Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Lump in breast?

Hey y'all, so I am still looking for work and therefore trying to avoid a co-pay which is why I am asking here before I freak out and go to the doctor. Over the weekend I noticed a weird rash-like thing going around my right breast. It didn't itch and was like tiny pimples or contact dermatitis in pretty much the areas I massage. I thought maybe it was sweat getting caught in the oils from my massage cream since I have been hula hooping a lot lately and it started to clear up on it's own. However, Saturday night my left breast felt tender and when I went to take a shower I noticed a large pimple like bump on my areola. My husband and I looked it up, read some stuff about clogged milk ducts, and decided to let it be to see if it went away on it's own.

So now I sit here two days later, sore bump still there only maybe smaller... however it has what looks like a small rash around it. None of the stuff on the surface bothers me as much as the fact that I felt a hard lump INSIDE my breast last night and that's where I am freaking out. It's hard and painless and moves around when I touch it.

I have stopped massage just to make sure (I have been using the same type of massage lotion for months and I have never broken out on my chest before!)... does any of this sound familiar to anyone else?

It could be a blocked duct or an infection.

Here's some info I had from my breastfeeding days:

http://nbci.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7:blocked-ducts-a-mastitis&catid=5:information&Itemid=17

I could imagine that a milk duct could act like a pore-- if it became blocked with too much oil or lotion, it could get infected. When I was breastfeeding, I would use a hot compress and massage the lump. It hurt like crazy, but they went away in a few days. I hope it's nothing more serious than that.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon