Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Im giving up coffee today!!!!! Annnnd ive found

(04-01-2014, 06:58 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(04-01-2014, 06:44 PM)peggy Wrote:  I drink 1 to 2 cups of homemade Kombucha and I love it. Smile

*GOOGLESKOMBUCHA*

oo peggy I have found kombucha at my health shop, so I might try and get some today! it actually looks really nice! im really looking forward to trying it. unfortunately if I pick some up today il have to get hubby to take me there and he is VERY against me spending money on health items Sad he thinks its all rubbish.

You could try Rooibos tea. I really like it and its very healthy. Smile

http://www.naturesupplies.co.uk/healthne...nd-energy/

(04-01-2014, 07:23 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  oo peggy I have found kombucha at my health shop, so I might try and get some today! it actually looks really nice! im really looking forward to trying it. unfortunately if I pick some up today il have to get hubby to take me there and he is VERY against me spending money on health items Sad he thinks its all rubbish.

Store bought Kombucha is not that good, at least this is what I read (never tried it). I got a Kombucha scoby from someone and started brewing my own Kombucha. And I love it. All you need is a Kombucha scoby, green or black tea and sugar. Don't worry about the sugar. During the fermentation process (which takes around 14 days) the scoby eats up all the sugar and in the ready Kombucha tea almost no sugar is left. Smile

(04-01-2014, 07:30 PM)peggy Wrote:  
(04-01-2014, 07:23 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  oo peggy I have found kombucha at my health shop, so I might try and get some today! it actually looks really nice! im really looking forward to trying it. unfortunately if I pick some up today il have to get hubby to take me there and he is VERY against me spending money on health items Sad he thinks its all rubbish.

Store bought Kombucha is not that good, at least this is what I read (never tried it). I got a Kombucha scoby from someone and started brewing my own Kombucha. And I love it. All you need is a Kombucha scoby, green or black tea and sugar. Don't worry about the sugar. During the fermentation process (which takes around 14 days) the scoby eats up all the sugar and in the ready Kombucha tea almost no sugar is left. Smile

Sorry I haven't researched it throroughly yet but if Kombucha has tea in it there must be a caffeine content to it then?
Ps having researched the Rooibos I will buy that hands down, it has incredible properties doesn't it.
Just quietly I'd like to try both to be honest. I've said it before but its a physocological thing for me, I need to know I'm getting some sort of replacement boost to caffeine and I think I can really kick it. The Inka is actually strong and for me that's good, so that along with Rooibos and a little kombucha sounds really good.
You know a lot about all this don't you Smile

Yes a little bit of caffeine is left, but that is not very much.

Quote:Does Kombucha Wonder Drink contain caffeine or sugar?

Kombucha Wonder Drink contains small amounts of caffeine and sugar. Caffeine content ranges from 2-6 mg per 7 oz serving and has the equivalent of 1/3 of a typical cup of coffee. In our different flavors, we use either organic oolong tea, organic green tea, or herbal tea resulting in small amounts of caffeine. Our products have an average of 50 calories and an average of 12 mg of sugar per serving.

More on this website: http://www.wonderdrink.com/questions/

But you can make your own decaffeinated Kombucha. Read here:

http://www.kombuchacultures.com/faq_remo...feine.html

(04-01-2014, 07:45 PM)peggy Wrote:  Yes a little bit of caffeine is left, but that is not very much.

Quote:Does Kombucha Wonder Drink contain caffeine or sugar?

Kombucha Wonder Drink contains small amounts of caffeine and sugar. Caffeine content ranges from 2-6 mg per 7 oz serving and has the equivalent of 1/3 of a typical cup of coffee. In our different flavors, we use either organic oolong tea, organic green tea, or herbal tea resulting in small amounts of caffeine. Our products have an average of 50 calories and an average of 12 mg of sugar per serving.

More on this website: http://www.wonderdrink.com/questions/

But you can make your own decaffeinated Kombucha. Read here:

http://www.kombuchacultures.com/faq_remo...feine.html

Awesome, thank you peggy.
I'm really looking forward to trying the Rooibos too. Esp as it claims to help with allergies for which I'm suffering big time with at the moment especially in the mornings. So cant wait to try

You are welcome. I hope you will find it in your country. Keep us updated.

hi. i just wanted to add in because i don't want to drink coffee everyday but every morning i drink a very strong cup. and i don't want to. i really want to regard coffee as an occasional luxury drink and not feel too guilty when i get a coffee buzz with an expensive and decadent cappuccino. but, i get off the wagon, then i get back on. i quit then i don't quit. i laugh at coffee addicts and then the following week, i'm an addict.

i drank this japanese shincha wakana for awhile. i really like it but now i'm back being weak so, i've been cutting my coffee in half since the summer by adding chicory. it's not bad at all, really. i love when i add it to hot water and the water turns this beautiful caramel and it smells like sugar when it's being caramelized almost to the point of burning but not burning. and then, i add only half the coffee i would have added. the stuff i get is called coffee partner. i'm sure lots of companies sell chicory. anyway, it's how i've been dealing with it. one day i won't be weak anymore. and then, i will be the one telling coffee what to do. coffee is like a drug cartel thug and every morning he's slapping me around and hitting me with the butt of his gun. the thug doesn't know that chicory is taking his power away. i don't dislike coffee. i just don't want to be coffee's bitch. anyway, this has been my latest tactic.

(04-01-2014, 07:56 PM)solomé_F Wrote:  hi. i just wanted to add in because i don't want to drink coffee everyday but every morning i drink a very strong cup. and i don't want to. i really want to regard coffee as an occasional luxury drink and not feel too guilty when i get a coffee buzz with an expensive and decadent cappuccino. but, i get off the wagon, then i get back on. i quit then i don't quit. i laugh at coffee addicts and then the following week, i'm an addict.

i drank this japanese shincha wakana for awhile. i really like it but now i'm back being weak so, i've been cutting my coffee in half since the summer by adding chicory. it's not bad at all, really. i love when i add it to hot water and the water turns this beautiful caramel and it smells like sugar when it's being caramelized almost to the point of burning but not burning. and then, i add only half the coffee i would have added. the stuff i get is called coffee partner. i'm sure lots of companies sell chicory. anyway, it's how i've been dealing with it. one day i won't be weak anymore. and then, i will be the one telling coffee what to do. coffee is like a drug cartel thug and every morning he's slapping me around and hitting me with the butt of his gun. the thug doesn't know that chicory is taking his power away. i don't dislike coffee. i just don't want to be coffee's bitch. anyway, this has been my latest tactic.

ha ha I love how you put that lol. thanks that really sounds great, soo many alternatives to look into now. I guess the good thing about mixing it up you'll never get bored :p OK another thing to add to the shopping list!

at the end of the day I have heard many women on here suddenly get growth when they stop coffee! my mum and sister are both big busted and neither drink coffee so for me its worth a shot!

(04-01-2014, 08:00 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(04-01-2014, 07:56 PM)solomé_F Wrote:  hi. i just wanted to add in because i don't want to drink coffee everyday but every morning i drink a very strong cup. and i don't want to. i really want to regard coffee as an occasional luxury drink and not feel too guilty when i get a coffee buzz with an expensive and decadent cappuccino. but, i get off the wagon, then i get back on. i quit then i don't quit. i laugh at coffee addicts and then the following week, i'm an addict.

ha ha I love how you put that lol. thanks that really sounds great, soo many alternatives to look into now. I guess the good thing about mixing it up you'll never get bored :p OK another thing to add to the shopping list!

at the end of the day I have heard many women on here suddenly get growth when they stop coffee! my mum and sister are both big busted and neither drink coffee so for me its worth a shot!

sometimes, i think i may be a little crazy, experimenting too much. i like peggy's suggestions. they're so much healthier. for the longest time, i grew wheatgrass and started off each morning juicing with a bit of fresh ginger. during the warmer months, it's more difficult to grow unless you can keep the temperature down, after all, it is a winter wheat seed. anyway, i've started growing it again, but you know how it is, afterward, your body still likes the little kick and, i know, a big part of that is psychological. i've found that having a little bit of a ritual helps, you know, where you kind of focus your attention on the new drink you're trying to fall in love with. i'm going to the store, now. i'll pick up some of the rooibos and see if i can establish some intimacy. anyway, i need some commitment. at least, after coffee, i mix up a nutritional drink with a lot of different things in it. really ridiculous, though. i think there are about 19-20 different items, dry and liquid. i don't think i'm obsessive. just, every now and then, i get driven. you know, like ms daisy. haha

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon