Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Progesterone cream causing harsh periods?

I have been taking progesterone cream since last November during the 2nd half, post-ovulatory part of my cycle, 2 weeks each part.

Since my cycle seems to be longer than 28 days, eventually I started progesterone cream as soon as my period ended, similar to how Tibetan did hers 1 week earlier from what is considered normal post-ovulation progesterone therapy. I went along with it since hers seemed to go so well.

I had the most gains so far doing it Tibetan's way and I am currently +1 inch from where I started in about 4 months time (from 37.5 to 38.5 inches), but now during my period I feel WAAAAAY more moody and the cramps last a little longer and it's pretty bad. sometimes I want to cry...

I read elsewhere that progesterone frees up the estrogen receptors making them more available to regular estrogen, so this may be one reason why my PMS symptoms are so bad now, but what can I do to keep this moodiness from happening?

Currently I have maca, shatavari and dong quai and a red clover tincture in my medicine cabinet. I am only taking maca and shatavari when I am not taking progesterone. Will dong quai alleviate PMS symptoms when my progesterone cream time is up?

Please help Sad I like the boobs so far but not the side effects

EDIT: forgot to add that I do have estrogen dominance symptoms and considered this before taking progesterone

whoops

The drop in your progesterone levels can cause moodiness/depression, This is part of why some women get postpartum depression after having their baby. And the progesterone also causes the lining of tissue and blood to build up thicker (high progesterone levels help support pregnancy in this way) so that probably has something to do with you experiencing harsher cramps.

Your red clover or dong qui would probably help. Or some strong ginger tea sipped throughout the day. It's about 40 cents to get ginger root at the grocery store. Staying very hydrated with water, especially hot water (increases bloodflow to pelvic area) can also help cramps.

Hope this helps!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon