Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Reducing scoliosis deformity

Hi All,

Here is an e-book on Schroth Method exercises for scoliosis. In case you don't know - the Scroth method was a scoliosis treatment developed in Germany for the correction of scoliosis deformities including rib hump etc.

I am not sure I quite buy their claims and I don't believe this is a replacement for medical treatment, but I will be giving it a go myself as I would love to decrease my 'rib hump' which is very painful at times and makes me look like I am 70 years old.

http://physiobukuonline.blogspot.com.au/...t-for.html

I am starting with the breathing and sleep/ sitting positions before I get into the exercises. Does anybody else have any tips for improving their scoliosis or success stories? I wore a brace in highschool but was considered too high risk for surgery. I have a 35 deg right thoracic curvature last time it was measured.

I will be taking some photos to try and document progress but am unsure whether I will share - will certainly let you know if I notice any changes.

I don't know much about scoliosis but maybe wearing a high quality corset could help?

I do have a corset and it is really great for lower back support. The difficulty is that the corset exerts equal pressure everywhere, so it doesn't really "correct" scoliosis by pushing in convex areas of the ribcage the way a specially designed back brace does. Most scoliosis is right thoracic scoliosis - meaning that the upper back is crooked with the right side of the rib cage twisted towards the back and the right shoulder pushed forward, creating the 'rib hump' which is really the ribs rotated backwards. A corset doesn't reach this area, but possibly could help a little if you had an overbust corset and put a bit of padding on the right side at the back to push the ribs in more... the only problem is that it would also make it hard to expand the lung on the left. Maybe I could make a special scoliosis corset based on my old back brace - it would be more comfortable and a lot prettier. Thanks for your suggestion though Smile

This girl reduced her lumbar curve from 54.9 at its max to 7 degrees. She also reduced her thoracic curve from 83 at its max to 45. That's a 47.3 and 38 degree reduction.

http://www.scoliosis-support.org/member.php?s=079caed1e3bf2e58a82389a30df521f4&u=2163

Here's her profile. She is no longer active on the forum but she posts her regime somewhat.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon