Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Am I doing it wrong?

Hi. I'm new here. I have a couple questions I hope y'all can help with. For the last month I've been taking 4000mg of flaxseed oil capsules and 2440mg of fenugreek everyday and I've been massaging with flaxseed oil once or twice a day. I don't have a lot of extra money to spend on this so that's really all I can do. Is this a good routine? Should I be using different herbs? And with the massaging I read to do it for 10-15 minutes but my arms get tired after about 2 minutes(lol. Am I the only one?!) so 5 minutes is usually my max. I put my palms over my nipples and cup my boobs and move the whole boob in a circular motion going inward. Am I doing it wrong? Like I said I've been doing this for a month now with absolutely no change. :0 ( please help. Thanks.

There are some massages that go like that, so I don't think you're doing it wrong. If this is all you can afford to do, stick to it for a few more months before you get discouraged. Also, look into the hypnosis section. Some of those are free.

Good luck!

Thanks. If I could spend more money, what else should I be doing? What do you do and have you had any results?

I'm taking bovine ovary (Bountiful Breast, which is the much more expensive brand, but the cheaper ones have been shown to work as well), MSM, and fish oil. I also use the Noogleberry pump and do chi rotations (200-300).

I started in early November, so I haven't been at it long. However, I have seen an increase of .75 inch and noted that I am filling out bras better.

Since this whole NBE thing is highly individualized, what works for me might not work for you, though. If you skim through the forums, you'll start to see what seems to work well and on what kind of person.

I took BreastActives for a month and didn't see any increase so I didn't buy anymore because it's expensive. I figured all the marketed "breast pills" were a scam but maybe I should try a different one. What's MSM and PM? I'm sorry, lol. I'm seeing all these abbreviations but I'm clueless as to what they mean.

Quote:I took BreastActives for a month and didn't see any increase so I didn't buy anymore because it's expensive.
I think the general consensus is that any program should be maintained for at least 6 months to be able to give an accurate assessment of whether it works or not. If you want to use herbs, though, it's smarter and cheaper to buy the herbs separately and combine as suits your body.

Quote:What's MSM and PM? I'm sorry, lol. I'm seeing all these abbreviations but I'm clueless as to what they mean.
MSM is methylsulfonylmethane, a source of sulfur which helps support joint health and the growth of connective tissue.

PM is pueraria mirifica, a plant (root, I think, but don't quote me) that contains high concentrations of potent phytoestrogens.

(03-01-2014, 06:17 PM)toosmall3 Wrote:  Hi. I'm new here. I have a couple questions I hope y'all can help with. For the last month I've been taking 4000mg of flaxseed oil capsules and 2440mg of fenugreek everyday and I've been massaging with flaxseed oil once or twice a day. I don't have a lot of extra money to spend on this so that's really all I can do. Is this a good routine? Should I be using different herbs? And with the massaging I read to do it for 10-15 minutes but my arms get tired after about 2 minutes(lol. Am I the only one?!) so 5 minutes is usually my max. I put my palms over my nipples and cup my boobs and move the whole boob in a circular motion going inward. Am I doing it wrong? Like I said I've been doing this for a month now with absolutely no change. :0 ( please help. Thanks.

I can only comment on the massage and FSO. I would recommend counting strokes. Also, when your arms get tired, switch sides (i.e. rub your right breast with your left hand, your left breast with your right hand).

There are other things you can do (for free!) that are supposed to help:
1. Place a heating pad (set to low) on your breasts for about 10 minutes after massage.
2. Do light chest exercises 3+ times a week.
3. After a hot shower, run cold water over your breasts for about 30 seconds.

I do those in combination with the massage and have had some good results so far. (Check my Picture Page) But everyone is different...

2500 mg fenugreek and nothing else is very minimal. Allow many months before giving up hope or get a lot more fenugreek or add in other herbs. True there's the flax seed oil but it's more food than herb. If you get ground whole flax seeds instead it'll do more and works well with fenugreek. Or look into many other options. IMO the strongest options are much higher amounts of fenugreek or similar herbs (goat's rue, wild yam, shatavari), pueraria mirifica and progesterone cream. Pueraria mirifica may be taken with flax oil but doesn't combine well with whole flax seeds; pick one or the other.

Thanks everybody for replying. I've already learned a lot. I've been looking into the PM and I'm thinking of purchasing this from amazon http://www.amazon.com/Pueraria-Mirifica-Pure-D-Capsules-Stronger/dp/B0055ILB1O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388868532&sr=8-1&keywords=purifica+mirifica

Is this what everyone's talking about? How and when should I take it? I read about cycling it. But now sure exactly what that means. And the progesterone cream, is that used to massage with? I found this one on amazon also, http://www.amazon.com/Source-Naturals-Natural-Progesterone-Cream/dp/B000GFJJHY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1388868856&sr=8-2&keywords=progesterone+cream
Is that what I should get? And will these mess with my period? I have a four month old son. We have 2 sons now and we are done having kids. So every month when its time for my period I always get nervous and anxious when it doesn't come like clock work when it used to. I'm actually 5 days late now and I'm just praying it's some kind of side effect from the fenugreek and flaxseed oil. Tests are negative so I'll just keep waiting for it. lol. Thanks for the help!

Yes those are fine and popular. Yes pueraria mirifica may mess with your period. You put progesterone cream on your skin but you don't need to massage it. It can give some people headaches or such pains IIRC. Cycling means you use PM during follicular (first 12-14 days starting with your period, some skip days 1-2) and PC during luteal (last 14 days). Both PM & PC are very strong - both for NBE and for negative effects - so start with a little. And figure out which one you need more which is whichever one has less negative effects. A lot of those negative effects are from an imbalance of the two so when one makes things worse the other one can actually make things better (and is better for NBE for that person too). Most women are low in progesterone. Especially those who have had kids. So PC is actually popular for helping those issues and removing those negative effects, like issues with your period, for a lot of people. But too much progesterone is possible too. If you're afraid of guessing wrong you can use something weaker instead. Or get a hormone test from a doctor.

Just as a guess try 250 mg PM and the minimum recommended PC to start, then increase gradually. Probably increasing the PC first but eventually increasing both to maintain balance. Like I said just my guess, a hormone test would be more certain.

The reason you cycle these is to match and avoid disrupting your natural cycle: estrogen is higher in the first half, progesterone is higher in the second half.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon