Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Dome size database!

If I had the time and materials I thought that domes weren't really the best way to do this. You just need an air tight curved plexiglass box with two holes the right size and spacing apart. That way your never in contact with anything other than the base. You boobs are free to move about and thrive in a negative pressure environment. Lol. Feeling like a mad boob scientist this morning.

I understand heat gun + plastic already shaped like domes, but where could I get dome boxes? I live in Sweden, dunno where I could find in the right size or at all. Buying plexiglass, cutting to size and then making a dome out of a flat piece seems daunting lol. Maybe I should make it my next hobby project haha. I'd make them so ugly! XD

Sounds like what you'd really need to do is get the XL Noogleberry and grin and bear it or try to DIY a contouring of the XL domes. The CL domes MIGHT fit already, depending on how big you are in cup size. If you're bigger than a C you need the XL.

Karren, from reading your many great posts I'd say you're about the closest we have to a boob scientist. As for the "mad" part, I don't judge. Smile

Pink, I sympathize with your contouring issue. I have a similar problem with fitting these things as well. My first DIY effort was using Oxo Good Grips funnels, which are nicely boob shaped and sized, but basically round. As I'm something of a craftsperson I created a custom contoured base for the cups using polymer clay, which when baked essentially becomes PVC plastic. My first one was with a smaller funnel size and worked fairly well, though I was forever noticing and patching air leaks. Then I tried to make a contoured base for a larger size cup and haven't had any luck getting it right.

I haven't tried heating the plastic as you guys discussed. I might do that. Also I considered simply cutting the cup into a contoured shape, then padding the base some way. I actually tried padding with auto door weatherstripping, but it was pretty much impossible to seal and stay put.

We mad boob scientists will just have to keep at it until we come up with the the best way to make contoured cups, I guess.

Abi - but what c cup? I'm a 28 band. C is really small on 28 so I can't use cup sizes to judge size of cups. I might just have to get the XL and macgyver it if I can't get it to fit lol.

Wanmabe - Wow how did you do with the polymer clay? I happen to have lots haha. I was thinking maybe something could be added on to parts of the rim to make it more contoured but couldn't settle on what. Polymer clay was clever, sory it didn't work out. Sad I might postpone buying one for another month anyway so I have more time to think something out or just make it work when I get it. Thank you!

(02-05-2016, 01:39 PM)PinkTable Wrote:  Abi - but what c cup? I'm a 28 band. C is really small on 28 so I can't use cup sizes to judge size of cups. I might just have to get the XL and macgyver it if I can't get it to fit lol.

cL might fit then. Honestly, ask the folks over at Noogleberry, they're usually pretty good at this.

Okay, I'll email them later then. Thanks!

(02-05-2016, 01:39 PM)PinkTable Wrote:  Wanmabe - Wow how did you do with the polymer clay? I happen to have lots haha. I was thinking maybe something could be added on to parts of the rim to make it more contoured but couldn't settle on what. Polymer clay was clever, sory it didn't work out. Sad I might postpone buying one for another month anyway so I have more time to think something out or just make it work when I get it. Thank you!

Polymer clay is basically plastic, so if you manage to shape it to fit it works well. Since I didn't want to put my plastic cup in the oven, though, baking the clay was a bit tricky. I used 2 part epoxy to glue it to the funnel cup.

I'm actually about to try the sculpted contour thing with another material-- epoxy putty. It's sold at auto supply and hardware stores in a tube. The advantage is it hardens without baking. However it hardens very quickly once mixed and smells awful until it's dry. I'll let you know how it works after I try it.

Yeah, I was worried about the baking part haha. Epoxy putty sounds simpler. You'd still have to make some sort of cushion, right? Like the hideous, huge foam rings they offer? Or is it bearable without? I emailed about sizing but haven't gotten a reply yet. I really am not a fan of the foam rings, they look huge. They would probably shave off the inner diameter by a noticeable amount, right? The kangzhu cups seem to have nicer bases, with the soft silicone. If I could make something like that,it'd be great. Sweet, let me know how it turns out! Big Grin

(03-05-2016, 04:25 PM)PinkTable Wrote:  You'd still have to make some sort of cushion, right? Like the hideous, huge foam rings they offer?

Not necessarily. With my first version using polymer clay I found the if I sculpted the clay carefully by gently pressing it against my chest it fit so smoothly that cushioning wasn't needed. You're basically custom shaping the cup to your chest, so it just fits you perfectly. The hardness of the plastic doesn't seem to matter then.

I haven't picked up my epoxy putty just yet, but I'll check back in after I try that.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon