Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

OMG ive had the WORST pms today :'(

Sad 

its really weird! im off all the herbs with the exception of fenugreek after natureday herbs changed my cycle.
I never had any luteal swelling this month either which was somewhat unusual!
Sorry not directly related to NBE but with relation to herbs i feel we all should be careful as I've always been regular as can be .... UNTIL I started with BE sodding herbs :s

Any good advice to help with P pain? It's Xmas day tomorrow and I don't want to be bed ridden like I have been today!!!!!

Nothing in particular jumps out at me. It could be everything together. I'd get off of everything including the fenugreek for a couple days. If I were to guess I'd say the dong quai extract in the natureday got magnified by the variety of saponins in all the other products. Which would be a shame if that's true because otherwise it seems to be one of the better products. Maybe when you start again you could get off it temporarily or add a little progesterone cream. Or use less during follicular and as it approaches.

Sorry to hear that Ella. Sad
I have really bad menstrual cramps every month and have to take tons of pain killers. So I know how annoying it is. Sad

However I do not believe it was the fenugreek in your case since it is known to lessen the pains of menstrual cramps. I read that on different sites.

Maybe it is due to the massage? Some days ago I read a thread in the archive section about more pain after the chi massage. Huh

Ya I'm not sure. I was thinking it might be FG magnifying the residual dong quai extract, and so to get off the FG temporarily. And then when all the dong quai is out of your system get back on the FG later. And everything else except natureday, or include natureday but add PC, or gradually re-include natureday. But I could be completely wrong. Just the best guess I could come up with: all the other ingredients except dong quai should normally help on their own if anything but they could be greatly magnifying the dong quai.

If it's not dong quai then distant 2nd place for a guess would be saw palmetto. Not only FG but everything else should be helping rather than hurting.

(24-12-2013, 05:33 PM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  Ya I'm not sure. I was thinking it might be FG magnifying the residual dong quai extract, and so to get off the FG temporarily. And then when all the dong quai is out of your system get back on the FG later. And everything else except natureday, or include natureday but add PC, or gradually re-include natureday. But I could be completely wrong. Just the best guess I could come up with: all the other ingredients except dong quai should normally help on their own if anything but they could be greatly magnifying the dong quai.

If it's not dong quai then distant 2nd place for a guess would be saw palmetto. Not only FG but everything else should be helping rather than hurting.

hi surfer. sorry I never received your reply but thank you Smile
yes its been a weird cycle. I had as mentioned above the day before xmas that horrific day, then the following day (xmas) day it as good as stopped. then the rest of the cycle has been ridiculously light. the previous month I was a week early. I have ALWAYS had regular reliable cycles! so that's why (I believe) 7-8 weeks ago I stopped natureday cold turkey! now ive just been taking bustea tea, fenugreek seeds soaked and massage. im still holding onto the goats rue I purchased but the plan was/is to take a lower dosage of vitex 40mg (as per your advice compared to the 400mg which seems to be all you can buy here) with the intent of brining est/prog back into balance and then
id like to try natureday again at a much lower dosage I might add, to be fair because just as I had gained actual measurable and visual growth in a very short period of time and that is when I had that very short cycle so I stopped ND cold turkey. I panicked I guess.

(24-12-2013, 02:00 PM)peggy Wrote:  Sorry to hear that Ella. Sad
I have really bad menstrual cramps every month and have to take tons of pain killers. So I know how annoying it is. Sad

However I do not believe it was the fenugreek in your case since it is known to lessen the pains of menstrual cramps. I read that on different sites.

Maybe it is due to the massage? Some days ago I read a thread in the archive section about more pain after the chi massage. Huh

Do you get them every month Peggy? Or just since you started NBE?
It's aweful isn't it! I thought Xmas day would be ruined but luckily it was perfectly fine!
It does worry me the change in cycle since mucking around with herbs cause I can say that's one thing I could always rely on being 100% reliable. It just goes to show what doing what we are doing can affect us. Hence the trying to keep it as simple as possible :s

Well I know that before I took any herbs my cramps were pretty bad. While on the herbs they became virtually non-existent (though PMS moods still there, oops!). Once I went cold-turkey ofrom the herbs I had the worst cramps I can remember having and it was just all around....BAD. Not sure which herbs help though at this point. I will keep you updated if I can further hone in on this though!

(27-12-2013, 06:20 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Do you get them every month Peggy?

Yes, every month. Not always horrible, but most of the time quite bad.

(27-12-2013, 10:42 AM)Jenniferlove Wrote:  Well I know that before I took any herbs my cramps were pretty bad. While on the herbs they became virtually non-existent (though PMS moods still there, oops!). Once I went cold-turkey ofrom the herbs I had the worst cramps I can remember having and it was just all around....BAD. Not sure which herbs help though at this point. I will keep you updated if I can further hone in on this though!

Gawd what us poor women go through!
Funny you say that cause the first cycle while I was on natureday I had no pain at all so I was over the moon then the second one I ended up way to early! Meh..
I'm over overanalysing things. Just wish a hormone test wasn't soo sodding expensive!
Anyway hope your having a good xmas jen Smile Managing to get as much noogling and massage time as I did before the holidays WITH the family around ha ha I still noogle in private but hubby has caught me on these boards now lol that took a bit of explaining but I said it was/is a forum for women and breast health... which "hello" it kinda is ;p

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon