Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

how much shatavari

Hello everyone,
I want to start herbal routin and was looking into using shatavari instead of fg due to its smell.how much is the recommended dose of shatavari?

(10-12-2013, 06:23 PM)sandy111 Wrote:  Hello everyone,
I want to start herbal routin and was looking into using shatavari instead of fg due to its smell.how much is the recommended dose of shatavari?

I read about shatavari on ayurvedic website but did not see dosage
Also lotus seeds was mentioned . There is also another herb will post after searching for that article

I've seen a few websites that say traditionally 2 grams to 20 grams is used. But I think it is stronger than fenugreek so you might get away with less than 2 grams. I've also seen studies with far far more than 20 grams (often via a concentrated extract) with both increased effect and no toxicity at all.

So basically you can take practically any amount in the world. However much helps you out. But your stomach can't handle huge amounts so past a certain point you'd need an extract or tea. You could start by taking a bit less than however much FG you were taking. I'll guess 1/2 to 2/3, but I don't know exactly.

Thanks for your replies ladies.Will do some trial of dosage starting around 1800mg. I haven't seen lots of options for this herb as in extract.I shop from iherb since they have affordable ans fast international shipping. Unfortunately this herbs is way more expensive than FG.

(10-12-2013, 06:23 PM)sandy111 Wrote:  Hello everyone,

The appropriate dosage will depend on different factors like your age, health, and if you're taking any other kind of medication. I usually take one capsule two times each day with my meals. Remember that when you take natural products it will take some time for it to get absorbed by the body. So you won't see any immediate results. Just 1 capsule a day should be enough for you. According to increasemybreast.com excessive use of shatavari can cause side effects like weight gain and premenstrual stress.

Thanks for that info

I think this one is pretty good and cheap: http://www.amazon.com/Shatavari-Extract-600mg-Saponins-containing-Shatavarins-300/dp/B003NZWI36/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388248992&sr=8-1&keywords=shatavari+saponin

The standardized extract means it is quite concentrated and 1 capsule should be plenty to start. In fact if it gets uncomfortable you can open up the capsule and pour half of it into some water.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon