Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Fenugreek dose question

Question 

Hello everyone!

I'm hoping someone with experience taking Fenugreek for BE can help me. I have been on Fenugreek for about a week and a half. I'm taking Solaray Fenugreek in 620mg capsules. I made the mistake of not cycling up. I just started at the middle dose recommended on the bottle (2 pills, three times a day). After about two days, I could smell the maple syrup in my sweat, and I read that was a sign that I was at the right dose.

I'm still taking the 2 pills/3 times a day, but I no longer smell the maple syrup scent. I even tried going without deodorant to make sure I wasn't masking it! Blush

I'm wondering if my body has gotten used to the dose and whether I should go up to 2 pills/4 times a day (the max dose recommended on the bottle). I'd be a bit worried though since that would be the maximum for this brand.

Should I try and cycle up to the max, and then take a break when it seems my body has adjusted? Huh

Thanks for your help!

I'm taking FG. I started from the dose of 2X610mg twice a day (meaning 4 pills a day). I read somewhere that 1800mg will cause stalling in a A cup (which I am) so I am reducing my dose to 1X610mg thrice a day (meaning 3 pills a day). I will ramp up my dose over the next few weeks.

I also read that it isnt necessary to have the maple syrup smell - lots of ladies reported growth w/o the foul odour. I hope to be one of them!

Hope this helps!

Can someone else smell it on you? You might have just gotten too used to the smell to smell it yourself.

(20-02-2014, 01:26 AM)katelyn Wrote:  I'm taking FG. I started from the dose of 2X610mg twice a day (meaning 4 pills a day). I read somewhere that 1800mg will cause stalling in a A cup (which I am) so I am reducing my dose to 1X610mg thrice a day (meaning 3 pills a day). I will ramp up my dose over the next few weeks.

I also read that it isnt necessary to have the maple syrup smell - lots of ladies reported growth w/o the foul odour. I hope to be one of them!

Hope this helps!

Do you remember where you read that FG causes stalling? Did they give a reason why? I take in excess of 5000 mg of FG daily to counteract the depression I get from PM. Do you take PM in addition to FG?

I'm going to switch to fenugeek fennel and licorice herbs into tea I think this is a better way to take fenugreek when I tried fenugreek tea and seeds I swelled over an inch in a few days.

Thanks everyone! I stuck with my usual dose, up until my period came. I could not find a clear answer as to whether or not to stop taking Fenugreek, so I cut back to the lowest dose on the bottle.

I did see Fenugreek tea for sale at Whole Foods, but I want to finish up the capsules since they were pricey. I wonder if the tea will cause the same maple syrup smell. My husband told me I smelled like curry Dodgy.

I'm also a little worried about weight gain. I know that Fenugreek can increase appetite, and I've been feeling "fuller" around my waist this week. I'm also on my period, so I can't say how much is "real" gain versus bloat and water gain.

Bonita,
I also take FG & Fennel but why do you take licorice? I've heard pros & cons about taking it.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon