad WHAT THE HELL!!!
the cream turned up (usp natural progesterone) derived from soy etc.
ANYWAY theres a warning on the label stating in the land of California this product contains a chemical progesterone which is known to cause cancer...

I appreciate there doesn't seem to be anything that doesn't cause C these days :s but talk about putting the ****s up me about taking it now Sad

ELLACRAIG, I also have a cream with USP progesterone from iherb and saw the warning on the label. However I am not sure if they mean the bio-identical progesterone or if they refer to the synthetic progesterone which most of the doctors prescribe. Huh The label doesn't say that the cream contains a chemical progesterone. The label says:

"California Proposition 65 Warning: This product contains progesterone, a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. Consult with your physician before using this product."

I know that bio-identical progesterone helps prevent breast cancer. So maybe they refer to the synthetic progesterone which (I think) increases the risk of cancer, also like synthetic estrogen.

(29-11-2013, 09:14 PM)peggy Wrote:  ELLACRAIG, I also have a cream with USP progesterone from iherb and saw the warning on the label. However I am not sure if they mean the bio-identical progesteron or if they refer to the synthetic progesteron which most of the doctors prescribe. Huh

That's a good point peggy but surely in defence of their own product they would have clarified that their cream wasn't the cancer causing type. Either that or their company is monitored by the FDA and have to put that on their label irrespective of which type of progesterone it is. I will email the company and ask for clarification. Either that or go down a safer route and use b6 vit c zinc magnesium etc . Either way for the purposes of why I wanted to try it I wanted to use the cream.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon