Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Saw palmetto made my face swell up!

So I have been taking Greenbush herbs enhancement kit which is a combination of Fenugreek, Saw Palmetto and Wild Yam. I was taking 2 capsules, 3 times a day. As well as the liquid extract of the same herbs. and I grew a centimeter in a week!! But, by the end of the week, I was feeling cold like symptoms, had dark circles around my eyes and feeling sinus pressure and swelling in my face. I told my wellness doctor, and he said it was because of the Saw Palmetto. It's been two days since I've stopped taking it the greenbush herbs. Don't have the cold like symptoms anymore, nor the dark circles, still have the sinus pressure and the puffy face. I guess I need a few more days to get out out of my system. But the growth has remained so far. Has anyone else had swelling in face due to Saw Palmetto? and how long did it take to go away? I'm just a little concerned about it.

Is it like an allergy?

(01-03-2014, 09:50 PM)Ale_s Wrote:  So I have been taking Greenbush herbs enhancement kit which is a combination of Fenugreek, Saw Palmetto and Wild Yam. I was taking 2 capsules, 3 times a day. As well as the liquid extract of the same herbs. and I grew a centimeter in a week!! But, by the end of the week, I was feeling cold like symptoms, had dark circles around my eyes and feeling sinus pressure and swelling in my face. I told my wellness doctor, and he said it was because of the Saw Palmetto. It's been two days since I've stopped taking it the greenbush herbs. Don't have the cold like symptoms anymore, nor the dark circles, still have the sinus pressure and the puffy face. I guess I need a few more days to get out out of my system. But the growth has remained so far. Has anyone else had swelling in face due to Saw Palmetto? and how long did it take to go away? I'm just a little concerned about it.
Been taking FG+SP +FN +RC + Hops +maka+algerine . No side effects to date

(01-03-2014, 09:50 PM)Ale_s Wrote:  So I have been taking Greenbush herbs enhancement kit which is a combination of Fenugreek, Saw Palmetto and Wild Yam. I was taking 2 capsules, 3 times a day. As well as the liquid extract of the same herbs. and I grew a centimeter in a week!! But, by the end of the week, I was feeling cold like symptoms, had dark circles around my eyes and feeling sinus pressure and swelling in my face. I told my wellness doctor, and he said it was because of the Saw Palmetto. It's been two days since I've stopped taking it the greenbush herbs. Don't have the cold like symptoms anymore, nor the dark circles, still have the sinus pressure and the puffy face. I guess I need a few more days to get out out of my system. But the growth has remained so far. Has anyone else had swelling in face due to Saw Palmetto? and how long did it take to go away? I'm just a little concerned about it.

How do you know for sure its the SP? Could it be the glycerin base or alcohol medium its in? Maybe you have allergies to wheat/corn/soy? Sounds like an allergy.

(02-03-2014, 05:46 PM)tibetan113 Wrote:  

How do you know for sure its the SP? Could it be the glycerin base or alcohol medium its in? Maybe you have allergies to wheat/corn/soy? Sounds like an allergy.

Because I've taken Fenugreek and Wild Yam before, with no side effect. And the herbs are pure with no fillers. After I notice these reactions, I looked up the side effects/allergic reactions to Saw Palmetto, and swelling in the face is one of them. The swelling has gone down a little each day. Plus, I feel so much better now that I off it. It made me feel sick. I really wish I wasn't allergic to it because that stuff was working!

(03-03-2014, 05:22 PM)Ale_s Wrote:  
(02-03-2014, 05:46 PM)tibetan113 Wrote:  

Because I've taken Fenugreek and Wild Yam before, with no side effect. And the herbs are pure with no fillers. After I notice these reactions, I looked up the side effects/allergic reactions to Saw Palmetto, and swelling in the face is one of them. The swelling has gone down a little each day. Plus, I feel so much better now that I off it. It made me feel sick. I really wish I wasn't allergic to it because that stuff was working!

Its good your better you could try spearmint its an anti androgen like saw palmetto is not quite the same but a lot prefer it.

Its good your better you could try spearmint its an anti androgen like saw palmetto is not quite the same but a lot prefer it.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon