Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Side effects of NBE supplements

This is a thread to help with all known side effects for our NBE products, feel free to add links in addition. Providing personal experiences, doses, and lists would be helpful:

I couldn't figure out why I was constantly itching, so checked on FG side effects and found hives/itching, I was taking 1830 mg, so I stopped taking for the time being (no itching for the last few days) Big Grin

Fenugreek -Signs of an allergic reaction,

An unexplained rash
Hives
Itching
Unexplained swelling
Wheezing
Difficulty breathing or swallowing.
http://www.healthcentral.com/diabetes/r/...de-effects
http://diabetes.emedtv.com/fenugreek/fen...fects.html

Thanks, L.A. Smile

Hops makes me sleepy even on a 310 mg dose! Dodgy

(10-01-2014, 07:34 PM)Lotus~Aphrodité Wrote:  Hops makes me sleepy even on a 310 mg dose! Dodgy

Then take it in the evening. Smile

Thanks Peggy, good idea, I don't like nodding off while someone's talking, right? Wink

I came across this thread a few days ago:

(06-08-2013, 06:57 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  VERY COMMON side effect of PM of causing an insulin spike. Since PM doesn't have any sugars this insulin attacks your existing blood sugar and can cause very severe hypoglycemic reactions (they're usually mild though). All temporary and very easily taken care of by simply being sure to eat something with around a gram of sugar when you take PM if you find you are prone to the severe ones.

Has anyone experienced this?

I haven't had that particular issue with PM but it did give me VERY bad headaches for the first few days on the first couple of cycles of it! They have since subsided, tho, without ever taking down the dose. In fact, this time around I finally upped the dose to taking it twice a day for the first time and haven't experienced any further headaches.

So if you're taking PM and having this problem, try to stick it out. Your body should adjust.

Wonderful thread lotus. I had hoped someone would post something like this up.
I have nothing of great significance to add at this stage but just to mention, sleepiness with fenugreek (1 teaspn seeds soaked and drunk twice a day) - if I sit down during the day to watch some tele I will drift off very quickly. Not much like me but it's not enough to make me stop.
Greenbush herbal blend of FG, WY, SP quite high dosages over the period of a day - very heavy menstrual cycle. Enough to make me stop immediately and not resume.

(10-01-2014, 07:34 PM)Lotus~Aphrodité Wrote:  Hops makes me sleepy even on a 310 mg dose! Dodgy

Lotus reduce amount of beer you knocking back . I know it got hops. Wink

(12-01-2014, 07:14 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Wonderful thread lotus. I had hoped someone would post something like this up.

Thanks ELLA,
I'm hoping people will share their experiences that will help others, i.e.

SAW PALMETTO- Possible Interactions
Finasteride(Proscar) -- Because saw palmetto may work similarly to finasteride (Proscar), you should not use this herb in combination with finasteride or other medications used to treat BPH unless directed to by your physician.
Antiplatelet and anticoagulant drugs (blood-thinners) -- Saw palmetto may affect the blood's ability to clot, and could interfere with blood-thinning drugs, including:
Warfarin (Coumadin)
Clopidogrel (Plavix)
Aspirin
Oral contraceptives and hormone replacement therapy -- Saw palmetto may reduce the number of estrogen and androgen receptors, and thus have hormone like effects. It may make oral contraceptives less effective, raising the risk of unplanned pregnancy.

Source: Saw palmetto | University of Maryland Medical Center http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/her...z2qDHZ7C1P
University of Maryland Medical Center
Follow us: @UMMC on Twitter | MedCenter on Facebook

Tibetan reported Alfalfa affects dental fillings in males sometime ago, for some reason I didn't forget it,lol.
Btw, I came across this- 9 steps to Detox from mercury fillings:

Cilantro — Studies have shown that cilantro or coriander ( Chinese parsley ) can help move mercury and other toxic metals out of the central nervous system for excretion through the urine or feces. To increase your intake of cilantro, Dr. Klinghardt suggests making this "pesto" to increase your intake of cilantro: http://customers.hbci.com/~wenonah/new/9steps.htm 9 steps to detox from mercury fillings

Youre wonderful lotus. Ive been searching for this recipe!

Wow !! I will certainly remeber the coriander recipe .
Other one to cleanse your liver is TUMERIC . This is a very potent herb used in south asian cooking and totally safe . The list of benefits are huge .
Other herb to look at is CINAMON . This is another wonder herb . A good kidney cleanser with multitude of other benefical effects .
Another one is BLACK SEEDS aka ONION SEEDS . The list is huge in terms of benefits .
Another BLACK JIRI . This was told to me by fellow herbal follower . I still have to read up on that .
Next on my list is going to be HIMALAYAN SALT . Replacing it with all other salts used in all consumption and also use it as bath salts in me jacuzi Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon