Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

FAQ-What foods promote NBE?

What are Enzymes?

Enzymes are energized protein molecules found in all living cells which catalyze and regulate all biochemical reactions that occur within the human body. They break down proteins, fats, carbohydrates and fiber making it possible to benefit from the nutrients found in those foods while removing the toxins.

Enzymes turn the food we eat into energy and unlock this energy for use in the body. They digest foods, transport nutrients, carry away toxic wastes, purify the blood, deliver hormones, balance cholesterol and triglycerides, nourish the brain, build protein into muscle, feed and fortify the endocrine system and on a larger scale slow the aging process and support wellness and homeostasis. Their presence and strength can be determined by improved blood and immune system functions. Our body’s first line of defense system depends on enzymes.

Enzymes are mainly categorized as Digestive Enzymes and Systemic Enzymes.

Digestive enzymes work inside the digestive tract to break down the foods sufficiently to be absorbed. Amylase, Pepsin, and Lactase are the most common digestive enzymes, which break down starches, proteins and fats respectively.

Systemic enzymes, also called metabolic enzymes works inside the blood, tissues, and cell of the body system. Some of the important Systemic enzymes include Fibrinolytic enzymes, Proteases, and Catalases. Among them, Serrapeptase and Nattokinase are the essential Fibrinolytic enzymes, which act to break down excess fibrin in the body. These enzymes fight inflammation, fibrosis (scar tissues), and viruses; modulate the immune system; and cleanse the blood.

The food that is consumed is broken down during digestion into its component parts - proteins, carbohydrates, and fats - cells utilize these biomolecules and oxidize them to gain energy during cellular respiration. Thus, cellular energy generation with the aid of oxygen is conducted in the presence of enzymes that act as catalyst for the reaction. Most protein products of digestion will undergo chemical conversion into amino acids long before they reach a cell, similarly all fats will be converted to fatty acids, and all carbohydrates are transformed into glucose - the principal sugar in the body.

-Fruit rich enzymes, ie- avocados, papayas, bananas and pineapples

-Herbs that harm the liver, Kava Kava, echinacea, bitter orange, germander

Piperine in black pepper and in fact all spicy herbs inhibit P450 enzymes so taking a small amount of spice to antibiotics or in an herbal formula will make both more effective and longer lasting. This is why many formulas add a small amount of cayenne pepper, trikatu herbs such as black pepper, pippli or ginger. to a formula -- to increase utilization and absorption.

Thank you for adding this!!!! These are instrumental to good health and why we should eat fresh fruit/veggies. I will cut and paste this into my notes *BOWSDOWNTOMENTOR*

(16-03-2014, 07:24 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Thank you for adding this!!!! These are instrumental to good health and why we should eat fresh fruit/veggies. I will cut and paste this into my notes *BOWSDOWNTOMENTOR*

I have been adding PM extract to Grapefruit juice, so from what I can tell so far is that it does give a boost, and I love pepper, so adding cinnamon would only seem logical right?

(16-03-2014, 07:39 PM)Mistress~Lotus Wrote:  
(16-03-2014, 07:24 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Thank you for adding this!!!! These are instrumental to good health and why we should eat fresh fruit/veggies. I will cut and paste this into my notes *BOWSDOWNTOMENTOR*

I have been adding PM extract to Grapefruit juice, so from what I can tell so far is that it does give a boost, and I love pepper, so adding cinnamon would only seem logical right?

Ha ha that's a new one!! Something to look into though women should avoid consuming grapefruit while on the pill so there must be some sort of hormonal interaction there which could stop it from working- its also been used "supposedly" as a form of morning after contraception. If you find a link to citris & phytos let me know cause il use it enhance digestion of my herbal concoction Smile

But you know what now you mentioned it! Grapefruit is also encouraged because it protects the breasts against BC Smile I find it bitter as all hell but I have it when I can get my hands on it over here Smile

(16-03-2014, 07:50 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  But you know what now you mentioned it! Grapefruit is also encouraged because it protects the breasts against BC Smile I find it bitter as all hell but I have it when I can get my hands on it over here Smile

I would think if you metabolize slower you'd see/feel more of an impact or vice/versa, don't ya think?

(16-03-2014, 08:07 PM)Mistress~Lotus Wrote:  
(16-03-2014, 07:50 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  But you know what now you mentioned it! Grapefruit is also encouraged because it protects the breasts against BC Smile I find it bitter as all hell but I have it when I can get my hands on it over here Smile

I would think if you metabolize slower you'd see/feel more of an impact or vice/versa, don't ya think?

No idea !!! Smile as long as its good for you thats all that matters Smile il try and find some but most of its imported which im not overly keen on . Il wait till they r in season here Wink

SO happy I don't have to give up coffee
I was so worried about my caffeine levels
and choc too yay =D
interesting I've been trying to take more progesterone on pms after finding out it was good for it

I'm definitely 100% focused on NBE Foods.

Although I'm taking PM, it only makes sense to eat healthy NBE foods.
It just seems that the huge list of foods is just normal everyday foods.

I've been loading up on raw pecans, almonds, peanuts, walnuts, sunflower, sesame & flax seeds. Oatmeal, whole grain breads, whole grain cereals, skim milk, blueberries & strawberries. I'm growing tomatoes now, with red peppers, parsley, oregano & sweet potatoes. This fall & winter, I'm going to plant blue berries, service berries, muscadines, apple, persimmon & plum trees. The garden next year will be much larger, but I haven't decided what else to grow, minus tripling my tomatoes. Granted the trees & berries will take time to come in, but they've been in the master plan for a couple of years now. The pantry stays full of beans & peas, and the freezer stays full of chicken, beef, venison & fish. I've added green tea & spearmint tea, but have always drank black tea. I've started using more lemon, too. We usually cook with olive oil & fresh garlic, but I'm now using sunflower oil in place of vegetable oil, to keep the iron skillets seasoned.

These are all normal foods that I've always eaten, minus flax, so it's hard to see how important they are to NBE. But, they're supposed to help, so why not ?!!

:-)

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon